View Poll Results: Which potential trade partner could provide the best "futures"?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jacksonville

5 18.52%
  • Cleveland

10 37.04%
  • Atlanta

1 3.70%
  • Minnesota

4 14.81%
  • Oakland

6 22.22%
  • Tampa Bay

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Of the potential trade partners, which would provide the best "futures."

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Of the potential trade partners, which would provide the best "futures."

Assume that all of the trade offers for the No. 2 pick include a 2015 first round selection.

Which team (among the likely trade partners) would be the most tempting to make a deal with due their prospect of having a high pick in 2015?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Of the potential trade partners, which would provide the best "futures."

Hard to choose between Jacksonville and Cleveland, but I'm going to go with Cleveland. It's just a mess there right now, it seems.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hard to choose between Jacksonville and Cleveland, but I'm going to go with Cleveland. It's just a mess there right now, it seems.
    I gotta concur with Nick. If we get the Browns 2015 pick, we very well could be holding the #1 overall pick. Then we get to put that on the block for whoever wants Mariotta/Winston.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I went with Minnesota. I think they have some significant issues, and they also are likely to have a tough time within their own division.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I gotta concur with Nick. If we get the Browns 2015 pick, we very well could be holding the #1 overall pick. Then we get to put that on the block for whoever wants Mariotta/Winston.
    So, what you're saying is, it could be 2016 or 2017 before we can complete the list of players obtained through the RGIII trade?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    So, what you're saying is, it could be 2016 or 2017 before we can complete the list of players obtained through the RGIII trade?
    EXACTLY! Truly the gift that keeps on (and on and on) giving.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Went with the Raiders they have NFL's toughest schedule in 2014. We have the third hardest by the way.

Rams Draft Warner; Finally Complete 2012 Trade
    May 15, 2024

The St. Louis Rams used the first overall selection in yesterday's NFL Draft to select Elijah Storm Warner, QB, Missouri. Warner, the son of former Rams QB Kurt Warner, is expected to start, taking over for long-time starter Sam Bradford, who retired at end of the 2023 season, completing an illustrious career that included three Super Bowl championships. This selection, made with a pick originally held by the 0-16 New England Patriots, marks the completion of a trade the Rams made in 2012 with the Washington Redskins. The Rams have made additional trades each year since that original deal, extending the bounty received for twelve years. In light of the short and unremarkable career of Robert Griffin, III, this trade is regarded as the most lopsided deal in NFL history.
    HUbison, Nick, SWFCRAM and 3 others like this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

I think it depends on who we're targeting with our first pick.

If we're targeting Matthews/Robinson/Clowney, I'll take Cleveland. Only moving down two spots all but guarantees one of them is still on the board.

If we're not targeting one of those three prospects, I'd be down for whatever other trade gives us the most in return. I'd go with Minnesota. They're in desperate need of a QB who can compliment AP while he's still in his prime.
    RealRam likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

It's pretty much a toss up between Cleveland and Jacksonville for me.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    I think it depends on who we're targeting with our first pick.

If we're targeting Matthews/Robinson/Clowney, I'll take Cleveland. Only moving down two spots all but guarantees one of them is still on the board.

If we're not targeting one of those three prospects, I'd be down for whatever other trade gives us the most in return. I'd go with Minnesota. They're in desperate need of a QB who can compliment AP while he's still in his prime.
    In the first likely scenario CLE is our partner. Voted Browns.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

When projecting which team will struggle the most in 2015 it was an easy pick for me. At this point in time I can't see Oakland getting out of its own shadow let alone having any semblance of success.

My reasoning is as follows:

1.) I think Gus Bradley will get things turned around in Jax. May not be totally done by next year but I like the direction he is taking that team.

2.) I know with what has transpired recently many think the Browns are the laughing stock of the league, but in all reality they do have some good talent and a potentially nasty front 7on defense. If they ever get just decent QB play they could surprise some people.

3.) The problem last year with Atlanta was injuries. They were exposed for not having much depth. Of course one could make this point with most teams in the NFL. I look for them to rebound.

4.) The Vikings have got some intrinsic talent also. See my comments on the Browns for these guys also.

5.) In Tampa they had a college guy as HC. Big mistake. Lovie has always fielded decent teams and it is not unreasonable to think that he will have the Bucs playing .500 ball as soon as next year.

Well, guys, by using the process of elimination this leaves the Raiders. And it leaves them where they belong. In last place with 4 - 5 wins and the St. Louis Rams picking at the 2 - 4 spot.

Sounds good to me!!

WHAT SAY YE?
    Rambos likes this.

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Oakland and/or Jacksonville get my vote.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Funny how dysfunction leads to losing....Cleveland. While it certainly would work well for us I'm not so sure Cleveland makes the deal to jump up 2 spots and pays a king's ransom for the move. Unless the Combine changes much I don't think we'll know our trading partner until we're on the clock.

Go Rams!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Jacksonville have been cellar dwellers for years now, so they're my choice. Cleveland are absolutely a mess, but they at least have some pieces in place. I can't name a single Jacksonville player worth getting excited about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast