punahou is offline Registered User

Please--MLB 1st round: lots of OTs out there

heres a link to a good draft publication

Draft Countdown - 2009 NFL Mock Draft

Ive been reading here that many want the Alabama tackle... yet I have voiced concern for a a while nwo that the Rams need inside def help.

Most of us spout that Witherspoon should be moved back outside, and if the Rams get a true MLB, it would dramatically boost their defense.

Curry/ Maulaugna/Cushing is where we should head, then take one of the other OT.

I dont want to seem mean-spirited, but when I see lineman that display dough-boy characteristics like Smith, my 1st thought is that these guys metamorphisize frim dough-boy to michelin tire man after they get their contracts.

Look at Smith's pics

face is padded with excess adipose tissue, and that pic of him in action shows no muscle tone at all. It looks as if this guy is getting in college due to

Sabans system
    sheer mass in the collegiate level, which doenst translate well to the pros
    Sabans skill position talent he brought in.

I cant wait to see Smith's combine stats. Whos knows, maybe Im wrong about him, but one thing for sure is that the Rams need alot of talent, and the LB corps really needs to be addressed.

We have the DL imo, now fill out that 7man box.

I know some of you dont beleive that Defense wins games.... but it does. This year is proof of that, and the Giiants of 2007 are as well.

We can have an average offense and a stellar defense and go far. However, when do we see stellar offenses with a poor defense do anything? ( we had pretty good defenses when we were competative)
    Last edited by punahou; -01-16-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Please--MLB 1st round: lots of OTs out there

MLB is not a top five position. There hasn't been a MLB drafted in the top five in the last decade at least, let alone with the second overall pick. And like it or not, as long as there isn't a rookie cap in place to keep these contracts in check, then money is going to play a role in whom we draft.

IMO, the Rams don't take a MLB in the first round unless they orchestrate a trade down on draft day. Which is pretty unlikely.

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

Patrick willis was defintly good enough for a top five pick. I really like aaron curry this year n maybe we could trade down a couple of spots to get him while we get a couple of picks.He is 250 and probably runs a 4.6 possibly 4.5. I'd like to see him and spoon flyin around.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SJacks039 View Post
    Patrick willis was defintly good enough for a top five pick.
    Yet he wasn't even in the top ten. Again, that speaks to the lack of value a MLB has in the top five.

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

Again if we could trade down and snag either curry or mauluga and get some picks it would be right. I agree with you about the lb's. I would really like to see some movement in this draft to get some extra picks and see if we can bring in real talent instead of linehan, shaw, zygmut talent.

I also agree with pun about andre smith though. He's very big and was burnt badly against florida. Unless the scouts are impressed by his work ethic, i dont want him.

shower beers is offline Registered User

MLB is a position we can definitely address in the later rounds, as history has proved. We have to take the top 5 picks when we can get them. Franchise!!!!

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree with your opinion of not wanting a big O lineman. I'm tired of seeing the Rams get pushed around, I want to see some big uglies paving the way for S Jax. Now I do see your point, I don't want lazy guys, but nothing I have read or seen suggest Andre is lazy, just a little hefty. Definitely something that needs to be checked out.

Oh yeah and don't worry about getting shot down about the MLB thing, I got equally shot down by suggesting that we should draft a SS. Nick is such a meanie - who knows what he's talking about, we definitely have to go o line.