Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

I know he isn't eligible I'm just sayin wha tyou think of him?

RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I know he isn't eligible I'm just sayin wha tyou think of him?
    I don't know. It's hard enough to tell what the first round of this draft is going to look like, let alone next year's or the year after. If he can stay healthy and prouctive he probably has a decent chance, but I honestly wouldn't know this far in advance.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Do you think it's possible that the Rams could get a shot at Mario Williams? If we drafted him, I would have no problem seeing a tranisition to the 3-4. With Hargrove moving to OLB and Williams moving into the DE position. He and DeMeco Ryans are sitting atop my board, where do you see them falling?
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Ok, now that our #11 pick is official, who is your "pre-combine", "off-the-top-of-your-head" pick for the Rams.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

now that we pick 11,i think michael huff would be a perfect choice. what are you thoughts nick?

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Bartell is going to get a ton better and Hargrove or Little could move to outside LB! Maybe both! Hargrove could even play MLB with Pisa and Little at ousde LB in the 4-3 or they could play OLB with Pisa taking the MLB spot. Atogwe and Carter will most likely be our safeties and then again Arch could move up closer to the line but, just a little undersized for a LB position!.......We better get help on the lines both Oand D whether from free agency or the draft!

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Do you think it's possible that the Rams could get a shot at Mario Williams? If we drafted him, I would have no problem seeing a tranisition to the 3-4. With Hargrove moving to OLB and Williams moving into the DE position. He and DeMeco Ryans are sitting atop my board, where do you see them falling?
    I don't see Super Mario dropping out of the top six unless he really blows his spring workouts. He'll probably be the first defensive player off of the board. But yes, Mario would be a good candidate for a 3-4 DE position. I believe he played both that and some DT in college. Whether or not Hargrove could move to OLB, I'm not sure. He was raw coming into the NFL and has spent all this time learning at RDE. To then try to change him to OLB would probably not be good for his development.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Ok, now that our #11 pick is official, who is your "pre-combine", "off-the-top-of-your-head" pick for the Rams.
    As of right now, CB/S Michael Huff. OJ Atogwe showed me a lot last night, but I'm still waiting for Jerome Carter to do the same. Huff would make a great safety, and should Carter come along enough to start, Huff could very well move to CB, if only in certain packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    now that we pick 11,i think michael huff would be a perfect choice. what are you thoughts nick?
    I agree, he'd be a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Bartell is going to get a ton better and Hargrove or Little could move to outside LB! Maybe both! Hargrove could even play MLB with Pisa and Little at ousde LB in the 4-3 or they could play OLB with Pisa taking the MLB spot. Atogwe and Carter will most likely be our safeties and then again Arch could move up closer to the line but, just a little undersized for a LB position!.......We better get help on the lines both Oand D whether from free agency or the draft!
    I disagree with some of what you've presented here. Pisa doesn't have the size or strength to play MLB, in my opinion. We don't even know if Hargrove could successfully make the transfer from DE to OLB, let alone MLB. Little as an OLB in the 4-3 doesn't strike me as a strong move either, because we'd basically be throwing away his pass rush skills. Whereas Little in the 3-4 would still be used as a pass rusher off the edge. I think some of these positions are similar enough to maybe be able to shift guys around (DE to OLB, for instance), but not as much as you're suggesting, I don't think.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Nic when we had Kevin Greene we played a 4-3 at times and he was very successful! LL has more speed and might even be the next LT if given the chance! As far as Pisa's size wasnt london a MLB?and singletary and Mills from NO's.

Nic when we had Kevin Greene we played a 4-3 at times and he was very successful! LL has more speed and might even be the next LT if given the chance!
    Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I think if you have a hole at OLB, you find an OLB. You don't move your top ten DE to OLB. But that's just my opinion.

As far as Pisa's size wasnt london a MLB?and singletary and Mills from NO's.
    You have to look at Pisa as an individual case and make a determination based on what he's done and what his skills are. Just because other short players have manned the position does nothing to change Pisa's situation.

Considering he was often injured last year from taking on blocks and engaging, so much so that he was almost moved to safety, I don't believe he'd make a good MLB.

AFter watching Alabama and DeMeco Ryans manhandle Texas tech today, I must restate it. Ryans needs to be the pick. What are some MLBs that really interest you? Freddie Roach is a beast against the run and would be a great addition. I would love to see him in Blue and Gold next season

Anyone who watched Iowa lose to Florida would have seen an amazing performance by Abdul Hodge. That boy was all over the field.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Anyone who watched Iowa lose to Florida would have seen an amazing performance by Abdul Hodge. That boy was all over the field.
    He moved up my draft board that's for sure. He very well could be the top MLB in the draft.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

how about bobby carpenter he may drop a little because of his leg but he is very good blitzing and he could help against the new age of quarterback(fast) carpenter hawk and schlegel shut down vince young in the second half of their match up.and what about schlegel? i dont think ryans would be a good addition because he isnt much of a run stopping LB from what i have heard(i have never seen him play)

i dont think ryans would be a good addition because he isnt much of a run stopping LB from what i have heard(i have never seen him play)
    Ryans is a beast in all phases. He can rush the passer, cover the flats, and he can stop the run. Remember, this Alabama defense was ranked in the top 6 in every major category, mostly due to how Ryans is able to be all over the field in a split second.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

and since im a big ten guy how about Posluzny he is undecided and i am watching the orange bowl thinking if they win he will come out(they will win)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast