Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Players I would draft

Rambos is offline Registered User

Players I would draft

Players on my board and the round I would consider taking them. I selected my top four players and what I consider the top four positions of need.

Offensive Line

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 317. Arm: 34.8.
    40 Time: 5.49.
    Projected Round (2013): 1.

Jonathan Cooper, G/C, North Carolina
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 311. Arm: 33.08.
    40 Time: 5.07.

D.J. Fluker, OT/G, Alabama
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 339. Arm: 36 3/8. Hand: 10 1/4.
    40 Time: 5.31.

Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 332. Arm: 31 78. Hand: 9 5/8.
    40 Time: 5.58.
    Projected Round (2013): 2.

Wide Receiver

Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    Height: 5-9. Weight: 174. Arm: 30.08. Hand: 9.18.
    40 Time: 4.35.

Keenan Allen, WR, California
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 206. Arm: 32.68 Hand: 10.08.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.49.

DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 214. Arm: 33.38. Hand: 10.08.
    40 Time: 4.57.
    Projected Round (2014): 2.

Da'Rick Rogers
    , WR, Tennessee Tech
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 217. Arm: 32.68. Hand: 9.48.
    40 Time: 4.52.
    Projected Round (2013): 4.

Outside Linebacker

Khaseem Greene, OLB/S, Rutgers
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 241. Arm: 31 7/8. Hand: 9 1/2.
    40 Time: 4.71.

Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 250. Arm: 33 3/8. Hand 9 7/8
    40 Time: 4.64.

Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 243. Arm: 32.08
    40 Time: 4.78.

Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 243. Arm: 32.28.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
    Projected Round (2013): 5.

Safety

Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 215.
    40 Time: 4.63.

Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 209. Arm: 30 1/2. Hand: 10 1/8.
    40 Time: 4.56.

Eric Reid, S, LSU
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 212.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.53.

Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 208. Arm: 30 1/4. Hand: 9 1/4.
    40 Time: 4.65.
    Projected Round (2013): 3.

If the players came off the board and the players I have listed are available here are the picks I would make.

RD 1 Chance Warmack
    RD 1 Tavon Austin
    RD 2 Khaseem Greene
    RD 3 Phillip Thomas
    RD 4 Da'Rick Rogers
    RD 5 Jelani Jenkins
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-03-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    RealRam, Nick and Randart like this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Players I would draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    If the players came off the board and the players I have listed are available here are the picks I would make.

RD 1 Chance Warmack
    RD 1 Tavon Austin
    RD 2 Khaseem Greene
    RD 3 Phillip Thomas
    RD 4 Da'Rick Rogers
    RD 5 Jelani Jenkins
    I really like that projection!
    Rambos likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Nice selections for sure!

My only change (tentative of course) would be on WR Austin -- replaced by...

Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 205. Arm: 31.375. Hand: 8.5.
    40 Time: 4.37.

I'm hoping Swope will clear his medical (concussions) and be a Rams candidate to grow into an Amendola.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I have to say that I think you underrate the Wide Receivers that you're targeting. That's not to say I don't like them, but they'll go sooner than your round rating suggests.

I think that Allen, unless something huge medically comes out, will be going to the Vikings at the latest(2 picks, no starting worthy WR's... easy choice).

Also, I'd put Rogders in the 2nd to 3rd round category. There's a fair deal of receiving talent in that 2nd day crop, and he's squarely in the middle of it. He'll probably go around our 3rd round pick at the latest. I'd think that the offensively challenged teams above us whom skip out in the 1st and 2nd rounds for WR's would be going for him in the early 3rd.
    I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I have to say that I think you underrate the Wide Receivers that you're targeting. That's not to say I don't like them, but they'll go sooner than your round rating suggests.
    The round projection is not where I think the player will go, it's more where I would take the player. Let me say it this way, Austin would be the only receiver I think the Rams should spend a 1st round pick on. Not sure if that makes sense. With so many receivers clustered in this draft at kind of the same talent level, I think the Rams can get a good one without reaching for one too early.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Ok, I looked more at your Projected Round rather than your initial paragraph, I guess.

Personally, even as against the 1st round WR as I am, I'd spend our #22 pick on Allen or Austin, and if all of the Offensive linemen are gone at #16, I'd take a hard look at Patterson.

Hopkins I certainly wouldn't take before our 2nd round pick, but Rodgers seems much higher rated than your 4th rounder... any reason for why you wouldn't take him higher?

