Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Pro Football weekly

question is, how would they even find out about this?

sounds like a load of rubbish to me. its not hard to make up a story about a defensive coach getting heated about something when Jim Haslett is our defensive coordinator

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

[QUOTE=RamWraith;226239]Here is the article:
    ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by PFW
    However, the coaching staff, especially on defense, is not on board with the selection, according to multiple team sources. The way we hear it, the coaches think Dorsey is the best defensive player in the draft and have made their feelings well known in the draft room. In recent meetings, discussions have become so heated that a prominent member of the coaching staff was asked to leave the room after piping in with his opinion of the less desirable (in his opinion) Long.
    How in the world do they know? Do they have an indisde man at Rams park? Unless they've bugged the premises, there's no possible way that they could know all this. That is, unless a member of staff was foolish enough to divulge valuable information about what is now the most important pick in the entire draft...which wouldn't happen anyway. I think this has the words "Linehan" and "smokescreen" written all over it. Someone is going to attempt to trade up for Dorsey. This to me, sounds like the Rams baiting Atlanta.

However, with very few potential suitors for the No. 2 overall pick, the Saints could hold their cards and potentially get away with exchanging little.
    What better way to bait a potential trade partner than to suggest that a potential move would be far from costly? There's no way the Saints could pull of that sort of trade cheaply. The last time we saw a trade for that high a pick, the San Diego Chargers recieved a bunch of picks to draft only first round QB of that class yet to win a superbowl.

The wild card, the way we hear it, with RB Steven Jackson struggling to stay healthy and a decision needed to be made on his future, is the Ramsí top-rated player, Darren McFadden....
    Again, how do they know this?

As McFadden is likely the biggest "immediate" difference maker in this classm he is automatically the Rams top player? There's no credible source.

One thing you see repeated alot in this article is "the way we hear it". It's hearsay. Rumour. Speculative, *******ised, pasteurised, homogenised "truth" full of every last artificial colour and flavour you can think of. Personally, in a world where the truth is sacrificed as a segue into profit, I'm still struggling to believe it's not butter.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The way i hear it is that Haslett has a massive man crush on Dorsey, and Devaney being logical wants to use the pick on the safer pick of Chris Long, who is of more need, has less injury worries and has been coached from birth by a Hall of Famer. Apparently Scott Linehan has no interest who the Rams pick, because its going to be a defensive player.

Devaney was basically saying that it doesnt matter what Haslett wants because he is head of drafting in St Louis. Haslett, angered by this, began to Hulk out, and the rest of the people present at the discussion feared they were about to be distroyed by a ginger-haired wrecking machine. However, the day was saved by Scott Linehan, who calmly spoke to Haslett and bored him into submission.

As a compromise, Devaney and Haslett agreed to draft Vernon Gholston. As a defensive end he fills a position of need, but also fills Hasletts requirement of a defensive lineman who is "tough and black". Neither were too bothered about comments of Gholston taking plays off and only really playing half of the snaps every game. Devaney quite cleverly pointed out that since Gholston plays defense, he shouldnt really be criticised for not being on the field when the Rams are on offense.

Thats what i heard anyway, from my inside source.

max
    max is offline Registered User

[quote=Bar-bq;226310]
    Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Here is the article:
    ----------

How in the world do they know? Do they have an indisde man at Rams park? Unless they've bugged the premises, there's no possible way that they could know all this. That is, unless a member of staff was foolish enough to divulge valuable information about what is now the most important pick in the entire draft...which wouldn't happen anyway. I think this has the words "Linehan" and "smokescreen" written all over it. Someone is going to attempt to trade up for Dorsey. This to me, sounds like the Rams baiting Atlanta.
    Yup, that's how I see it. Except for the Linehan line. I would just leave it at smokescreen. All the talk about Dorsey being at the top of the Rams board has got be leaked from the Rams war room to bait Atlanta.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I find this comical especially if it's true. We all know Haslett is a fiery guy.
    So I would believe Haslett went off. The thing is, if Haslett is really fighting for Dorsey over Long or Gholston I'm truly concerned. Let's not forget that when Haslett first joined us he was high on Jimmy Kennedy too.

max
    max is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I find this comical especially if it's true. We all know Haslett is a fiery guy.
    So I would believe Haslett went off. The thing is, if Haslett is really fighting for Dorsey over Long or Gholston I'm truly concerned. Let's not forget that when Haslett first joined us he was high on Jimmy Kennedy too.
    The only thing I would be concerned about is if Devaney lets Haslett influence his pick. Devaney makes the pick, Haslett coaches the pick. We rout for the pick. That's the way it should be.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Let's not forget that when Haslett first joined us he was high on Jimmy Kennedy too.
    And while in New Orleans, spent a sixth-overall pick on Jonathan Sullivan.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12