Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 108
  1. #76
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Nick whats your opinion on QB Michael Robinson from Penn State?

    RamsFan16

  2. #77
    Rampage39's Avatar
    Rampage39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Nick, what do you think of Manny Lawson. been watching him at the senior bowl and hes doing pretty well. don't know if hes going to be a DE or OLB in the pros but he would be a great pickup for us in the second.

  3. #78
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Also Nick has your opinion changed about Greenway yet? I've been hearing that Greenway has been the best Linebacker at the Senior Bowl
    RamsFan16

  4. #79
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Whats your opinion on Charlie Peprah? He's a guy that I really wonder about. He has talent, but he seemed to dissapear this season.
    Seems like he could be a decent second day guy, though I wonder if he'd ever progress to anything but a back-up/special teams guy. From what I've heard, he has good ability as a tackler, so that could really make him valuable on special teams. But I wonder about his instincts because as you said he disappears at times, which is why I would relegate him as a depth player.


    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Nick whats your opinion on QB Michael Robinson from Penn State?
    Going to have to change positions at the next level. From what I've heard he's struggled passing the ball in the workouts for the Senior Bowl, but he's a very good natural athlete. He's got pretty good size if he were to convert to WR, but I'm not sure I see a team really taking a shot on him until late in the draft.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    Nick, what do you think of Manny Lawson. been watching him at the senior bowl and hes doing pretty well. don't know if hes going to be a DE or OLB in the pros but he would be a great pickup for us in the second.
    Reminds me of DeMarcus Ware or Shawne Merriman, that kind of prototype guy who would be perfect as an edge rush backer in a 3-4 defense. His performance in drills and workouts might propel him higher than he should go, but then again, after Ware and Merriman came through as rookies, I think a team will take a shot at him toward the end of the first or top of the second. Maybe a team like Pittsburgh late in the first, or if he continues to climb, a team like New England or maybe even as high as Cleveland if he skyrockets. There's a lot of buzz around him, and I don't think he makes it to us in the second.


    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Also Nick has your opinion changed about Greenway yet? I've been hearing that Greenway has been the best Linebacker at the Senior Bowl
    Greenway's done well. Has had some ups and downs. I guess he looked kind of off in drills on Monday but has been pretty consistent the rest of the week. He hasn't really risen for me. That said, I don't think DeMeco Ryans has done anything to overtake him. If anything, Ryans is falling a bit. It sounds as if he's flowing to the ball well and has been around the action, but speed limitations have really shown this week. He's certainly not the fastest guy out there, but he's been making plays. My first thought would have been a possible move inside to MLB, but then again, he came in weighing only 229 and looking fairly thin. So I dunno. I don't think either have really helped themselves that much so far. Both have had their goods and bads.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  5. #80
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    I spoke to Ryans earlier this week and he said he was really nervous about practice. I'm interested too see how he'll perform in the game. I know he was nervous about performing in front of the NFL coaches.

    Has your impression on Brodie Croyle changed at all? From everything I've heard, he was the most impressive QB at the Senior Bowl. Scouts are in love with Jay Cutler, but they continue to say that he was off an on while Brodie was on all week.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.


  6. #81
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    I spoke to Ryans earlier this week and he said he was really nervous about practice. I'm interested too see how he'll perform in the game. I know he was nervous about performing in front of the NFL coaches.

    Has your impression on Brodie Croyle changed at all? From everything I've heard, he was the most impressive QB at the Senior Bowl. Scouts are in love with Jay Cutler, but they continue to say that he was off an on while Brodie was on all week.
    Apparently Ryans had a good practice today. Did a good job locating the ball and getting to the ball carrier. I think he's the kind of player who's going to impress not in workouts as much as he does in the actual game. Ryans isn't a workout warrior, but rather a guy who is going to better his case with on the field instincts and through interviews. I honestly would love for the Rams to have either he or Greenway. My biggest concern is value. But then again, value makes no difference if you (1) get the guy you want and (2) he plays well for you.

    As for Croyle, he's had a very good week. I think he's now competing with Charlie Whitehurst for that fifth QB position, with Leinart, Young, Cutler, and Jacobs being above them, and could certainly sneak into the first day. But he weighed in at 200 pounds, and at 6'2", I wonder how he's going to hold up, especially with his injury history. Dislocated elbow, tore both ACLs. That's got to be a concern.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  7. #82
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Apparently Ryans had a good practice today. Did a good job locating the ball and getting to the ball carrier. I think he's the kind of player who's going to impress not in workouts as much as he does in the actual game. Ryans isn't a workout warrior, but rather a guy who is going to better his case with on the field instincts and through interviews. I honestly would love for the Rams to have either he or Greenway. My biggest concern is value. But then again, value makes no difference if you (1) get the guy you want and (2) he plays well for you.

    As for Croyle, he's had a very good week. I think he's now competing with Charlie Whitehurst for that fifth QB position, with Leinart, Young, Cutler, and Jacobs being above them, and could certainly sneak into the first day. But he weighed in at 200 pounds, and at 6'2", I wonder how he's going to hold up, especially with his injury history. Dislocated elbow, tore both ACLs. That's got to be a concern.
    I agree with your assesment of Ryans. He is a pure heart player who plays as hard as anyone on the field. Besides, like you said about value; what does it matter if your team is improved? D'Brickshaw Ferguson may not be good value at #1, but I'm certain that he'd do more good for the Texans than Reggie Bush will. But now, I have to answer why I prefer Ryans over Greenway. I think insinct wise, you're not going to find a better player than Ryans. He flows effortlessly to the ball and disects plays beautifully. He's also a guy who's 40 time does not accurately reflect his game speed. You wont find a guy who gets to the ball carrier quicker. This is mr problem with Greenway. He seems to lack some of that quick thought insticts. I've seen him get lost on too many play actions and he sometimes gets lost in traffic. Talent wise, Greenway is better. Overall production in their rookie years; I think it's going to be Ryans.

    Croyle has as big an arm as any QB coming out this year and a lot of potential. like you said though; he has an injury history that has haunted him. He's a tough kid who fought through a bad shoulder nearly all of his sophmore season, and has really played great in his limited time playing. He took some shots this season and he looks more durable, but I agree with you. I'd like to see him bulk up more.

    Nick, ypu've done a wonderful job helping disect various players. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.


  8. #83
    Rampage39's Avatar
    Rampage39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Nick, what do you think of vernon davis and antonio cromartie? the more i watch and read about davis i feel he can add a whole new dimension to our offense. hes only 6' 3" but hes an athletic freak ( read somewhere his vertical is 48" ) and very strong. my first pick would still be michael huff but if scotty selected vernon davis i wouldn't mind considering this draft is very deep with defensive talent. i don't know anything about cromartie other than hes huge and he missed all of last season but he has plenty of talent.
    Last edited by Rampage39; -01-27-2006 at 07:07 PM.

  9. #84
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Nick, ypu've done a wonderful job helping disect various players. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm just glad there are other Rams fans who enjoy the draft as much as I do. Besides opening day and the playoffs, this is what I look forward to most in football.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    Nick, what do you think of vernon davis and antonio cromartie? the more i watch and read about davis i feel he can add a whole new dimension to our offense. hes only 6' 3" but hes an athletic freak ( read somewhere his vertical is 48" ) and very strong. my first pick would still be michael huff but if scotty selected vernon davis i wouldn't mind considering this draft is very deep with defensive talent. i don't know anything about cromartie other than hes huge and he missed all of last season but he has plenty of talent.
    Vernon Davis - Physical FREAK of nature who is hard to bring down and can make the difficult catch. I don't know what he's going to run at the combine, but he's a 4.4 player who can get open and is a huge weapon in the passing game. I really think the Rams need to go defense with their first pick, and while I don't think TE would be as good a selection, I don't think you can argue with the idea that Davis would be a huge addition to our offense, especially with Linehan's history of utilizing tight ends in his offenses.

    Antonio Cromartie - Great size for the position. A definite first round pick before his injury. Not the fastest, and I'd be concerned about his speed after his knee injury, but he's very physical and aggressive in run support. He's going to have to have good workouts to show he's not suffering any ill effects from that injury, but he might be able to work his way back into the first round. He's a guy I could see Cleveland jumping on in the second round because Romeo Crennel loves physical corners, but Crennel might not get a chance because Antonio could be gone by then.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  10. #85
    rams_fan81's Avatar
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Age
    21
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    hey Nick, what about the safety from texas I can't think of his name but he had a awesome intercepetion in the senior bowl.

  11. #86
    Rampage39's Avatar
    Rampage39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    hey Nick, what about the safety from texas I can't think of his name but he had a awesome intercepetion in the senior bowl.
    i believe his name is cedric griffin. mike huff's safety mate.

  12. #87
    Rip32's Avatar
    Rip32 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Limerick,Ireland
    Age
    29
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    i believe his name is cedric griffin. mike huff's safety mate.

    Michael Griffin,Cedric is the corner

  13. #88
    Rip32's Avatar
    Rip32 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Limerick,Ireland
    Age
    29
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    10

    Question Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Nick,how is Ko Simpson eligable if he is a sophomore?

    :clanram:

  14. #89
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Nick what do you think of Bernard Pollard? S Purdue?
    RamsFan16

  15. #90
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

    Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    hey Nick, what about the safety from texas I can't think of his name but he had a awesome intercepetion in the senior bowl.
    Um, Michael Griffin? He's a junior but should contend to be one of the top safeties next season. Maybe a little undersized though (6'0", 205 lbs), but aggressive and, as you saw in the Rose Bowl, he can create turnovers.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rip32
    Nick,how is Ko Simpson eligable if he is a sophomore?

    :clanram:
    He sat out a year before entering college, so thus he's three years removed from high school, making him elligible.


    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Nick what do you think of Bernard Pollard? S Purdue?
    Decent late Day One strong safety prospect who could move to OLB at the pro level. Big hitter, aggressive, but lacks in coverage. If we don't resign Arch but want a similar player, draft Pollard. I'd hold my breath if I saw him covering half the field deep, though.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •