4th Round

Freddie Roach

5th Round

Gerald Riggs Jr.

6th Round

Donovan Raiola*

7th Round

Jeremy Mincey*

*Those two players will probably be selected earlier, but I can see them possibly falling this far.

The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Pre Combine Mock

I think Davis is going to be a great talent at tight end in this league. While I disagree with the strategy of drafting an offensive player that high with so many defensive needs, I certainly wouldn't be upset if the Rams added him.

As for the other picks, Roach in the fourth is great. But I'm really not a fan of a mid-draft safety pick since we already have two of those in Atogwe and Carter. I'm still convinced that if we get a safety, it needs to be one that will have an immediate impact, which means either a FA vet or a top pick. Also, I'm not a big Ernie Sims fan, at least when talking about the Rams. We need a bigger SLB to back up Coakley. Sims would project to our WLB spot, where we already have Pisa Tinoisamoa.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'd pick Hodge over Sims and why two Bama players? I doubt Roach will be there and Harper in the 3rd? We have a bigger postition need at DL and LB than safety. Plus the DBs are stacked this year.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I doubt Roach will be there and Harper in the 3rd? We have a bigger postition need at DL and LB than safety. Plus the DBs are stacked this year.
    I disagree with a couple of things here. The projections for Roach are quite varied. I've seen him listed anywhere from the third round to a late Day Two guy. I think it's reasonable for the time being to expect him on the board in the 4th-5th round.

As for your statement about positional needs, I don't know how you can justify that kind of comment after how poorly our safeties played in 2005. Maybe you feel the need at LB is greater, but a person could make a very solid case either way. I definitely don't think we have more pressing needs on the defensive line than we do at safety.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I disagree with a couple of things here. The projections for Roach are quite varied. I've seen him listed anywhere from the third round to a late Day Two guy. I think it's reasonable for the time being to expect him on the board in the 4th-5th round.

As for your statement about positional needs, I don't know how you can justify that kind of comment after how poorly our safeties played in 2005. Maybe you feel the need at LB is greater, but a person could make a very solid case either way. I definitely don't think we have more pressing needs on the defensive line than we do at safety.
    Yea but as alot of the Fans here say "It was the scheme"
    RamsFan16

Yea but as alot of the Fans here say "It was the scheme"
    In regards to what? The problem with our safeties from last year was pretty much on their shoulders. I don't know many schemes that insist on their players taking poor angles to the ball and trying to make weak arm tackles instead of wrapping a player up and bringing him down, and that's the kind of stuff I saw from the majority of our safeties all year.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I'd pick Hodge over Sims and why two Bama players? I doubt Roach will be there and Harper in the 3rd? We have a bigger postition need at DL and LB than safety. Plus the DBs are stacked this year.
    I'm a huge Sims fan. I think he's got a lot of potential. Roach will most likely be there in the 4th and possibly the 5th round. Harper provides excellent depth at FS and could possibly challenge for the SS spot. I have the team selecting a great OLB and a really good run stopping MLB in the draft. I think that suits the Ram's needs pretty well.

I think Davis is going to be a great talent at tight end in this league. While I disagree with the strategy of drafting an offensive player that high with so many defensive needs, I certainly wouldn't be upset if the Rams added him.

As for the other picks, Roach in the fourth is great. But I'm really not a fan of a mid-draft safety pick since we already have two of those in Atogwe and Carter. I'm still convinced that if we get a safety, it needs to be one that will have an immediate impact, which means either a FA vet or a top pick. Also, I'm not a big Ernie Sims fan, at least when talking about the Rams. We need a bigger SLB to back up Coakley. Sims would project to our WLB spot, where we already have Pisa Tinoisamoa.
    What is your opinion on Raiola? I've heard some good things about him, but havent had a chance to watch any tape on him.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

undersized and we already have three guys who can play center

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

I would love that draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    What is your opinion on Raiola? I've heard some good things about him, but havent had a chance to watch any tape on him.
    I think he'd make a decent late round addition, where you have him. He's a bit undersized and he'd have to work on his upper body strength because I'm not sure if he can really dominate and move people with brute force on the line. However, he uses good leverage and gets to the second level well to take on linebackers. Definitely wouldn't be at all upset with him in the sixth round.

I think he'd make a decent late round addition, where you have him. He's a bit undersized and he'd have to work on his upper body strength because I'm not sure if he can really dominate and move people with brute force on the line. However, he uses good leverage and gets to the second level well to take on linebackers. Definitely wouldn't be at all upset with him in the sixth round.
    Thats pretty much what I've heard. I think he could be a pretty solid backup, but he has the potential to be better than that. If he can get stronger, he could be a pretty good run blocker.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

I don't know why but I really like the pick of Vernon Davis he will be awesome in the NFL with his speed and size and athletic ability.