Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Projected 2005 Salary Cap Figures

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

St. Louis Rams - $11.627 M
    -At first glance, the Rams appear to be in decent cap shape. However, closer analysis reveals that much of the reason for their space is because they don't have anyone signed at a number of key positions. For example, they only have ONE safety on their entire roster heading into the off-season.
    One should also consider that if Pace is franchised again, that'll count for over $8 million against the cap.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

serkicker32 Guest

Re: Projected 2005 Salary Cap Figures

Bruce and Faulk need to be lower and we still have Warner and Wohlabaugh on the books, not to mention Turley. These guys are all on offense and only two of them play while the other three hog up a huge amount of cap, no wonder we can never afford to bring in some good vet help for our defense

psycho9985 Guest

It does'nt look good,probably for the next couple of years.Martz needs help like lovie gave him.If we dont get a good def. cood. look for the same maybe worse next season. I hate to be cynical about my team,but I dont like what im seeing and hearing.Its an overwelming task to make this team championship caliber in the near future we need a personel genius in the draft. Man I wish we still had Vermiel. We still need OL help 1st,find a way to keep our key people, Keep Marts to coaching let someone else decide General management.Dont let Martz dump good off coord. whoo learn his system to protect his job.I believe in Martz system:Its the best in the league,But not with him calling all the shots.We need some major change.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If the Rams are going to have cap room to be a player in this year's market, they have to do three things:

1. Sign Pace to a long-term deal.

2. Restructure Bruce's contract.

3. Restructure Faulk's contract.

They also will probably need to release Turley after June 2. This will clear extra money to sign the draft picks and to perhaps shop in the post-June cuts market.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

At what point do the Rams need to be under the cap?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!