kman is offline Registered User

Angry Please draft a DT!!!

I know DE's and LB's might be a sexier pick but we really need a big DT to stuff the run..it all starts there..I think Okoye would be great pick but im concerned he might take a few years to develop..might be greedy saying this, but i want immediate results, b/c i think the rams are a player or 2 away from making some big noise this year..i doubt branch will be available, but a guy like that is what im looking for..perhaps we should make a trade for one..if we could just stop the run a lil better, i really thik the sky's the limit with this team..hall is a nice additon on De, but he is undersized and im just sick of this undersized but quick defense mentality..we've been doing it for 7 yers and witht he exception of '01 with lovie it rarley worked..get me a 340 lb bruiser in the middle already!!! kennedy doesnt have the animal instinct required..has physical tools but not nasty enough..

Country is offline Registered User

Re: Please draft a DT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    I know DE's and LB's might be a sexier pick but we really need a big DT to stuff the run..it all starts there..I think Okoye would be great pick but im concerned he might take a few years to develop..might be greedy saying this, but i want immediate results, b/c i think the rams are a player or 2 away from making some big noise this year..i doubt branch will be available, but a guy like that is what im looking for..perhaps we should make a trade for one..if we could just stop the run a lil better, i really thik the sky's the limit with this team..hall is a nice additon on De, but he is undersized and im just sick of this undersized but quick defense mentality..we've been doing it for 7 yers and witht he exception of '01 with lovie it rarley worked..get me a 340 lb bruiser in the middle already!!! kennedy doesnt have the animal instinct required..has physical tools but not nasty enough..
    If Branch or Okoye are not there then you can't go chasing a DT to the bottom of the 1st round.

kman is offline Registered User

i agree...i think that at least one of them will be there at 13 though..i really wouldnt mind trading for one to be honest..a proven one, maybe we can throw butler and a draftpick in there for a solid DT..

chiguy is offline Registered User

Our pass rush isn't so good that you can't say DE isn't an area of need too, especially with Little getting old. Hall is a nice start, but its just a beginning -- there was no pash rush outside of Little and our DE's need to do better against the run too.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    I agree and feel like DE is in better shape then our DT positions. I could live with the combo of Hall and Adeyanju the next two years. Hall can provide a good pass rush opposite Little and Adeyanju seems like he might help in the running situations. DE is not ideal and yes we need a replacement answer for when Little hangs it up. But right now we have an excellent offense and we don't have one DT that I would consider a decent starter. I would consider Little and Hall decent they have both done well in this league. As for the LB's Pisa, and Spoon are good and Draft maybe somewhat undersized but he had over 100 tackles in the middle last year. He proved he could be a decent starter at least. I am not sold on Chillar but I think all our LBs would look a lot better if we had at least 1 DT starter. I also would be willing to trade a draft pick for a solid DT because I think we need to make a run in the next two years. Like you said Pickett took more then two years to develop, the nutcracker Lewis never did develop, and Kennedy has yet to show he can be a solid DT all three where 1st round picks. Lets just hope some team is willing to part with a solid DT for an area of need elsewhere on their team come draft day. You never know there maybe some team in need of a LB, CB or skill position but our need has been the same for years DT, DT, DT. Who is the last monster we have had at DT?
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-07-2007 at 09:11 AM.

z.nrd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Who is the last monster we have had at DT?
    I don't know about "monster" but I can say who the last 2 good ones were...and the examples are illustrative.

It was Farr and Agnew, 98-99.

Both consummate pros with great technique who led a defense that was actually very good against the run (measured by avg. yards per carry---3.52 YPC, 6th in the league, with 4 rushing TDs allowed all season, first in the league).

And they weren't no big ole hawg mollie jabbas, neither.

Farr = 6'1", 270

Agnew = 6'3", 285

Last edited by z.nrd; -04-09-2007 at 01:25 AM. Reason: forgot something

RealRam is online now Registered User

Jimmy Kennedy, 6-4, 325.