Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    dewalt_ram is offline Registered User

Re: Q&A with the Clan's Resident DraftNick

"Vince Young, QB, Texas - The Rams are not, or should not, be interested in Vince Young. But if you look at the seven teams that pick before them, at least four of them could be interested in upgrading at the QB position with either USC's Matt Leinart or Vince Young."

I stongly disagree if Vince is availible u draft him & make a blockbuster trade for PROVEN players every player in the draft is as ??? in the NFL until they PROVE themselves. I doubt Vince will be there but if he is there u draft the the BEST player & trade. Thats true for any position.

As far as Defense i say GET Greeway he grew up 20 miles from where i live now and was a dominate athlete since he started athletics.

Never got 2 watch him much in College, but he kept up what he started in HS as being a Dominate player.

Chad Greenway HS Stats

High school honors - - Three-time South Dakota all-state performer, earning first team honors as a junior and senior and third team honors as a sophomore . . . Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior . . . also Argus Leader and Sports Max Player of the Year . . . earned first team all-conference honors for three straight seasons . . . earned MVP honors and was team captain as a sophomore, junior, and senior . . . Career - - played quarterback and free safety and returned punts and kickoffs, helping prep team win two consecutive state titles as a junior and senior . . . career totals include 364 rushing attempts for 3,118 yards . . . completed 171-290 passes for 2,572 yards . . . on defense recorded 407 tackles and 23 interceptions . . . as a senior completed 62-114 passes for 1,147 yards and rushed for 1,320 yards . . . 132 tackles and four interceptions as a senior . . . also lettered in basketball, baseball and track and field.

Hodgins is offline Registered User

nick

if both jimmy williams and michael huff are avaliable at 11.

1) who do you think we should pick?

2) who do you think we will pick?

to number 1 I say williams, but to number 2 I say huff

why the seahawks still envy the rams:tongue:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I have it the other way around. I think we should take Huff, but I really have no idea who we'd be likely to take between the two. I'm no insider.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Nick another Iowa senior question. What do you think about there Senior C Brian Ferentz?
    RamsFan16

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Nick, what do u think of Anthony Schlegel of Ohio State. He's not the fastest but a great leader...He went to the air force academy and was a captain as a sophmore before he transfered to OSU.

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

Hey Nick, do you think we'll get a compensation pick for bryce fisher leaving this year? He did have a pretty impressive season for seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Nick another Iowa senior question. What do you think about there Senior C Brian Ferentz?
    As of right now, I'd be surprised to see him drafted, and I think concerns regarding his knee injury and lack of ideal size will probably keep him from making an impact at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    Nick, what do u think of Anthony Schlegel of Ohio State. He's not the fastest but a great leader...He went to the air force academy and was a captain as a sophmore before he transfered to OSU.
    I think right now projects as a mid Day Two prospect. He would be higher if not for two things - (1) the fact that he's already 25-years-old and (2) a lack of great speed and athleticism. He's a guy I could see as a later round pick for a team like New England who seem to get the best out of players that might not have the best physical tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    Hey Nick, do you think we'll get a compensation pick for bryce fisher leaving this year? He did have a pretty impressive season for seattle.
    He didn't sign a blockbuster contract, and while he had a good season, I don't think it was good enough to get us more than a fourth or fifth rounder. If we got a fourth, I'd feel lucky.

viper is offline Registered User

1) Nick, which team would be the most likely to select Huff before we get a chance and who would they be leaving on the table?

2) Of players expected to be there when the Rams select in the 1st 3 rounds, who are your current top 3 dream selections for the Rams?

1) The *****, Lions, and Cardinals are potential destinations for Huff. The ***** need help in the secondary, the Lions could use another CB and/or S, and the Cardinals may want to pair Huff with Adrian Wilson. Though I think if Huff makes it past San Fran, there's a good chance he'll slide to us, because the Lions and Cardinals probably have bigger needs. Lions need help on the offensive line and could look at Cutler while the Cardinals could take an offensive player, either RB, TE, or O-line help.

2) Forget three rounds. My ideal draft for the Rams would be...

1st- Michael Huff, DB, Texas
    -I believe Huff is a playmaking defensive back with the talent to make an immediate impact at either the free safety or strong safety position. He's excellent both in coverage and close to the line.

2nd- D'Qwell Jackson, LB, Maryland
    -At 6'1" and 231 pounds, Jackson could move to SLB for the Rams and split time with Dexter Coakley should he return to the team. He is instinctive, a good tackler, and is always around the ball.

3rd- Daryl Tapp, DE, Virginia Tech
    -I'm always apprehensive about guys who are said to have "great motors," but I think Tapp is a great pass rusher with good technique and intangibles. Could compete with Hargrove on the right side or be groomed as Little's replacement at LDE.

4th- Mike Degory, C, Florida
    -Excellent in pass protection, Degory reminds me of Andy McCollum in that he's excellent at making the line calls and has good technique. If Incognito is going to be our potential future at guard, Degory can be our future at center.

5th- Freddie Roach, MLB, Arkansas
    -Roach is a force against the run and would be a nice two-down inside linebacker. If second-round pick Jackson doesn't succeed at OLB and has to stay in the middle, Roach would at worst provide excellent depth and solid special teams play, which is still good for the fifth round.

6th- Jeff King, TE, Virginia Tech
    -King isn't going to wow you with great measurables, but when he's on the field, he seems to get the job done. He's a good blocker and I've seen him make a tough grab or two. Good red zone target at 6'5".

7th- Erik Meyer, QB, Eastern Washington
    -Despite his size, Meyer is a tough quarterback with decent scrambling ability who won't force many balls. He's a very solid late round developmental project who could compete as the Rams' #3 quarterback.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Looks good, Nick. Good value up and down the board. I especially like the 6th round pick of King.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

viper is offline Registered User

Thanks Nick. You appear to have many of our needs covered. We have so many needs it would be nice to have like 3 more picks!

It's funny, I can get so focused on the first few rounds that the later rounds seem like an after thought. But, in reality, you can really help your team if you've done your homework. Good job!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

5th- Freddie Roach, MLB, Arkansas
    -Roach is a force against the run and would be a nice two-down inside linebacker. If second-round pick Jackson doesn't succeed at OLB and has to stay in the middle, Roach would at worst provide excellent depth and solid special teams play, which is still good for the fifth round.
    I love the pick. The only problem is that Roach spent his college career at Alabama. He would, at worst, provide excellent depth. At best he could be the run stopping machine that the Rams have lacked in the middle.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    I love the pick. The only problem is that Roach spent his college career at Alabama. He would, at worst, provide excellent depth. At best he could be the run stopping machine that the Rams have lacked in the middle.
    Whoops, wrong SEC team. Heh... heh... :bored:

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Whoops, wrong SEC team. Heh... heh... :bored:
    It's ok. I can see how you get them confused.

Alabama-College Football Legend (12 National Title)

Arkansas-Plays in the SEC

I understand.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

nick when do we find out about comp picks?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast