throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Pre-Combine Mock

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Pre-Combine Mock

1.02 - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn: Robinson is my favourite OT in this draft. He is an absolute monster and can certainly be molded. I would insert him at LT immediately and not play around with him as he is our franchise LT. I can't even imagine how good he would be with a guy like Paul Boudreau coaching him.

1.13 - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Mich: Dennard is the top CB in this draft and can be had here. He is a very physical press man to man CB. He will immediately battle for a starting job. Whichever way it works out we have 3 solid corners and see a much needed upgrade with Dennard. He was left on an island in Michigan's defense often and had no problems handling receivers.

2 - LaMarcus Joyner, FS, FlordiaSt: Joyner is one of my favourite players in this draft. He has unbelievable closing speed and acceleration, something all excellent Safeties have. He can lay you out or even play slot CB. He is versatile and offers amazing value at this spot.

3 - Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor: Richardson completes the offensive line as he comes in to play the remaining guard spot. He is massive at 340 lbs. He will absolutely engulf defenders and can drive. He is big and is built for physical and power ball.

4 - David Fales, QB, SJST: Fales is a guy that I like. He has a nice arm. He can anticipate throws and has the accuracy to make throws. His lack of arm strength is a concern, but it's overstated. He is an excellent backup and will provide huge depth for a team that really needs it.

5 - Daniel McCullers, DT, Tenn: I add a mountain of a man here in McCullers. He is stiff and offers next to nothing in the pass rush, but he can be out there on first or second down as a backup and breather guy who can stuff the run.

6 - Prince Shembo, OLB, ND: Shembo is a guy who plays at 110% effort. He is quick and can beat guys off the edge using a speed rush. I think we add a LB who has the ability to rush the passer because Greg Williams loves to use creative blitzes and Shembo offers that versatility.

7 - Storm Johnson, RB, UCF: A guy who can run the ball and catch out of the back field, Johnson will replace and fight for a spot with Richardson and Pead.
    SWFCRAM, Mikey, Vinnie25 and 1 others like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Mikey is online now Registered User

Re: Pre-Combine Mock

I could like this mock. Personally I like Matthews more than Robinson just because we don't have much to go on with his pass blocking. Without trade downs you've hit I think all our major needs. Well done.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I like this mock a lot, well done! I especially like your third day picks, very nice.

Question, though: You said you'd insert Robinson at LT immediately. What do you do with Long? He doesn't seem like a guy who will be willing to move from the left side.

a.p.quinn is offline Registered User

I love your 2nd and 3rd round picks
    sosa39rams likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Great job, probably my favorite mock draft I've seen so far! Meets all of the Rams needs, while at the same time gives them the best player available at that spot. I'd prefer for the Rams to trade down from #2 (and still draft Robinson) to secure some more picks, but this pick would be the next best thing. However, Robinson's pass blocking is still a little raw, and for that reason I'd keep him at RT until Boudreau can coach him up to replace Long at LT in a couple years. Love the Joyner pick, he's definitely on the short side but he's flies to the ball and is a great playmaker. With him, Dennard, Trumaine, and JJ playing on passing downs, the Rams would effectively have 4 corners out there at once.
    sosa39rams likes this.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I wouldn't cry about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I like this mock a lot, well done! I especially like your third day picks, very nice.

Question, though: You said you'd insert Robinson at LT immediately. What do you do with Long? He doesn't seem like a guy who will be willing to move from the left side.
    Well I guess it really depends on his health. I don't believe we should rush him back, so if he isn't ready for week 1, don't let him out there. I suspect he'll be ready to go around week 4. Once he is ready to roll, we could sit down and evaluate Robinson's play thus far. I do believe he will initially struggle a little bit with some pass rushers, but he fits the scheme. Once Long is ready to return I could envision him being the LT once again, though I would prefer Robinson stay at LT since he is the future.

My favourite line combination would be: Robinson/Long/Jones/Richardson/Barksdale

Though I could see Robinson and Long switched as well.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    My favourite line combination would be: Robinson/Long/Jones/Richardson/Barksdale

Though I could see Robinson and Long switched as well.
    I'd prefer Long - Richardson - Jones - Saffold - Rpbinson, with Barksdale on the bench in case of injury… of course that all depends on if Saffold re-signs at a reasonable price
    RealRam and HUbison like this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Really hard not to like a mock that potentially solidifies both the offense's and defense's most vulnerable units, the offensive line and secondary, in the first three rounds.

Nice work.
    sosa39rams likes this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    I'd prefer Long - Richardson - Jones - Saffold - Rpbinson, with Barksdale on the bench in case of injury… of course that all depends on if Saffold re-signs at a reasonable price
    But I thought you said putting Barksdale on the bench would be a bad to way reward his play in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    But I thought you said putting Barksdale on the bench would be a bad to way reward his play in 2013.
    It would, and I'd still rather draft Clowney than an OT at 2nd, but if were going to do it having a player like Barksdale on the bench wouldn't hurt.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    It would, and I'd still rather draft Clowney than an OT at 2nd, but if were going to do it having a player like Barksdale on the bench wouldn't hurt.
    Yep Ditto...

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I would be fine with this - where do you see us addressing the WR position though, Sosa?

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I would be fine with this - where do you see us addressing the WR position though, Sosa?
    I do want to add a WR throughout the draft. Unfortunately in this one I didn't. I would like to see us move down from #2 though and add at least an extra 2nd this year giving us more flexibility and the ability to grab a WR.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I do want to add a WR throughout the draft. Unfortunately in this one I didn't. I would like to see us move down from #2 though and add at least an extra 2nd this year giving us more flexibility and the ability to grab a WR.
    Exactly, if the Rams were able to trade down and still get either Robinson or Matthews, we could then grab someone like Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, or Davante Adams with the extra picks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast