throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Prisco: If Rams want to win, Bradford is easy -- and only -- choice

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    I'm starting to wonder what's the big knock on Bradford besides his durability? Makes all the throws, works hard, intelligent, great guy in the locker, calling Bradford average is calling a rookiee Manning (who did less in college) average. Only thing Manning has working for him more than Bradford coming out of college is he worked out of a pro style offense and his arm might be a tad stronger. In this case thats a bad argument because Bradford took half his snaps in training camp from under center and around 30 percent of his snaps in games from under center and can throw all the intermediate routes "on a rope" as they say. I doubt he forgot to drop back that fast and Im sure hes been refining it during his downtime.

So realistically, the only real knocks on Bradford is durability. Just watch the game tape people, just watch the tape..
    We knock him because he HAS NOT done that much more than his Oklahoma predecessors, and was confronting inferior defenses when he was racking up the numbers. When you combine that with consecutive BCS Bowl depantsings, a neutral site loss to Texas that should have cost the Sooners a trip to the title game, a loss at Texas Tech that cost them another title game trip in 2007, and the BYU loss this year, his ability to win truly crucial games must be questioned.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramstiles View Post
    If bradford turns out to be a franchise QB then it would be wise to select him I'm not sure he will My opinion is its better to have a great DT (suh) than a average QB
    understand your point but is he going to be just an average QB ? I don't know and what happens if he comes into the league and does great,it's a tossup,I don't think we could go wrong with either guy but the pressure is on the FO to make the right move,they can't screw this up.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Prisco
    When was the last Super Bowl you came away from thinking that a defensive tackle decided the game?

Now you know why the St. Louis Rams have no choice but to take a quarterback with the first overall pick in the April draft.
    You already lost me, Pete. Come on, man; you gotta be smarter than that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    First of all, Alex Smith and Sam Bradford are two totally different players with different styles, attributes, and strengths.

Sam Bradford is 10x the QB Smith will ever be.
    You know this for sure? I mean there are so many missed picks at the qb position I wonder how you could be so sure Bradford is 10 times the qb Smith would ever be? Smith looked pretty good coming out of college. Akilli Smith,Andre Ware,David Klingler and Ryan Leaf all also looked great coming out of college. I just don't see how you can be so sure of Bradford being a sure thing. The best qb in college did not declare for the draft and will be the #1 qb taken in next years draft. Locker puts up great numbers on a crappy team. So is Bradford really worth the #1 pick or is he just the best qb of a pretty average qb draft class?
    Just Fix It

ramstiles is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    understand your point but is he going to be just an average QB ? I don't know and what happens if he comes into the league and does great,it's a tossup,I don't think we could go wrong with either guy but the pressure is on the FO to make the right move,they can't screw this up.
    At this stage its all opinions and time will tell I hope if we take bradford you can tell me how right you were

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramstiles View Post
    At this stage its all opinions and time will tell I hope if we take bradford you can tell me how right you were
    I don't know if I will be right or wrong because I don't know what the football guys now know about Bradford, but having only 6 wins over 3 seasons and the #1 pick and needing a francise type QB, if they think he could be that guy then that decision is pretty made for them.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

Can you put a maybe on the Number One person taken in the draft. the only question he has is DURABILITY??? Not a question you even want to think about with the first person taken in the draft. Someone on this thread said watch the tape. Actually took the advice. And what i saw was Bradford standing tall with all the time in in the world behind a great OLine hitting wide open receivers. Most of these throws were out of the spread. Minimal pocket presence (see BYU game). Yes big arm, throws all the routes well, but that durability question.
    Now i did the same thing with Suh. OMG!!!! Man among boys, Can we really afford to pass on someone this good. If so , see you next year on the clock discussing the best player available.

bigtiger737 Guest

I'm honestly just as happy to gamble on colt or even tebow with a 2nd round then I am to pass up suh in the 1st..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12