View Poll Results: Do you think the Rams are interested in Plaxico Burress? Are you?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think the Rams are interested in Burress, and I'd love to see him on the team.

6 19.35%
  • I think the Rams are interested in Burress, but I don't want them to sign him.

4 12.90%
  • I think the Rams are not interested in Burress, but I'd love to see him on the team.

3 9.68%
  • I think the Rams are not interested in Burress, and neither am I.

18 58.06%
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Plaxico and the Rams... how do you feel?

With the lockout over and free agency just around the corner, the "Plaxico Burress to St. Louis" is only going to heat up. But it's not just coming from the media...

This is from 104.5 ESPN:

Plaxico Burress gave high praise to Rams quarterback Sam Bradford and discussed his admiration for head coach Steve Spagnuolo.

In a recent interview with “Sirius Blitz,” Plaxico Burress mentioned that potentially being a member of the St. Louis Rams is very appealing. He praised QB Sam Bradford by saying, “He has all the tools to be the next elite quarterback in this league. I know how difficult that position is to play, and I know how many high draft picks come into that position and fail. But it seems like he is on the right track.”

Burress then talked about his admiration for former New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who is now the Rams head coach. ”I have a lot of respect for coach Spagnulolo. We had a great relationship. When he was in New York, and I was playing on offense, and he was calling the plays, and I was always asking coach: ‘What do you got for me today?,’ just always trying to pick his brain and to see his defenses. He is a great football mind, he has surrounded himself with a great staff and he is getting all the right guys around that situation.”

Stay tuned. The NFL lockout will be lifted soon. Once that happens, we’ll finally be able to find out where Plaxico Burress ends up. It’ll be one of the more interesting storylines as the NFL season draws near.
    So with that in mind, do you think Plax is someone the Rams are interested in, and how would you feel about him joining the team? Or do you think they'll shy away and pursue other personnel?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Plaxico and the Rams... how do you feel?

I think the Rams should avoid any free agent who is unlikely to be around for three years.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I wouldn't mind bringing him in if its on the cheap. Might as well add some competition and with us having 90 man rosters we could use the extra bodies at WR in case we have any injuries.

He has a lot to prove to people and he could be another veteran along with Clayton to help mentor Pettis and Salas.

All I know is DeSpags will do what is best for the Rams. Spags should know him pretty good I would think.

In DeSpags we trust

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I don't see the Rams having any interest in Burress. He hasn't played since 2008 and Spags witnessed first hand in NY Burress threaten the team, sit out practices, disappear, and ultimately be suspended for violating numerous team rules. Me first doesn't fit pillar 4.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

WoW sounds like Plax is really trying to kiss some major booty! Trying to throw alot a big "PICK ME" our way...

JustinPoole is offline Registered User

No thanks.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think the RAMS are interested in Plaxico but I wish they were. He would definitely be an asset to our team. Also, after the mess he's been in I'm betting he will be walking the straight and narrow from here on in.

GO RAMS!!!

DHawkins is offline Registered User

Per twitter

"@ZBerm Free agent Plaxico Burress drawing interest from Texans, Bears and Rams"

Free agent Plaxico Burress drawing interest from Texans, Bears and Rams
    Published: Tuesday, July 26, 2011, 4:12 PM Updated: Tuesday, July 26, 2011, 4:19 PM
    By Mike Garafolo
    The Star-Ledger

If you followed the Plaxico Burress media tour the past month, you know what teams were interested in him and which teams interested him: all of 'em - even the Giants.

But taking the temperature early on in the process here, three teams have kind of bubbled to the surface: the Texans, Bears and Rams. That list is according to someone who has remained in contact with Burress about his free-agent plans. The person requested anonymity because negotiations are ongoing.

But, but, but what about the Eagles, you ask? Wasn't he wearing a Phillies cap coming out of prison? Aren't he and Michael Vick tight?

Well, I sniffed around my old stomping grounds down the Turnpike and got this reply from a reliable source: "No talk of him here."

So there's that.

As for the Jets, indications are, and have always been, it's about Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes first and foremost. If one or either of those players gets away, perhaps they could turn up the heat for Burress.

This situation will be interesting to watch. Everything appears to be sluggish on the free-agent market this afternoon (FOXSports.com's Adam Caplan and NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora both reported on Twitter teams are sort of feeling out the new rules and the marketplace), so this could take a few days to fully pan out.

But watch those three teams I mentioned and see where they place in this race. Joining Andre Johnson in Houston, becoming a much-needed target in Chicago and reuniting with Steve Spagnuolo in St. Louis all must be appealing to Burress right now.

DHawkins is offline Registered User

Tony Softli

Several sources say St. louis Rams are extremely interested and moving quickly on two unrestricted FA in Plaxico Burress and Reggie Bush. My feelings are they are high on the Rams list, for Bush there is a strong chance the New Orleans will figure out a way to keep a play maker that is 40% of there production (offense/special teams) if so the Rams will lean towards Darren Sproales. Plaxico is a good fit despite history of incarceration, suspension on two prior culbs , but Red zone production along with size, length and ability to catch outside his frame makes him extremely attractive, but Sidney Rice tops my list of receivers, then Braylon Edwards. The best thing for Rams Fans is they are extremely active in their pursuit to build a champion foundation.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

It took mike Vick a year to be mike Vick again and he is couple years younger. I doubt Plaxico will be able to be pre jail plaxico at 35. I'll pass and take my chances on DX's knees instead

Adam Caplan on Twitter...
    And no, I have not heard a thing on Burress in a while coming to Philly or the Rams. Sounds like he's going elsewhere.
    3 minutes ago

kman is offline Registered User

not happening...looks like ginats or steelers...which is quite surprising..