Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Post Combine Mock

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Post Combine Mock

Post Combine Mock-laneeee.jpg

1 - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma: I really like Johnson. He projects as an LT. Johnson is more raw than you'd like, but he has done nothing but improve as the time went on. During the season, each and every game he improved, and by years end he was an excellent player. He has amazing athleticism (played TE and QB a few years ago). His raw skill set is something I am sure Boudreau will love to play with. He allows us to move Saffold to RT. Imagine how happy Sam will be?

Post Combine Mock-deandre_hopkins_08232012.jpg

1 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson: Hopkins is my top WR in this draft. He only runs a 4.5, but he isn't a burner anyways. He was outside of Terrance Williams, the best deep threat out of this class. He has amazing hands and is a very effective route runner. Also a good character, Hopkins rounds off our new and improved WR core.

Post Combine Mock-khaseeemm.jpg

2 - Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers: Khaseem Greene is one of the top OLB's in this draft. He was a converted S, so you know you're getting a guy who is athletic. He ran a 4.7 40 at the combine. He is a sideline to sideline kind of guy. Very effective at covering TE's and HB's as well as a zone defender. Greene is a guy that would be an amazing addition to our already 2 solid LB's.

Post Combine Mock-davvee.jpg

3 - David Amerson, FS, NC State: Amerson got torched this year, to put it kindly. He is huge at 6'2 and actually just ran an un-official 4.31 and 4.37 40 yard dash. He is an absolute ballhawk registering 12 INT's in 2012 and 5 INT's in 2013. Some teams will view him as a CB, and others as an FS. Tackling isn't his strong suit, but in today's NFL it is a lot easier finding a in the box good tackling SS (Mikell) than a true centrefielder. Amerson has great range and I think would make an all pro at FS. He and Mikell are great compliments for each other.

Post Combine Mock-christine-michael-texas-v-alabama-lua5geeohs9l.jpg

4 - Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M: Michael is a BEAST. Had he been fully healthy and not in the doghouse, I guarantee you he'd be in contention for being the #1 HB drafted. Michael is a frickin tough runner. He has one of the best spin moves I've ever seen. He repped 225 27 times, and jumped a 43 inch vert (highest ever for an RB). He has a lower centre of gravity and is impossible to tackle on first attempt. Powerful legs and drive, and great vision. He has a few red flags. Michael is going to a be an animal in the NFL.

5 - Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas: Gragg is a former WR. He ran a 4.5 40. He is only 6'3, but he is more of a receiver. He is a pretty good route runner, but has a lot of space to improve. I think he can make an excellent receiving weapon opposite of Kendricks. He gets tough YAC, and creates consistent separation. Gragg could be a steal at this point.

6 - Cornelius Washington, DE, Georgia: I've wanted Washington since the senior bowl, and that will definitely not change after his combine. He is 6'4, 270 lbs, and ran a 4.55 40. Also had 36 reps, and 39" vert. He is a powerful guy. Loves to bull rush, and it can be very effective at times. I like a developmental guy like Washington at this point. He would certainly make a great rotational guy at this point.

7 - David Quessenberry, OG, San Jose State: Quessenberry had a great senior bowl week. He was stonewalling guys in the 1v1 drills. He looks to be an effective pass blocker. Definitely a guy to work with at this point. Maybe we don't even need another developmental G at this point because we already got Washington and Watkins, but you've got to have some depth along your offensive line.

THE DREAM TEAM

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: Post Combine Mock

DeAndre Hopkins -- probably get him in Round 3 ...

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    DeAndre Hopkins -- probably get him in Round 3 ...
    I guarantee you he's gone by our 2nd round pick. Guarantee it.
    FestusRam likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

The biggest problem I have with your draft Sosa is us drafting a player by the name Christine!! Lol
    FestusRam likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I'd rather have Tavon Austin with our 2nd pick than Hopkins (especially if DA leaves), but that may just be my personal man-crush getting in the way of reason lol

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Amerson is a great call. Living in NC, no about him first hand at ncsu. Could be a great fit at safety for years plus we draft other positions with first 3 picks. If we can get amerson in 3rd round. I would be such a happy camper. Because that also means great picks first 3 picks
    Last edited by QUINNtessentialTruth; -02-26-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    The biggest problem I have with your draft Sosa is us drafting a player by the name Christine!! Lol
    Yeah I kind of thought that was weird too, but the guy is an absolute monster. I can't believe he isn't generating a HUGE buzz.