The rest of your list looks pretty good... of course there's some higher rated linebackers than that, though I agree that it's more of a 2nd-5th round kind of need.
    I believe!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post

I'm hoping Swope will clear his medical (concussions) and be a Rams candidate to grow into an Amendola.
    I like Swope RealRam, but certainly not ahead of Austin, nor in the 1st round. If we fail to draft Austin, I wouldn't mind Swope in the 3rd or 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Hopkins I certainly wouldn't take before our 2nd round pick, but Rodgers seems much higher rated than your 4th rounder... any reason for why you wouldn't take him higher?
    Rogers would be a value pick in the fourth, he does have some character issues, he failed three drug test. I compare him to what we did with Givens last year. Givens would have had a second round grade if he did not have issues.

Again Rogers could be gone in the third, he has second round talent. Not sure I would spend a third on a players the has risk with off field issues. If he's sitting there in the fourth I take him.

Randart is offline Registered User

Nicely done Rambos, of course we all have our faves... for me it is Fluker in case we need that extra tackle depth and he can always maul them up at G if needed. I would take Patterson over Austin but that is me. And like some I really like Eric Reid as my fave safety. Also in 4th and 5th might be able to find Jon Franklin or the Honey Badger there for more depth, at RB & S/CB/KR etc. So excited to see what our Brain Trust does with this draft and all these great propects!

richtree is offline Registered User

You can't go wrong (mostly) with good players all in round 1 targets....I think this draft and most drafts are won from round 2-5

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post

This has nothing to do with thread, but I cannot see Ryan Swope's name without thinking Putney. Some of the older boys in the clan will know whom I'm talking about.

Good list Rambos, I would add Robert Woods at WR and DJ Swearinger at Safety.

Go Rams!

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Where's the love for Elam? I like him better then any Safeties you have listed...

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Where's the love for Elam? I like him better then any Safeties you have listed...
    I like Elam a lot I see him as more of a box safety. I prefer a taller FS to match up with the TE and bigger receivers. I think we should be able to get a quality starter into the third round. Elam is a big hitter if they took him I would not have a problem with it at all.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Thought about this later, but at OLB you list Jamie Collins whom I'm reading is better suited for the 3-4. I would add Zavier Gooden as well at OLB particularly since most of your OLB's are in the mid-round range.

You also don't list any RB's and with the departure of SJax I feel that we're likely to take a RB at some point. It may not be early, but some mid-rounders whom I would like to see us add would be Le'Veon Bell or Mike Gillislee. Who knows Eddie Lacy was in for a visit, so it be sooner than we think. Still think you've got the best players on your list. Just noticed, Keenan Allen round 2, you're not expecting a good workout next week.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Thought about this later, but at OLB you list Jamie Collins whom I'm reading is better suited for the 3-4. I would add Zavier Gooden as well at OLB particularly since most of your OLB's are in the mid-round range.

You also don't list any RB's and with the departure of SJax I feel that we're likely to take a RB at some point. It may not be early, but some mid-rounders whom I would like to see us add would be Le'Veon Bell or Mike Gillislee. Who knows Eddie Lacy was in for a visit, so it be sooner than we think. Still think you've got the best players on your list. Just noticed, Keenan Allen round 2, you're not expecting a good workout next week.

Go Rams!
    I know Mike Mayock has him listed as a 3-4 backer, NFLDraftScout.com compares him to K.J. Wright, OLB, Seattle Seahawks.

COMPARES TO: K.J. Wright, OLB, Seattle Seahawks - Like Wright, Collins possesses a unique combination of speed, fluidity and flexibility for his size. However, when Wright came out of Mississippi State, he displayed better all-around instincts and motor than what we've seen out of Collins, who is probably the more gifted athlete. Right now, Collins looks like a developmental project with starting-caliber potential if the fundamentals and instincts can improve.

--Derek Stephens

K.J. Wright, OLB, Seattle Seahawks
    As a fourth-round rookie in 2011, he did a nice job of replacing veteran Aaron Curry at OLB, and he finished with 65 tackles and eight tackles for loss. He is good versus the run, a physical player and wrap-up tackler, and he has good instincts. He identifies the play quickly, and he is better in pass coverage than you might think. He has the skill set to move to MLB in this 4-3 defense if the Seahawks don't get more comfortable with their personnel at that position. At strongside LB, he lines up a lot next to sack artist DE Chris Clemons (11 sacks in 2011), forming a tough duo to block for an offensive line.

As far as not having RBs on my board. I'm not against taking a back if that is what we end up doing. That said we spent a second round pick last year on Pead. D Rich played very well for the most part, they did not use him as much down the stretch, I think he had more in the tank.

If we are going running back by committee, not sure I would spend a first round pick on a part time player. Using a mid round pick would not be a bad idea, for me that would be after the fourth round. I don't see a RB as one of the higher needs in this draft. That said next year it may be number one. But at least we got to kick the tires on all three of the backs on the roster first. Ganaway rushed for 1,547 yards with 21 touchdowns his senior year.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-05-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast