Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Pick three players in 2013

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Pick three players in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    OG - I think the Rams need an upgrade, but unless its a "Blue Chip" player, interior lineman generally are available on Day 2 of the draft.
    When it comes to blue chip prospects what do you think of Chance Warmack of alabama? He does something Ojinaka just doesnt know how to do and that is pick up blitz

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Provided that we can land a starting WR (Wallace or Bowe) and OT in free agency which is a serious possibility, I would love to draft both Te'o & Reid in the first round before addressing G in round 2. That my friends would be a wonderful off-season.
    This would be the best option imo. That way we get an immediate #1 receiver to go along with Amendola and our young guys who are developing.

Both Clady and Long are options at tackle. I'd rather sign Clady because he's younger and more of a long term solution.

the thing is if we draft Teo do we turn him back in to an outside linebacker or do we replace Laurinitis? He'd be an upgrade at either spot.

Reid I love if we have filled our tackle and receiver holes he would be one of my first choices.
    ManofGod likes this.

bigdogg2834 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    This would be the best option imo. That way we get an immediate #1 receiver to go along with Amendola and our young guys who are developing.

Both Clady and Long are options at tackle. I'd rather sign Clady because he's younger and more of a long term solution.

the thing is if we draft Teo do we turn him back in to an outside linebacker or do we replace Laurinitis? He'd be an upgrade at either spot.

Reid I love if we have filled our tackle and receiver holes he would be one of my first choices.
    He would start on the outside. Kinda hard to just replace a stud like Lauranaitis, especially after we signed him to a big contract. I imagine down the line he could take over, but not anytime soon. I have heard that Teo can play on the outside. I would love to have him, Lauranitis and Dunbar as our starters at linebacker.
    ManofGod likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think Te'o could play any of the 3 LB spots in a 4-3.

As for Clady... I worry a bit that he comes from a zone blocking scheme.
    ManofGod likes this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogg2834 View Post
    He would start on the outside. Kinda hard to just replace a stud like Lauranaitis, especially after we signed him to a big contract. I imagine down the line he could take over, but not anytime soon. I have heard that Teo can play on the outside. I would love to have him, Lauranitis and Dunbar as our starters at linebacker.
    I'm not so sure I'd called Laurinitis a stud. He's a solid player but lacks the athletic ability to ever be a star.

Either way Teo has the versatility to fill any of the three positions and be an impact player at any of them.

Also, Avenger, yeah I never even considered he played in a zone blocking scheme at Denver and even Boise runs a zone blocking scheme.

Honestly I'd be happy with signing one of Bowe, Jennings, Wallace(I'd prefer Wallace as he's the youngest and best deep threat).

If we can't get a tackle in free agency I would love to get Joeckel from A & M.
    ManofGod likes this.

bigdogg2834 is offline Registered User

I'm not so sure I'd called Laurinitis a stud. He's a solid player but lacks the athletic ability to ever be a star.

Either way Teo has the versatility to fill any of the three positions and be an impact player at any of them.

Also, Avenger, yeah I never even considered he played in a zone blocking scheme at Denver and even Boise runs a zone blocking scheme.

Honestly I'd be happy with signing one of Bowe, Jennings, Wallace(I'd prefer Wallace as he's the youngest and best deep threat).

If we can't get a tackle in free agency I would love to get Joeckel from A & M.
    Im not sure how you don't consider him a stud. The Rams sure think he is or he wouldn't have gotten that contract. The guy has been a borderline pro bowler the last couple years. If it wasn't for Patrick Willis, he would be. Nobody is taking the MLB spot from him anytime soon. You do know he leads the NFL in tackles this year right? I do however agree on the free agent receivers as well as Joeckel from A & M.
    Last edited by bigdogg2834; -10-08-2012 at 11:59 PM.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    When it comes to blue chip prospects what do you think of Chance Warmack of alabama? He does something Ojinaka just doesnt know how to do and that is pick up blitz
    Currently he is seen by many as the 2nd best OG in the draft after his teammate B. Jones. His draft status may depend on how he looks against LSU, if he puts on a stellar performance, he may sneak into the first round; of course if that happens we won't have a shot at him. My hope was the land him in the 2nd round perhaps via trade if necessary.

I agree with you in regards to both Clady & Reid (great minds think alike)

Now in regards to Laurinitis, I am a bit on the fence with this topic. I could say that he is not a dominant MLB when compared to a guy like R. Lewis or P. Willis, but...

A. those guys are simply special and...
    B. the Rams do not have the same caliber of DT's in front of him like those guys have.

At this juncture, I say move Te'o to WLB (due to Dunbar's surprising play at SLB), however I am not against having him man either OLB spot. This may surprise many of you, but I am also open to having "man" the middle and Laurnitis move to SLB (which I know is unlikely to happen, but he struggles in coverage at times.

Rambos is offline Registered User

B. the Rams do not have the same caliber of DT's in front of him like those guys have.
    And that's why adding another elite DT would raise the play of all of our LB's. JL is a very good LB but he can't get off of blocks at times. What he did against AZ Thursday, is what he could do every week behind a elite front four IMO.

One thing is for sure, we can see we will have a lot of options in the off-season with all the picks and the cap space. Don't forget to keep pulling for any team facing the Skins! (2-3)
    ManofGod likes this.

I like the idea of a guy like Te'o playing on the same side a Quinn. This would allow Quinn to try to penetrate on every play, knowing that a 255 lb. LB is sealing the edge behind him.

I like the idea of a guy like Te'o playing on the same side a Quinn. This would allow Quinn to try to penetrate on every play, knowing that a 255 lb. LB is sealing the edge behind him.
    I can see that, how high do you think he will go in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I'd say Top 15-20 picks.

And that's why adding another elite DT would raise the play of all of our LB's. JL is a very good LB but he can't get off of blocks at times. What he did against AZ Thursday, is what he could do every week behind a elite front four IMO.

One thing is for sure, we can see we will have a lot of options in the off-season with all the picks and the cap space. Don't forget to keep pulling for any team facing the Skins! (2-3)
    I agree, and as stated before I would love to have Star on the team, I'm just not sure that the front office will agree due to the other needs on the team.

*However, Reid continues to struggle this year, which is making many doubt that he was in fact as "special" as previously thought.
    Last edited by ManofGod; -10-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't see much point in going with a DL in Round 1. We have a very good and young group there. If we need depth, that can come in the later rounds.

Right now, I see the following areas of need (in no particular order):

WR - The Rams still could use a "difference maker" at the position. With two first round picks, I think there is a very substantial likelihood that the Rams will take a WR in Round 1.

OT - If the Rams are in the position to take a franchise LT, it would be hard to pass up. That said, if Saffold can come back and play well, and Hunter and/or Richardson continue to surprise, I don't know that this will be a first round priority.

TE - I keep hoping that Kendricks will get to the next level, but he's definitely not there yet. Not a first round need, but an upgrade could be necessary.

OG - I think the Rams need an upgrade, but unless its a "Blue Chip" player, interior lineman generally are available on Day 2 of the draft.

RB - If SJax leaves, I have little doubt that the Rams will take a RB. The question is... how early?

OLB - While I like what I see from Dunbar, I don't think there is any question that an upgrade is needed. I've also made it no secret that Manti Te'o is pretty much my favorite draft prospect for 2013. That kid has "it."

S - Eric Reid in a Rams uniform would be a huge upgrade over Stewart/Dahl, and would make our already top notch DB corps even more productive.
    Great list, I think you covered everything.

I'd say Top 15-20 picks.
    I think Av's right. If Kuechly is a Top Ten pick, then I don't think Te'o falls out of the Top 20 unless something drastic happens (poor play to finish season, poor offseason workouts, etc).
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

OK after watching games this Sat... I will go in a new direction.

Free agent
    Greg Jennings WR from Packers

Draft
    Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
    Eric Reid FS LSU

This could make our defense one of the best...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast