Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fleet69 Guest

Possible Trade for 1st Rounder

Don't like this one, but was posted on CBS

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/NYG/8259633

No way should we give up a #1 for what they're offering.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Possible Trade for 1st Rounder

Giants get: #19
    Rams get: Will Allen & #43

Looks kind of weak to me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Right now, don't take it. On draft day, maybe that and a day two pick if Jammal Brown is gone. Maybe.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

psycho9985 Guest

That would be pretty stupid.I'm sure better deals will come up on draft day.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't like that deal.

theodus69 Guest

You sure Bernie didn't come up with that! :tongue:

Scidog68 Guest

Thumbs down Re: Possible Trade for 1st Rounder

NO. No,nononono. Allen & #43 for #19? Um.............no.

Scidog68 Guest

Even if J. Brown is gone, no. As was said earlier, better deals will circulate on draft day. Are Allen's stats from last year that much better than what ours put up? No, as I recall. FA isn't over.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

I agree that this deal for Will Allen is bad; but what if the G-Men substitute Shaun Williams in place of W. Allen? Now that's a deal I could go for!!

WAHT SAY YE?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

I agree that this deal for Will Allen is bad; but what if the G-Men substitute Shaun Williams in place of W. Allen? Now that's a deal I could go for!!

WHAT SAY YE?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd turn down any offer that didn't include Chris Snee.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramhard is offline Registered User

Can't trade son-in-law/Williams' knee problems

Tommie C. can't trade Snee, he's his son-in-law!!!!!!!

Plus hasn't Shaun Williams had two serious knee operations, one that kept him out all last year.. plus I think he's a SS.
    Last edited by ramhard; -03-07-2005 at 10:32 PM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

NO NO NO!!! We can get some quality free agent veteran corners and shop for better deals on draft day. I wish we could have landed Rolle but from the looks of his contract there was no way. 6yrs 30 million with an 11 mil signing bonus and he gets 12 mil the first year ouch!

GO RAMS RE-TOOL FOR 05 :ramlogo:

general counsel Guest

I believe will allen has only one year to go on his contract. On that basis alone i dont see the upside on this deal. Now, if you are talking about woody allen, soon yi and a #3 we might have something to discuss.

general counsel

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't know guys. This guy sounds pretty good to me.

From the Giants site:

NFL: Stepped into the lineup as the starting left cornerback in the 2nd game of his rookie season and has been there ever since…Solid, steady cover corner who is also a sure tackler against the run…The Giants traded up 8 spots in the 2001 draft (Giants traded their 1st-round pick [No. 30], a 3rd-round pick [No. 91] and a 6th-round pick [No. 193] for Indianapolis’ 1st-round pick [No. 22]) for the opportunity to select Allen.

2003: Started all 12 games in which he played at left cornerback…Placed on injured reserve on 12/2 after suffering a mid-foot sprain vs. Buffalo (11/30), an that required surgery and forced him to miss the season’s final 4 games…Finished season with 45 tackles (38 solo) and tied for a team-high 2 interceptions…Recorded a career-high and team-high 14 passes defensed…Also had two special teams tackles and a fumble recovery…At Tampa Bay (11/24), finished with 6 tackles (4 solo), 1 pass defensed and a fumble recovery. Recovered a second-quarter fumble by Keenan McCardell that was forced by Johnnie Harris. Broke up a Brad Johnson pass to McCardell in the first quarter…Had 5 solo tackles and 1 pass defensed at Philadelphia (11/16)…Recorded 4 solo tackles and 1 pass defensed vs. Atlanta (11/9)…At NY Jets (11/2), finished with 3 tackles (2 solo), 2 passes defensed and a blocked Brien’s 51-yard field goal attempt in overtime…Covered Randy Moss the entire game at Minnesota (10/26) and limited him to 2 receptions for 4 yards in the second half. Finished with 3 solo tackles and a pass defensed, including a breakup of a deep Daunte Culpepper pass to Moss in the first quarter…Had 2 solo tackles, 1 interception and 2 passes defensed vs. Philadelphia (10/19). Recorded his second interception of the season when he picked off a Donovan McNabb attempt to James Trash in the second quarter. Giants' secondary held McNabb to just 9 completions on 23 attempts for 64 yards and 29.1 rating… Finished with 4 solo tackles, 1 interception and 3 passed defensed at Washingtion (9/21). Recorded his first interception of the season when he picked off a Patrick Ramsey pass intended for Laveranues Coles down the sideline in the third quarter…Had 5 solo tackles and 1 pass defensed vs. Dallas (9/15)…Opened the season vs. St. Louis (9/7) with 7 tackles (4 solo) and 1 pass defensed.

2002: Started all 15 games in which he played at left cornerback, as well as NFC Wild Card game in San Francisco…Inactive for game at Washington (12/8) due to shoulder injury…Had a career-high 59 tackles (50 solo), 1 interception and 11 passes defensed. Helped the secondary shut down top wide receivers like Terrell Owens, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt and David Boston…Contributed 5 solo tackles in postseason game vs. ***** (1/5)…Finished with 3 tackles (2 solo) and helped limit starting Daunte Culpepper to 9 completions on 20 attempts for 91 yards at Minnesota (11/10)… Opened season vs. San Francisco (9/5) with 5 tackles (3 solo), 1 interception and 1 pass defensed. Intercepted Jeff Garcia early in the second quarter on a deep pass attempt to Terrell Owens.

2001: Played in 13 games with 12 starts…The 12 starts were the most by a Giants 1st-round draft choice in his rookie season since Lawrence Taylor started 16 games in 1981…Had a team-high 4 interceptions to become the 1st rookie to lead the Giants since Sheldon White did in 1988, also with 4 interceptions…Was 2nd on the team with 13 passes defensed…Finished the season with 42 tackles (38 solo), 3 special teams tackles (all solo) and a fumble recovery…Did not play in the season finale vs. Green Bay (1/6) due to heel injury…Finished with 5 solo tackles, 1 interception and 4 passes defensed at Philadelphia (12/30). Recorded his 4th interception of the season in the second quarter when he picked off a Donovan McNabb attempt for James Thrash…Finished with 5 tackles (4 solo) and career-high 2 interceptions at Minnesota (11/19). Intercepted a Daunte Culpepper attempt to Jake Reed late in the 2nd quarter and returned it 17 yards. Picked off Culpepper a 2nd time on an attempt to Randy Moss in the end zone in the 3rd quarter and returned it 12 yards…Had 2 tackles, 1 interception and a pass defensed at Arizona (11/11). Recorded his first career interception on the Cardinals’ final drive of the game when he picked off Jake Plummer’s pass for David Boston…Inactive due to ankle injury at Washington (10/28) and vs. Philadelphia (10/22)…Suffered ankle injury at St. Louis (10/14), where he had 4 solo tackles before leaving game in the third period…Had 2 tackles (1 solo), 2 passes defensed and a fumble recovery, plus a special teams tackle, vs. Washington (10/7). Also recovered a fumble forced by Mike Barrow in the 2nd quarter…Had 1st career start at Kansas City (12/23) and finished with 4 solo tackles and 2 passes defensed…Played 1st NFL game at Denver (9/10). After seeing early action on special teams, he replaced Dave Thomas at left cornerback in the second half and finished with 2 solo tackles, 1 pass defensed and 1 special teams tackle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast