HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Pickett and the draft

Kemeatoua is off the market. If Pickett doesn't re-sign, our draft board may be rearranged. Without Pickett, are we forced to go with Ngata in the first round or trust the readiness of Kennedy?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: Pickett and the draft

I'd be just fine if we drafted Ngata. If Huff isn't available, there doesn't seem to be a LB worth the 11th pick. So if Ngata fell, I'd be OK choosing him.

Odds are we'll still turn around and draft Gabe Watson or something instead.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Reports are we have an attractive offer on the table for Ryan,I would not like a DT in the first round we have picked too many in the 1st already and that did'nt do much for us

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Man, how crazy would it be for the Rams to draft a fourth first-round DT in six years? Yikes. Kinda makes sense though if the Rams don't resign Pickett and don't feel like Kennedy is going to be the man beside Glover. Or if they want to ensure they have some depth who can come in when Glover starts showing his age, and eventually replace him.

If Ngata is there, maybe call Cleveland and see if they'd be willing to part with a fourth or fifth round pick to trade spots and ensure they get him. The threat of the Rams taking him is real, so I'm not sure the Browns wouldn't part with a second day pick just to make sure they have him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Yeah Nick it’s amazing how the draft pictures changes so quickly once free agency kicks in. I’m still not giving up on Kennedy just yet, but with out Pickett and D Lewis we will need to add someone.