Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Pick three players in 2013

Rambos is offline Registered User

Pick three players in 2013

The GM job is never done. So what would you do with our first two picks in the draft. What ONE free agent would you bring in next year. Lets also assume we have locked up Amendola.

Not knowing where we are going to pick the board is open just pick two players you would like to add.

Free agent
    Greg Jennings WR from Packers

Draft
    Star Lotulelei DT Utah
    Eric Reid FS LSU

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pick three players in 2013

I'll go with:

Free Agent
    Jake Long, OT, Miami Dolphins

Draft
    Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
    Keenan Allen, WR, California
    JM7 likes this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Keenan Allen WR California
    Eric Reid S LSU

Free Agent
    Ryan Clady OT Denver
    ManofGod likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Free Agent:
    Mike Wallace

Draft:
    Eric Reid S LSU
    Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
    ManofGod likes this.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Although, not a Wallace fan, I am on board with picking up a veteran WR. I think I'll defer to Av on the ND backer, but Mingo and Reid? Reunite with Brockers to provide some SEC punchyouindamouth…provided the Rams can have Two jerseys with Long on it of corse.
    laram0 likes this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Not hating the Jake Long pick up.
    ManofGod likes this.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Star Lotulelei DT Utah
    I've got to say, I don't really understand this one myself, and I see more than a few Rams fans talking Star up. I just don't see the Rams pushing Brockers or Langford out of the starting line-up so quickly after one season, and that's what another first round defensive tackle does, IMO.

As for my choices...

Free Agent: Louis Delmas (S, Detroit)
    -Delmas could be a contender for the franchise tag in Detroit, but he's had success under Schwartz, who coached under Fisher, so the transition may not be that large. He certainly fills an area of need, and at his age if he checks out healthy, could be a Ram for a while. Everyone the Rams are counting on now at the position - Mikell, Stewart, and Dahl - are holdovers from the Spags regime and really haven't done much to show that they're locked into their job. There's a reason the LSU safety is projected often to the Rams in mock drafts at this stage of the game.

Draft: Keenan Allen (WR, Cal) and Luke Joeckel (OT, Texas A&M)
    -It was tempting to go with a free agent receiver and add a veteran presence to a young group. I wouldn't be opposed to that, but I went this direction. The top receiver varies depending on whom you talk to, but I'm going with Allen at the moment. As for Joeckel, we need offensive line help, and the two guys projected to start for the Rams this season are not starting, due to injury and not being with the team anymore respectively. Unless Saffold blazes back to outstanding play this season, I think we have to at least investigate some alternatives.
    THOLTFAN81 and shower beers like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

JM7
    JM7 is offline Registered User

Free Agent: Jake Long (OT, Miami)

Draft: ​Eric Ried (S, LSU) and Keenan Allen (WR, Cal)

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Free agent- Greg Jennings would be a perfect pick up. Great overall receiver to help the core.

Draft- best oline man in draft

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Draft - Keenan Allen and the BOLA (one of the A&M guys, or one of the 'Bama guys)

FA - I want to say Jake Long, but I assume the fins will throw out all stops to bring him back. So I will go with the Texans' Duane Brown, as they are going to have to spend big dollars to keep Schaub in house.

But HUb, that's 2 OTs you've picked up there. Isn't that overkill?

Maybe we should ask our starting OTs, Wayne Hunter and Barry Richardson........you know, the OT dynamic duo. Or rather let's ask Sam Bradford who keeps getting up close and personal with opposing defenders.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I've got to say, I don't really understand this one myself, and I see more than a few Rams fans talking Star up. I just don't see the Rams pushing Brockers or Langford out of the starting line-up so quickly after one season, and that's what another first round defensive tackle does, IMO.

As for my choices...

Free Agent: Louis Delmas (S, Detroit)
    -Delmas could be a contender for the franchise tag in Detroit, but he's had success under Schwartz, who coached under Fisher, so the transition may not be that large. He certainly fills an area of need, and at his age if he checks out healthy, could be a Ram for a while. Everyone the Rams are counting on now at the position - Mikell, Stewart, and Dahl - are holdovers from the Spags regime and really haven't done much to show that they're locked into their job. There's a reason the LSU safety is projected often to the Rams in mock drafts at this stage of the game.

Draft: Keenan Allen (WR, Cal) and Luke Joeckel (OT, Texas A&M)
    -It was tempting to go with a free agent receiver and add a veteran presence to a young group. I wouldn't be opposed to that, but I went this direction. The top receiver varies depending on whom you talk to, but I'm going with Allen at the moment. As for Joeckel, we need offensive line help, and the two guys projected to start for the Rams this season are not starting, due to injury and not being with the team anymore respectively. Unless Saffold blazes back to outstanding play this season, I think we have to at least investigate some alternatives.
    First I like what you have done here Nick with your picks.

My thought process on the vet receiver gives us instant offense and gives Quick and Givens a mentor much like Cortland Finnegan is to Jenkins and Johnson.

On taking a DT, I'm taking page out of the Lions playbook. They draft Ndamukong Suh and followed that up with Nick Fairley. I'm not looking to replace Brokers or Langford. that being said Langford has not played very well to date. I would use Langford as a DT/DE, on running downs replace Quinn at times. Also it's about keeping the front four fresh and having depth.

We have to focus on winning the west, that means stopping Marshawn Lynch and Frank Gore.
    Last game we allowed 4.7 yards per rush and Marshawn Lynch went off for 118 yards on 20 carries.

Interesting stuff so far.

From what I've seen, I think the run defense will benefit more at this point from an influx of talent at the OLB and S spot (i.e. Te'o, Reid) than any of the DL positions.

I think the DL of Long/Brockers/Langford/Quinn will, in time, be more than adequate, and potentially dominant.

I'm not sold on Quinn vs the run and not sure he will learn to play it better. Not sure I want him too slow down at all. I would prefer getting more stout against the run with a rotation of DT's and using Quinn as a pure pass rusher. He is a liability as a four down DE right now.

LB's would be more productive with better D line play, JL is still getting handle by guards, the guards need to be handled by the DL and free the LB's to make more plays. IMO
    ManofGod likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I'm not sold on Quinn vs the run and not sure he will learn to play it better. Not sure I want him too slow down at all. I would prefer getting more stout against the run with a rotation of DT's and using Quinn as a pure pass rusher. He is a liability as a four down DE right now.
    He's young and improving, and his value as a pass rusher is too great to leave him on the sideline.

LB's would be more productive with better D line play, JL is still getting handle by guards, the guards need to be handled by the DL and free the LB's to make more plays. IMO
    And yet, he currently leads the NFL in solo tackles.

I'm a young GM and I have to fix this LOL,,,

He's leading in tackles because they are running at him.

This might be the week for Williams and the Cards' ground game because the Rams' run defense has been disappointing so far. The Rams rank 28th in run defense (135.3 yards per game) and were gouged for a season-worst 179 yards against Seattle on Sunday. Seahawks backs gained 108 yards on 14 carries running left at DE Robert Quinn and that side of the Rams' defensive line; they gained only 57 yards on 13 carries running up the middle or to their right. Certainly the Big Red took notice.
    ManofGod likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast