9 11.25%
  • Tim Hiller, Western Michigan

1 1.25%
  • Tony Pike, Cincinnati

2 2.50%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Which QB Do You Want?

Which of the following QB prospects do you hope to see on the Rams in 2010?

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Re: Which QB Do You Want?

I have watched Bradford and McCoy play against Mizzou, and neither of them looked like the second coming of a Manning, Favre, or Marino to me, so they'd be out in my book. If I am not mistaken, Tebow is out of commission, so I have to wonder how he'd hold up at the next level. I don't think I know anything about the rest of them. I wish there was a "None of the above" or "Undecided".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

McCoy kicked the Tigers extremely bad last year at Austin, and has never lost to Bradford in the big game in Dallas. McCoy for me

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I love McCoy. But I think Bradford has the right skill set to run this offense. He's got all the Brady qualities.......not a big arm, but accurate, quick decision maker, and very smart.

My fear is that Bradford's injury convinces him to stick around another year in Norman. If that's the case (which I doubt), then any other QB would be a reach at the #1 spot.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

Have to go with Bradford on this one, although all three big names scare me a little, with the offenses that they run. We have to do something drastic on offense though, and I think picking the new face of the franchise has to be done.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

If the Rams are picking high in the first round (ie. top three to five picks), then I think Bradford is probably the only one that holds that kind of value right now, assuming he returns from injury without major concerns. Maybe if Jimmy Clausen keeps having a great year, he could challenge.

I'd consider McCoy if he were available in round two. I don't think he's a contender for us in the first. Just doesn't have the physical tools, IMO, to value him that highly. Snead worries me simply because he's been pretty inaccurate this season; he's completing just over 50% of his passes.

Tebow will need years of rebuilding his fundamentals if he's even going to have a chance of success at the next level. The Rams are in rebuild mode, but not THAT MUCH rebuilding, no thanks. I like Locker and Pike, but again, closer to the second round at this point.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Yes Bradford is good, but does he have a cool football name that lends itself for an even cooler football nickname like Colt "trigger" McCoy? He's a winner. Did Joe Montana have all the atypical "physical tools"? Am I saying Colt will be the next Joe Montana? YES I AM. You heard it here first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

codeman123 is offline Registered User

No love for Dan Lefevour huh?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Kirk Herbstreit predicted that Colt McCoy would be the Drew Brees of this draft Saturday. I'll take his word for it.

Come on clannies...a cross between Brady and Montana (and maybe ability to run like Vick). My goodness, what more do you want?
    Last edited by bigredman; -10-05-2009 at 10:06 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

mccoy's accuracy has been pretty inconsistent, and he has no arm strength. i don't know what's to love, maybe his ability to run in a spread option offense..i don't like it.

i picked jake locker, this guy has shown nfl accuracy on top of the ability to run, and has done it in an nfl-style offense as opposed to these spread option clowns. he doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he has more arm strength than bradford or mccoy and looks more accurate this year. i like bradford too, but i think he'll have a transition to make from college to the nfl, so i'd like to keep bulger around anyways if we grab him.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Scott Wright of nfldraftcountdown did a nice write up on Tony Pike. But even he said that he's more likely a high 2nd round pick at this point.

I'm going to withhold my vote until S. Bradford returns to playing form. Yeah, he's racked up a lot of gaudy numbers, but so did Graham Harrell and Chase Daniel which proves that numbers alone do not tell the tale.

WHAT SAY YE?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I like Bradford, but that injury has me worried.

If we can get him in round two or later, I'm all for Tim Tebow. All we need to have him do is hit quick slants and go for a long ball occasionally. He can also make plays on his feet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Yes Bradford is good, but does he have a cool football name that lends itself for an even cooler football nickname like Colt "trigger" McCoy? He's a winner. Did Joe Montana have all the atypical "physical tools"? Am I saying Colt will be the next Joe Montana? YES I AM. You heard it here first.
    What about "Yosemite Sam"? He has two guns! My Sam over here says "Sam the Ram" and the Pharoahs. He's just silly.
    Last edited by MOM; -10-05-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    mccoy's accuracy has been pretty inconsistent, and he has no arm strength. i don't know what's to love, maybe his ability to run in a spread option offense..i don't like it.
    Nah...Colt has no arm strength nor accuracy....Yeah, right! He just wins baby!
    YouTube - Texas Longhorn Colt McCoy's 78 yard TD Bomb To Jordan Shipley!
    YouTube - Colt McCoy Highlights 2008
    Last edited by bigredman; -10-05-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast