View Poll Results: Which Package of Picks Do You Like the Best?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jake Matthews, Hasean Clinton-Dix, Denzel Perryman

2 7.41%
  • Jake Matthews, Darqueze Dennard, A.J. McCarron

2 7.41%
  • Jake Matthews, Mike Evans, Gabe Jackson

10 37.04%
  • Jake Matthews, Louis Nix, Jason Verrett

4 14.81%
  • Jadeveon Clowney, Taylor Lewan, Dion Bailey

2 7.41%
  • Jadeveon Clowney, Cyrus Kouandjio, Lamarcus Joiner

1 3.70%
  • Jadeveon Clowney, Cameron Erving, Jordan Matthews

1 3.70%
  • Jadeveon Clowney, Mike Evans, Zach Martin

0 0%
  • Sammy Watkins, Taylor Lewan, Jason Verrett

3 11.11%
  • Sammy Watkins, Louis Nix, Gabe Jackson

1 3.70%
  • Sammy Watkins, Hasean Clinton-Dix, Bryan Stork

1 3.70%
  • Sammy Watkins, Justin Gilbert, Zach Martin

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pick 3: Which of the Following Packages (Pick #s 2, 13, 44) Would You Want?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Pick 3: Which of the Following Packages (Pick #s 2, 13, 44) Would You Want?

I've come up with a number of scenarios that, at least at this stage in the game, seem plausible for the Rams first three picks (#s 2, 13, 44), assuming that the Rams don't make any trades.

Which one do you like the best?

Re: Pick 3: Which of the Following Packages (Pick #s 2, 13, 44) Would You Want?

It should come as no surprise that my picks were Matthews/Evans/Jackson, given that they were my picks on my last mock!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    It should come as no surprise that my picks were Matthews/Evans/Jackson, given that they were my picks on my last mock!
    Don't know much about Mike Evans, but what I do know is he appears to have quite a bit of growing up to do. If you could replace him with Kelvin Benjamin (assuming he declares), I wouldn't have much problem with that.

For my own taste however, if I could, I'd take Clowney, Benjamin/Watkins and the best available OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Don't know much about Mike Evans, but what I do know is he appears to have quite a bit of growing up to do. If you could replace him with Kelvin Benjamin (assuming he declares), I wouldn't have much problem with that.

For my own taste however, if I could, I'd take Clowney, Benjamin/Watkins and the best available OT.
    Interesting...

When you go to a pizza place, do you try to order sushi?

The point of the poll was to present 12 (max number of poll choics) plausible options.

Intead of choosing one, you have suggested a combination of Clowney, a choice between a WR who will likely be gone at #13 (Watkins) or one who has not declared (Benjamin), and an unnamed player.

Randart is online now Registered User

I went with your same choice AvR as I felt getting two Oh Line men was the best case scenario and if Evans is a Mega-Tron II then we hit the jack pot! But I would love to pick up AJ as I just think he could be steal in this draft and we badly need a back up who could lead us to the playoffs if need be. And the guy is just a winner on a major scale. Nice bunch of choices many good 3 somes in there I would be happy with. Going to be exciting to see what happens come draft day for sure!

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

I'd like Matthews, Evans and Jackson of the 12 options presented...

However, when I got to a pizza place I sometimes ask to swap toppings. If I could get Watkins, Lewan and Gabe Jackson (instead of Verrett) I'd leave a big tip for the waiter.
    RealRam and Randart like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    I'd like Matthews, Evans and Jackson of the 12 options presented...

However, when I got to a pizza place I sometimes ask to swap toppings. If I could get Watkins, Lewan and Gabe Jackson (instead of Verrett) I'd leave a big tip for the waiter.
    At least those items are actually on the menu.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I gotta be honest.....there's several of those I'd be quite happy with.

But if I have to pick one, I'd go with Matthews/Nix/Verrett. To shore up both lines and get an excellent CB prospect sounds great. My 2nd choice would be Matthews/Evans/Jackson. Hard to find anything wrong with that choice either.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rawr is offline Registered User

I'm all in for trading down, but if we pick at #2, it has to be Matthews. I'm interested in Nix, Dix, or a corner with our other first, but I think we can trade down and still be able to get at least one of those options. Basically I guess I just want to trade down over and over, but if I have to go with one of those options, I'll go with Matthews/Nix/Verrett. These guys could all start from day 1 for us, and all we'd have left to do is fill in that spot at safety. When it's all said and done, though, I doubt Verrett is still on the board at #44.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I went with Clowney/Kouandijo/Joyner. I like Clowney as the BPA and would take him at #2. Kouandijo is a guy with big time potential and I like him as a player. Lamarcus Joyner is my favourite part of the draft probably. A high flying missile that loves to hit and be physical but can also cover and has unbelievable closing speed. He's similar to Kenny Vaccaro in the fact that he can play deep, near the line, or even slot CB. Very versatile and great piece.

THE DREAM TEAM

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

While this would be a decent haul I have some comments to make on the overall package:

1.) There is next to no way that the Rams will stay exclusively on one side of the ball with the first 3 picks. If they stay at the 2nd pick my guess at this point is that it will be two in the defensive side and one on the offensive.

2.) I think Jake Matthews would make an excellent choice; however, I do not see the Rams taking him at No. 2. Maybe if they trade down to the 5 or 6 area they take him but not before that.

3.) Either Matthews or Gabe Jackson could work well but without a trade down as your thread assumes I really do not see Fish and crew going offensive line in the first two rounds. To wit: if they go OL in the first they will not in the 2nd and conversely, if they do not go OL in the first they in all likelihood will in the 2nd round. But not both.....

Oh, and for the record I went with the Clowney, Lewan and Bailey package.

WHAT SAY YE?

I need to correct myself.

My last mock actually had the Rams taking Matthews, Gilbert and Jackson. However, I currently have Evans ranked above Gilbert on my draft board.

I agree that 3 offensive players to start the draft would be surprising. However, given the state of the O line from a health/FA standpoint, taking two OL in the first 3 picks is not so far-fetched, in my opinion.
    Randart likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Interesting...

When you go to a pizza place, do you try to order sushi?

The point of the poll was to present 12 (max number of poll choics) plausible options.

Intead of choosing one, you have suggested a combination of Clowney, a choice between a WR who will likely be gone at #13 (Watkins) or one who has not declared (Benjamin), and an unnamed player.
    In other words, none of them is suitable for my taste. Simply laid out what is.

I see nothing wrong with that, unless of course, you're trying to make me eat sushi, when I rather have pizza.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Ha! Without peeking at the vote results first I too chose the Matthews, Evans & Jackson trio.

Fact is, I'm just recently learning the profiles of some of these collegiate prospects so my "preferences" are rather limited in terms of being justified for the Rams 2014 needs and beyond.

Nonetheless, based on said scope, my close 2nd vote would be...

Jadeveon Clowney, Mike Evans, Zach Martin.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Guess I'm a pizza guy too... Gimme a pie with Clowney, Robinson & Bucannon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast