Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    snowbozo21's Avatar
    snowbozo21 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    I would Like us to get Willis in the first Round for MLB and then pick up Carriker in the second round. Then Get Anthony Gonzalez from Ohio State in the third or The Douglas fellow from Louisville.


  2. #2
    RamsFan4ever's Avatar
    RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    GA
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,346
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    I dont think the rams will use a first day pick on a WR Gonzalez, I think the rams are gonna pick a WR around the 5th or 6th round and please rams, dont make a QB convert to a WR.

  3. #3
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,669
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    either...
    1. Patrick Willis - MLB - Ole Miss
    2. Tim Crowder - DE - Texas
    3. Kareem Brown - DT - Miami


    or...
    1. Victor Abiamiri - DE - Notre Dame
    2. David Harris - MLB - Michigan
    3. Kareem Brown - DT - Miami

    For the record, I'd love to see us with Carriker, but I think our first pick would be a reach, and he'll be gone by our second pick.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  4. #4
    Country's Avatar
    Country is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    1. DT Amobi Okoye [Louisville]
    2. LB David Harris [Michigan]
    3. OT Mike Otto [Purdue]

  5. #5
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,805
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    I'm working on a full offseason write-up for the Rams, but at the risk of spoiling it early, my first day mock as of right now would be...

    1: Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi
    2: Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
    3: Ryan Kalil, C, USC
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  6. #6
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,633
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm working on a full offseason write-up for the Rams, but at the risk of spoiling it early, my first day mock as of right now would be...

    1: Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi
    2: Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
    3: Ryan Kalil, C, USC
    We have a shot at Willis? Isn't he a tougher pick for us? Or am I thinking of Adams or something?


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  7. #7
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,805
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    We have a shot at Willis? Isn't he a tougher pick for us? Or am I thinking of Adams or something?
    I think you're thinking of Adams. Willis is definitely a potential pick for us, and unless he gets selected by San Fran or Buffalo, should be there for us.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  8. #8
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,825
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    i dont see us drafting a first day DE right now, rather picking one up in FA and then getting one next year

  9. #9
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,944
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i dont see us drafting a first day DE right now, rather picking one up in FA and then getting one next year
    So you just want a journeyman to fill the spot for the year?

  10. #10
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,669
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    So you just want a journeyman to fill the spot for the year?
    I agree, we should take a DE early in the draft, but we could wind up with more than a journeyman DE in FA. We could go after a run stopper like Justin Smith or Charles Grant, or one of the pass rushers out there. But either way, we could find a starter in FA.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  11. #11
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,805
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I agree, we should take a DE early in the draft, but we could wind up with more than a journeyman DE in FA. We could go after a run stopper like Justin Smith or Charles Grant, or one of the pass rushers out there. But either way, we could find a starter in FA.
    I'm not sure if this is what you're saying, so maybe I'm being repetitive, but I think it's either one or the other - either we sign a starter quality free agent defensive end or we take one early in the draft. Addressing the position in March means we likely won't have to address it on the first day of the draft in April.

    Given that we just drafted Adeyanju who looks promising and that Brandon Green is still relatively young, I think we'd be better served going after a free agent starter.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  12. #12
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,669
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you're saying, so maybe I'm being repetitive, but I think it's either one or the other - either we sign a starter quality free agent defensive end or we take one early in the draft. Addressing the position in March means we likely won't have to address it on the first day of the draft in April.

    Given that we just drafted Adeyanju who looks promising and that Brandon Green is still relatively young, I think we'd be better served going after a free agent starter.
    Yea, I'm not disagreeing with ya, Nick. I agree, it is an either or situation. If we haul in a Smith, Grant, etc., there's no need for a 1st round DE.

    My post was in response to the notion that not addressing the position early in the draft would leave us with nothing but a journeyman option in FA. I'm saying if we sign the right FA, we could have a quality starter opposite Little from Week 1, even without addressing the position early in the draft.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  13. #13
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,662
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    is carricker really better than charles johnson from georgia? For the record, i am 100% on the patrick willis bandwagon. Sign a vet free agent to play defensive end and get me a tackling fool in the middle. Now if landry was available at 13 i might have a different view, but i am sure that he wont be on the board when we pick.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  14. #14
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,548
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    1. DE QUENTIN MOSES Height: 6-5 | Weight: 257 Trade up get him
    2. LB David Harris [Michigan] Height: 6-2 | Weight: 251
    3. DT Stanley Doughty Height / Weight: 6-1 / 331

  15. #15
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,662
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Project Rounds 1-3 for the draft

    rambos, what do you make of moses' dissapointing senior season and complete lack of productivity, to say nothing of being out peformed dramatically by charles johnson opposite him.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •