jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Purely Speculation.....

I must correct myself, now that free agency starts on Fri, at 12am est what players if any do you think we make a move for, and how quickly do you think we tip our hat in. Also for what positons.

Our glaring position of needs are DT, and help for Leonard on the end. But in my opinion, if we get a good DT that will take a lot of pressure of Leonard. I also think we to get depth and the LB spot, and CB spot. On offense I think we're fine, allthough we need to get some depth at WR spot in case one of our big boys gets hurt, "KNOCK ON WOOD". Other than I'm fine with our team.

Weigh in fellow ClanRammers
    Last edited by jjigga3000; -03-02-2007 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Gramatica Errors. :)

viper is online now Registered User

Re: Purely Speculation.....

In addition to the positions you already mentioned, you can expect us to add some depth on the OL. With Steussie's contract uncertainty and Timmerman supposedly gone, this becomes a high priority as well.

Drew Guest

to add to what already has been added,i want a cannonball of a fb either from FA or the draft,imagine Jackson with the help that faulk in his prime was given,apart from 3 games Jackson has done what he has done with a pretty poor supporting cast, Jackson running behind Hodgins would have been brutal on the opposition!

Javaman Guest

HELP!!!!!!! I think the rams should go for defense during free agency. The players have experience and are more likely to provide immediate help verses a draft choice. Should the rams go after Joey Porter? It appears he can still rush the passer but can he stop the run? With the teams in our conference now sporting 1000 yard rushers whom seem to prefer to run off tackle, the rams need someone whom can stop the run!!!

bigredman Guest

OFFENSIVE LINEMAN FIRST, then address our defensive needs. I'm telling you guys. Its an offensive line that wins championships. Its the offensive line that makes the running game go. Its the offensive line that makes the passing game fly. Its the offensive line that keep the defense on the bench and rested.

I'm telling ya boys. Get us a first class offensive line....Jackson wins the season rushing record...Bulger's QB rating goes over 100...and the Rams are in the playoffs and scaring the hell out of the NFL. The secret to the Ram's success in the past and future has been the offensive line.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    OFFENSIVE LINEMAN FIRST, then address our defensive needs. I'm telling you guys. Its an offensive line that wins championships. Its the offensive line that makes the running game go. Its the offensive line that makes the passing game fly. Its the offensive line that keep the defense on the bench and rested.

I'm telling ya boys. Get us a first class offensive line....Jackson wins the season rushing record...Bulger's QB rating goes over 100...and the Rams are in the playoffs and scaring the hell out of the NFL. The secret to the Ram's success in the past and future has been the offensive line.
    I say fix up the defense. Our Offensive line was fine the last 5 games of the season. Of course you can always add depth, but it's not glaring a need as the Defensive Line.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I'd sign Eric Steinbach and Kevin Curtis. I'd then look for a depth player at DT and pick the best pass rusing DE left (Dwayne White?).

In the draft, I'd go DE then LB and then BPA.

keith m. klink Guest

1st -DE , 2nd- WR , 3rd -DT , 4th - RB , 5th#1 - DE , 5th#2 - LB, 6th - OL , 7th-OL, this would take care of major needs and depth to the roster, and bring in competition for who's on the team. 3 defensive linemen and a lb for depth and to compete, 2 offensive linemen , a receiver in the top part of the draft and a middle round runner , and the draft would be a success. everyone who thinks we need safeties and cornerbacks are just out of their minds, that was fixed last year and we have good depth and competion there.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Derrick Dockery the Skins Guard is an interesting FA,who at 26 is a good age and would be coming into his prime soon..:l

itsguud is offline Registered User

I like the saying about beefing up the OL first. I do want to point out that everyone keeps looking back at our last five games of the season when refering to things. Personally I don't believe those games ment anything. We played 2 decent teams and 3 crap teams. I should hope we could look good against them. We need a lot more help then those of you reflecting on the last five games seem to think.

Country Guest

Dockery would be a great signing by the Rams the Derwrecking Ball is 6'6" 335lbs and mauls people all game. He and Pace would be killer together.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Dockery would be a great signing by the Rams the Derwrecking Ball is 6'6" 335lbs and mauls people all game. He and Pace would be killer together.
    I agree he would do a good job for us,he hasn't been mentioned that much in the build up to FA,which surprises me.Would like to make a run at him..:l

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    Derrick Dockery the Skins Guard is an interesting FA,who at 26 is a good age and would be coming into his prime soon..:l
    Yep. While teams are going crazy over Steinbach or Dielman, I think someone's going to get a quality player in Dockery. Biggest question especially in this market is what the price tag is going to be. I would have to assume he's a more realistic option than the former two players mentioned.

keith m. klink Guest

i think seatle and S.F. are both getting ready to throw a boatload of money at him, and it looks as if we will see alot of dockery, but not in a good way. after loosing hutchinson last year, seatle wants another OL monster star for their running game, and S.F. wants all the best FA stars they can buy, because they believe that they will take the division and make the playoffs this year, and all the money they spend would make it worth it to them .