Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

*PLEASE READ* Official Draft Weekend ClanRam Forum/Chatroom Rules

It's less than 24 hours before the start of this shin-dig we call the NFL Draft. There's been a lot of interest in the draft in the months leading up to the event, and I don't think I'd be going out on a limb if I said we'll have a lot of traffic and topics to discuss this weekend as the draft occurs. But to maintain some sort of order this weekend, we're going to put a few NFL Draft rules in place.

1) Live draft discussion will be restricted to the ClanRam Chat Room. What does that mean? That means if you're watching or listening to the draft and want to talk about what's going on as it happens, come to the chat room. Don't start a new thread to announce that Oakland has indeed taken JaMarcus Russell and ask what everyone thinks. You'll know what everyone thinks if you log into the chat. Creating new threads, however, pushes other threads further back in the forum page count, and serves no real purpose since the chat room will be the hot spot anyways.

2) For each selection made by the Rams, a MODERATOR will start a new thread announcing the selection in the Draft forum. Once a moderator has started a thread announcing a Rams pick, discussion can take place in that thread regarding the player selected. This is to centralize all discussion on the prospect that has been selected, so we don't have 3-4 threads all talking about the same thing. Sort of the same deal as rule #1; we don't want the forum to get overcrowded with repetitive topics already being discussed somewhere.

3) Be on your best behavior in the chat room. That means if the Rams draft someone you didn't want them to select, don't overreact. Don't curse like a sailor. Don't talk about how this draft will rank as one of the worst for the team. If you and another person disagree about what the Rams should have done or about a particular prospect, be civil about it. Agree to disagree if you have to. This is going to be a busy day for everyone, and it doesn't need to be complicated by immaturity or arguments. This will be strictly enforced. You will receive one warning, and if the behavior continues, you can vent your draft anger somewhere else for the rest of the day.

In the end, let's all get together and enjoy a great draft weekend! I hope to see many of you in the chat room ready to talk rookie prospects and prognostications. :l

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: *PLEASE READ* Official Draft Weekend ClanRam Forum/Chatroom Rules

Sounds good. Now post your draft, slacker.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Sounds good. Now post your draft, slacker.
    Amen to that! I am eagerly awaiting Nick's mock, so I can predict the draft to my friends and act like I really know something, lol. Seriously, I am eager to see it, as I know it will be more accurate than Kiper's even.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Thanks guys, working on it now. In the middle of round two. Things got a bit shaken up earlier today so I had to regroup with some picks.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thanks for the rules reminder Nick. I won't be able to participate in the Draft Chatroom but always appreciate the Clan's and Moderator's effort to keep order and civility, to make it amiable*.

*.- All things considered, that is!