Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Barry Waller

Thread: Positive Quarterback News Helps Rams at #13 More Than #2

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Positive Quarterback News Helps Rams at #13 More Than #2

While these top passers are looking to be worthy of first round status, none appear to be the kind a team would trade a lot to move up to get. I don't see that happening for anything like a second round pick this year.

However, the rise of even two quarterbacks to at least a top 12 selection could be a huge deal for the Rams, based on my own draft board, pretty set now as to the top 12-15.

The way I see it, these 8 guys will be surely gone by 13, based on ranking and also teams needing just what they offer in the top 12:

1. Clowney DE
    2. Mack LB
    3. Robinson T
    4. Watkins WR
    5. Matthews T
    6. Lewan T
    7. Evans WR
    8. Barr LB

Almost a surity to also be off the board is :
    9. Ebron TE

So how would getting TWO quarterbacks into that top 12 affect Les Snead's plan?

If those two QB are #10 and #11 on my list here, it means that either LB CJ Mosely or CB Justin Gilbert, the last two guys I have in my remaining top non QB tier WILL be available at #13.

In my estimation, there is a gap between those two defenders, who surely would be a good fit for the Rams, and the next group of players the Rams would take.

I have little doubt that the remaining QB if only two go top 12, and one or even both of those two defensive players still there at #13 will make for a bunch of trade offers to get them.

If three QBs go top 12, then it is quite likely that BOTH Mosely and Gilbert will be on the board for Snead and Fisher to choose from. Mosely the surere bet to be a very good player, Gilbert the bigger need at a more impostant position.

With no QBs in the top 12, or even just one, BOTH Mosely and Gilbert will surely be gone by pick #13. The Rams still get a good player, but a trade down surely becomes more likely, to a team looking QB.

It's all good for the Rams it seems, and I am not one to wear the Rose colored glasses all the time about the team I really want to win badly.

It just seems like every scenario ends up good for the Rams in some way, either at pick 2 or pick 13.
    Randart likes this.

Barry Waller

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Positive Quarterback News Helps Rams at #13 More Than #2

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    It just seems like every scenario ends up good for the Rams in some way, either at pick 2 or pick 13.
    I agree with that statement completely.

The Rams really can't go wrong with their first two selections. Some may quibble over what the best options might be, but there is no question in my mind that there will be extremely good prospects available at both spots.

Randart is offline Registered User

Re: Positive Quarterback News Helps Rams at #13 More Than #2

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I agree with that statement completely.

The Rams really can't go wrong with their first two selections. Some may quibble over what the best options might be, but there is no question in my mind that there will be extremely good prospects available at both spots.
    And with the value of those prospects highly desirable the offers for them should be a nice haul as well.
    Especially if two or more teams start bidding for them! That is when the real fun begins for Les and the boys! LOL