Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Post Combine Mock

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Post Combine Mock

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Not sure why anyone thinks that moving saffold to right tackle is a good idea. He has been a left tackle for quite a while and has done well. His issues have been durability. I think he is a better pass blocker than a run block in any event. I would rather have Fluker, a pure right tackle and leave saffold where he is.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I don't know that the Rams will or should resign him to a long term deal in 2014 to be their long term answer at LT. I think he could play right tackle as well as left tackle this year IMO.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I guarantee you he's gone by our 2nd round pick. Guarantee it.
    Ill bet you that...

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Ill bet you that...
    Alright! Rep points it is.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Love Chris Gragg in the 5th. Think he could be our version of Vernon Davis.

I don't know how much I can like a guy you readily admit, "got torched" this year and "tackling is not his strong suit." Even with 12 picks, it sounds like he gave up 20 TDs, and missed 30 tackles.

Would much rather a 4.34 (Tavon Austin) over a 4.5 (Hopkins), particularly if Amendola leaves as has been said. Think I'd prefer 4.34 Ryan Swope as well.
    He got torched on a few occassions this year. Before this year, he was widely regarded as the #1 CB. After his first game vs Tennessee (They have Patterson and Hunter) he looked like a UDFA. Amerson didn't have great technique nor footwork (for CB). Outside of that, he wasn't terrible. I think he would excel as a guy who would have to play quarters coverage rather than man to man.

THE DREAM TEAM

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Not sold on Hopkins in first round.

I like Amerson, but I would want to be sure that he's willing to play FS. Some CBs are unwilling to make the switch, as CBs tend to make more $.
    That and I'm also reading more and more that he might not stick around till the 3rd round.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    In this situation I think 40 time is the last variable you want to use to make a decision between Hopkins and Austin.

To me, the most important variable is size. While Austin is electric, I'm not sure his small frame will hold up in the NFL. I thought more Rams fans would feel the same way after dealing with Amendolas recent injurys. Hopkins has great size.

While his 40 is slower, hes still a solid deep threat. Hes got quick feet and runs great routes. I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of taking him with the 22 pick.

He has great hands, routes, physicality, and his speed isnt terrible. The next A. Boldin with a bit more speed. Perfect complement to the speedy Givens and athletic Quick, in my opinion.
    If we're gonna get Hopkins, I'd much rather trade down to later in the 1st round and try to secure an extra 2nd round pick... 22 is just too much of a reach

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    In this situation I think 40 time is the last variable you want to use to make a decision between Hopkins and Austin.

To me, the most important variable is size. While Austin is electric, I'm not sure his small frame will hold up in the NFL. I thought more Rams fans would feel the same way after dealing with Amendolas recent injurys. Hopkins has great size.

While his 40 is slower, hes still a solid deep threat. Hes got quick feet and runs great routes. I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of taking him with the 22 pick.

He has great hands, routes, physicality, and his speed isnt terrible. The next A. Boldin with a bit more speed. Perfect complement to the speedy Givens and athletic Quick, in my opinion.
    It's not just that Austin is faster, he's also quicker, much more elusive, and has just as good hands. Can line up in the backfield, in the slot or outside. Oh, and he also returns kicks.

Not sure if Hopkins does or not, but it doesn't sound like he does from all I've heard. Which would make him less valuable IMO.

I also totally disagree with you that the most important variable is size.

To me, it would be the size of the heart that matters most. And at 175, you can imagine Tavon, like Danny, has plenty of heart.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any of Danny's injuries can be attributed to his smallish stature. Football players of all sizes get the kind of injuries Amendola has suffered, don't they?

So needless to say, I'm not the least bit concerned about Austin's size, only his playmaking ability, which in my mind is second to none in this draft.

But to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    It's not just that Austin is faster, he's also quicker, much more elusive, and has just as good hands. Can line up in the backfield, in the slot or outside. Oh, and he also returns kicks.

Not sure if Hopkins does or not, but it doesn't sound like he does from all I've heard. Which would make him less valuable IMO.

I also totally disagree with you that the most important variable is size.

To me, it would be the size of the heart that matters most. And at 175, you can imagine Tavon, like Danny, has plenty of heart.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any of Danny's injuries can be attributed to his smallish stature. Football players of all sizes get the kind of injuries Amendola has suffered, don't they?

So needless to say, I'm not the least bit concerned about Austin's size, only his playmaking ability, which in my mind is second to none in this draft.

But to each his own.
    I'd certainly have no beef if we took Tavon Austin in the first. He's my #2 WR. I think he'll have the biggest impact of any WR in the draft in their first year, but I feel Hopkins with good coaching and a non-gunshy QB can make a annual all-pro WR. He reminds me of Roddy White.

I'd like to see Austin in horns too though. He's as explosive as a player as you can find. He can line up in multiple positions like you mentioned. A guy like Austin is good for 20 touches EVERY game. It'll be an issue if we draft him and retain Amendola, though.

THE DREAM TEAM

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Love the Hopkins, Greene and Washington picks. Johnson im not sure of still....lol. Amerson would be good only if he makes the transition good. Gragg could be good. I could live with this mock.

Cant wait till we know if Danny and Jax are staying or not. Will change some things(for me at least)
    sosa39rams likes this.

For the Hopkins doubters, I think you guys should go back and check out some of his tape or at least his highlights. People are sleeping on this guy. Here's an anonymous scout on twitter:

" Hopkins may be my favorite WR this year. Still have to see Patterson, but Nuke is hard to beat for me."

The twitter world is really high on him, or so it seems. There are a few guys around that gloat about him. To me, Hopkins is the complete package. He has amazing hands, will attack the ball aggressively in the air, runs terrific routes, can take the top off the defense. He reminds me of Roddy White so much. Both guys have sure hands. Will do the dirty work across the middle, but both can stretch the field with extreme effectiveness.

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The twitter world is really high on him, or so it seems.
    I like Hopkins too (not as much as you do), but I think we can come up with a better argument than relying on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I like Hopkins too (not as much as you do), but I think we can come up with a better argument than relying on Twitter.
    I meant twitter world as in writers for Rotoworld, BR, and those guys. As well as NFL people like Greg Cosell and Gil Brandt, not random fans that aren't reputable.

Mind you, I understand we all have differing opinions on guys, that's what makes the draft fun, but I believe when we look back at this draft we'll see Nuk as a dominant player.

THE DREAM TEAM

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

For the Hopkins doubters, I think you guys should go back and check out some of his tape or at least his highlights.
    That's quite an assumption to imply that they haven't watched the videos.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I meant twitter world as in writers for Rotoworld, BR, and those guys. As well as NFL people like Greg Cosell and Gil Brandt, not random fans that aren't reputable.
    Cosell and Brandt... okay. Bleacher Report and Rotoworld? Might as well ask "guy on the street."

Again, I like Hopkins, just not quite as much as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    That's quite an assumption to imply that they haven't watched the videos.
    I'm not implying anything. You make the context of my words. If it came off like that, I didn't mean it in that manner. I meant people should go back and analyze more tape, and get more acclimated to his game.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast