Thread: Post FA Signings Mock

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Post FA Signings Mock

FA Additions:

Jared Cook, TE, Titans
    Jake Long, LT, Dolphins
    William Hayes, DE, Rams
    Darian Stewart, SS, Rams

1 - Tavon Austin, WR, WVU: Austin is explosive and will spark our offense. He is a consistent big play waiting to happen. He can play multiple positions and is versatile. He excel's at everything he does. Finally our offense has some speed and dangerous players.

1 - Alec Ogletree, OLB, Georgia: I always wanted that LB from Georgia, this is his teammate. Ogletree poses great size and speed, he is the perfect LB when it comes to stacking a TE and covering TE's or HB's. He won't stack up against a LB, but we need a guy who can cover and be athletic as he fly's all over the field, here he is.

2 - Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky: Warford is an animal. He is massive at 330+ lbs. Pairing him with Long could open some HUGE holes on the left side of our line. Warford is efficient at pass and run blocking, and should be pounced on if he's still here at this point.

3 - Phillip Thomas, Fresno State: Thomas is a complete player. He is quite the turnover machine. Excellent at locating and attacking the ball. He makes a good compliment to Darian Stewart, who may very well be the other starting S.

4 - Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina: I'm taking a shot on Lattimore here. With a few good RB's on our roster already, we can allow Lattimore to start on the PUP list. If he isn't ready to go by week 6, we can IR him for the year (looks like he's on pace to play). He is a great RB prospect and is a strong and physical runner. When healthy, he's a first round pick.

5 - Brian Schwenke, C, Cal: Schwenke is a sleeper prospect. He may not last until this pick, but we'll see how it plays out. He was terrific at the senior bowl stonewalling guys all over the place, especially in the 1v1's. He can sit behind Scott Wells and be an insurance policy.

6 - Brandon McGee, CB, Miami: We need depth, a 4th CB, and here he is. McGee is good at times, and not so good at others. His problem is inconsistency. He has the skill set to work with and can help on ST's.

7 - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS, Faulkner: Armstrong was once upon a time a great prospect. He was looking like he was going to land in the 1st/2nd, but he got kicked off the Miami football team and is now at the bottom of the draft. He is very big, strong, and can hit. He still has a terrific skill set, and can make for a great SS. At worst he is more depth and a vicious special teamer.

2013 Depth Chart:

QB: Bradford/Austin
    RB: Lattimore/Pead/DRich/Ganaway
    FB: Kendricks
    TE: Cook/Kendricks/Mulligan
    WR1: Austin/Quick
    WR2: Givens/Pettis
    LT: Long/Nsekhe
    LG: Warford/Washington
    C: Wells/Schwenke
    RG: Dahl/Watkins
    RT: Saffold/Barksdale
    LE: Long/Sims
    UT: Langford/Conrath
    NT: Brockers/Cudjo
    RE: Quinn/Hayes
    SLB: Dunbar
    MLB: Laurinaitis/Hull
    WLB: Ogletree
    CB: Finnegan/Johnson/Pointer
    CB: Jenkins/McGee
    FS: Thomas/Daniels
    SS: Stewart/Armstrong
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -03-20-2013 at 04:11 AM.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Post FA Signings Mock

Very good draft Soso, I would only change the depth chart. Lattimore would be a very good pick in the fourth, why not take a shot but I don't think he would be the number one this year. Austin would work the slot and KR/PR. I would not pencil him in at the number one WR spot. You added three starters and Austin would be all over the field making plays. Nice draft I'd take it.

2013 Depth Chart:

QB: Bradford/Austin
    RB: Pead/DRich/Ganaway/Lattimore
    FB: Kendricks
    TE: Cook/Kendricks/Mulligan
    WR1: Givens/Pettis
    WR2: Quick/Austin
    Slot Austin
    LT: Long/Nsekhe
    LG: Warford/Washington
    C: Wells/Schwenke
    RG: Dahl/Watkins
    RT: Saffold/Barksdale
    LE: Long/Sims
    UT: Langford/Conrath
    NT: Brockers/Cudjo
    RE: Quinn/Hayes
    SLB: Dunbar
    MLB: Laurinaitis/Hull
    WLB: Ogletree
    CB: Finnegan/Johnson/Pointer
    CB: Jenkins/McGee
    FS: Thomas/Daniels
    SS: Stewart/Armstrong
    KR/PR Austin
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-20-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    Vinnie25 likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Good mock! Austin, Warford, and Thomas are great picks where you have them slotted IMO. Ogletree is a solid pick if you want to turn Dunbar into a situational player; Day Three is appropriate for someone with Lattimore's injury red flags. Mike Mayock has been praising Schwenke since January's Senior Bowl so I'm not sure how big of a sleeper he really is at this point.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Good mock.

If Lattimore is still there in the 4th, I would love that pick. If he gets healthy and regains the skill we all saw, he will be a huge steal. If the Rams want to make a risky pick, I like the idea that Lattimore is that guy and the 4th round wouldnt be to much of a stretch.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I got pretty close here! We did end up with Austin, Ogletree, McGee, and Armstrong!

THE DREAM TEAM

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Well done, young man.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod