Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tampa_Ram
  • 1 Post By fearsome foursome

Thread: Pre-Combine Draftt

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Pre-Combine Draftt

1.16 - Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma: Johnson is pegged as a raw prospect. He played TE and QB before, so he is very athletic. He does a very good job in pass pro. Sets his feet, doesn't get up too high. Johnson has absolutely everything you want in a LT. Not to mention, he dominated during the Senior Bowl, as well as late in his season. He can be our future LT, allowing a guy like Saffold to think about a move to RT.

1.22 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson: I think Hopkins may be the top WR in this class. He does the important things very well. Great at route running, he attacks the ball at its highest point and usually comes down with it. He has enough speed to beat you deep and can be a legit deep threat. Only comes in at 6'1 and 205 lbs, Hopkins isn't a guy that looks like he'll kill you, but neither did Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce, right?

2 - Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky: Warford is a mammoth at 340lbs. He is an amazing run blocker as you could imagine. He'll drive you back 10 yards with ease. Warford is surprisingly good at pass blocking too. He sets extremely well, and looks like a future pro bowler at the next level. The only issue he has is getting to the 2nd level, but what do you expect from a guy that weighs almost as much as a smart car.

3 - D.J Swearinger, S, South Carolina: Swearinger is as good as any S that you'll find at laying the wood. He will miss some tackles he should make, but he'll make up for it with his knockout shots. Swearinger is creating quite the buzz around NFL circles I've read. He is very aggressive and is a terrific in the box kind of guy. He has some coverage ability too, which is what makes him a great prospect.

4 - Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford: He's played in a pro style offense for a bit, so he knows whats expected of him. Taylor is a tank of a RB. He is as complete as an RB as you will find in this class. Taylor is an effective pass blocker, which makes him available to be a 3 down back. He is a tough nosed runner too. He probably won't break an 80 yard TD, but he is a grinder who wears defenses down. I'd love to see Taylor as our heir to SJ.

5 - Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut: Moore is a very productive OLB. He is very capable of rushing the passer, stopping the run, though he needs some help in this category he is athletic enough to drop back in coverage too. Moore is a little on the small side at 6'2 230 lbs, but his play speaks for itself. Moore is a guy that I'm sure Bush will love to get his hands on. He could mold a really niece and integral piece to this D.

6 - Michael Williams, TE, Alabama: Williams is an amazing blocker. He is a beast in the run game. Drives back opponents, sets the edge, and anchors really well. He doesn't make much of a receiving threat, but he isn't a terrible receiver either. If he gets a few opportunities he can make a few plays, but he is primarily a blocker. He can take over blocking duties and FB duties and allow Kendricks to be utilized in the passing game.

7 - Cornelius Washington, DE, Georgia: I really like Washington. He was pretty good at the Senior Bowl in 1v1's. He definitely has space to improve. He can add a lot to his pass rushing arsenal, though his bull rush is very effective at times. He is a decent run stuffer, though he needs to set the edge at a better level. I really feel like with some good coaching from Waufle, Washington can make a terrific rotating piece, especially if Will Hayes walks.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -02-15-2013 at 12:21 PM.

THE DREAM TEAM

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Pre-Combine Draftt

I like this mock, only pick im not a big fan of is Lane Johnson. Just not sold on him and need to study his tape more. I havent really been following him much so really i need to learn more about him before i can like this pick is all. The rest is fine by me. Love Hopkins and Warford!!

edit: After doing some research and looking up some info on Johnson i would be fine with this pick. Considered the 3rd and last blue chip LT prospect. Is very good in pass protection. Pass protected for the pass heavy Sooners(the same team Bradford played for and won the Heisman with).

SOLD!!!!
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -02-15-2013 at 05:44 AM.
    sosa39rams likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I like this mock, only pick im not a big fan of is Lane Johnson. Just not sold on him and need to study his tape more. I havent really been following him much so really i need to learn more about him before i can like this pick is all. The rest is fine by me. Love Hopkins and Warford!!

edit: After doing some research and looking up some info on Johnson i would be fine with this pick. Considered the 3rd and last blue chip LT prospect. Is very good in pass protection. Pass protected for the pass heavy Sooners(the same team Bradford played for and won the Heisman with).

SOLD!!!!
    He is raw, so there obviously is some concern that he may never pan out. But he looked terrific late in the season, plus he stonewalled guys at the combine. If he works out, as well as Warford, we have a very solid offensive line.

Thats why I love this draft. Fix the offensive line, provide a new weapon for Sam, touch up the soft spots of the D, and hopefully improve this team by 3-4 wins.

THE DREAM TEAM

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Sosa, one of my favorite drafts so far. The only thing that I would question is guard in the second. Nick convinced me that Warmack is a good choice in the first because he is an exceptional talent (I'm a talent over need guy , within reason). We still don't know what we have in Rok Watkins and may be OK at OG. I might go tight end or DT with that pick. Otherwise, like I said, nice job!
    sosa39rams likes this.