THE DREAM TEAM

general counsel is offline Registered User

Not sure why anyone thinks that moving saffold to right tackle is a good idea. He has been a left tackle for quite a while and has done well. His issues have been durability. I think he is a better pass blocker than a run block in any event. I would rather have Fluker, a pure right tackle and leave saffold where he is.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    HUbison, Bar-bq, eric2810 and 4 others like this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's a solid mock.

Personally, I don't think Lane Johnson makes it out of the Top 11, but he's certainly had a positive enough offseason to warrant the pick if he's there.

On the flip side, I don't think Hopkins did enough at the Combine to warrant the 22nd pick, but as you say, he might not be there when the Rams pick in the second round. Is that enough reason to take him there? I don't know if it is.

Solid Day Two and Three picks. Those workout numbers may be a good reason why Washington may not be available in the sixth round anymore. Not doing much @ OG until the 7th worries me, but you can't fix 'em all.
    sosa39rams likes this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Michael missed two interviews due to oversleeping. Hope one of them wasn't with St. Louis!
    Nick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Michael missed two interviews due to oversleeping. Hope one of them wasn't with St. Louis!
    Exact same thing I said to myself today.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Not sure why anyone thinks that moving saffold to right tackle is a good idea. He has been a left tackle for quite a while and has done well. His issues have been durability. I think he is a better pass blocker than a run block in any event. I would rather have Fluker, a pure right tackle and leave saffold where he is.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Because the NFL is a passing league, and I'd rather have a great pass blocking RT opposed to a great run blocker. Great RB's have had extreme success behind terrible lines (SJ anyone?). It's not like Saffold is terrible at run blocking either. Mind you, having him next to Harvey Dahl wont hurt. If you need someone to help run block there is a reason you line up in 22, 21, or 12 personnel sets.

If Sam has two great pass blocking OT's I'd bet our offense would be much more effective.

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Not sold on Hopkins in first round.

I like Amerson, but I would want to be sure that he's willing to play FS. Some CBs are unwilling to make the switch, as CBs tend to make more $.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Love Chris Gragg in the 5th. Think he could be our version of Vernon Davis.

I don't know how much I can like a guy you readily admit, "got torched" this year and "tackling is not his strong suit." Even with 12 picks, it sounds like he gave up 20 TDs, and missed 30 tackles.

Would much rather a 4.34 (Tavon Austin) over a 4.5 (Hopkins), particularly if Amendola leaves as has been said. Think I'd prefer 4.34 Ryan Swope as well.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Love Chris Gragg in the 5th. Think he could be our version of Vernon Davis.

I don't know how much I can like a guy you readily admit, "got torched" this year and "tackling is not his strong suit." Even with 12 picks, it sounds like he gave up 20 TDs, and missed 30 tackles.

Would much rather a 4.34 (Tavon Austin) over a 4.5 (Hopkins), particularly if Amendola leaves as has been said. Think I'd prefer 4.34 Ryan Swope as well.
    In this situation I think 40 time is the last variable you want to use to make a decision between Hopkins and Austin.

To me, the most important variable is size. While Austin is electric, I'm not sure his small frame will hold up in the NFL. I thought more Rams fans would feel the same way after dealing with Amendolas recent injurys. Hopkins has great size.

While his 40 is slower, hes still a solid deep threat. Hes got quick feet and runs great routes. I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of taking him with the 22 pick.

He has great hands, routes, physicality, and his speed isnt terrible. The next A. Boldin with a bit more speed. Perfect complement to the speedy Givens and athletic Quick, in my opinion.
    sosa39rams likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast