9 11.25%
  • Tim Hiller, Western Michigan

1 1.25%
  • Tony Pike, Cincinnati

2 2.50%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Which QB Do You Want?

Actually he is in therapy. Physical. He had a degenerative bone problem or something like that.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Actually, I think they have a brother who is younger than Peyton and older than Eli, who does not play football. He must be in therapy ("Why doesn't daddy love ME?!?!")
    Cooper (35), Peyton (33), Eli (28). I believe Cooper is an Energy Stock trader in New Orleans.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ok, I get to go see Clausen in person tomorrow against Washington State in San Antonio. I will be much more knowledgeable about him after this game. Maybe. Wazzu is 1-6

Saw Clausen Saturday. He's ok....nothing special. Definatley not a top ten draft pick by any means. Would rather have Golden Tate. That guy is a beast of a WR.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

22 for 27
    268 yards
    2 TDs

Pulled with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter because it was such a blowout and you didn't see enough?

Whoever the Rams pick, I hope he's better than Stafford. UGLY

It was against Washington State. They aren't that good Rebel. He was fine, but nothing I would use a top ten pick on.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Tx, who do you think is worth being in the top 10...QB that is...?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rawr is offline Registered User

As a Sooner fan, I've had the pleasure of seeing nearly ever game of two heisman winners and a heisman runner up (who in my opinion should have won it) over the last ten years. As much as I respect the first two, Bradford is without question the best one. He also has the arm strength for his production to translate to the pros unlike the other two.

Under the Stoops era, this is the most can't miss prospect outside of Adrian Peterson. Like Adrian Peterson, the only real knock you can have against the guy is injuries. I guess that is what caused him to drop in the draft (I have no clue what else would have). Anybody think some the six teams that passed on him are kicking themselves?

Peterson actually had a history of injury problems, though. He was injured multiple times in different years. Bradford has just had that shoulder problem this season. It sounds to me like everything has turned out great, and I expect him to come back perfectly fine. We'll get to see him throw again so we will know if he's not fine. I also would like to call attention to the fact that Cedric Benson did not miss a single game due to injury in his four year college career. He can't hardly stay on the field anymore. I'm not saying it has no relevance, but that seems to be the only knock on Bradford, and we can't get caught up in that.

Bradford is also a great kid, and never loses his composure. He got frustrated during the Florida game, but that is the ONLY game he ever even came close to losing his composure. In the good times and the bad times, it was always the same Sam, and when we got down he always encouraged his teammates and never blamed them. He was always polite in interviews, and was a 4.0 student.

His sophomore season was one of the most insane things I've ever seen. He threw for 50 touchdowns and only 8 interceptions with nearly a 70% completion rate and nearly had 5,000 yards. The crazy thing is, of those 8 interceptions, one came on the last play of the Texas game where he was just throwing it up, and both interceptions in the NC game were tipped balls that should have been caught. Not even all of the remaining 5 were his fault either. In the final 7 games before the NC game he had an a amazing 25 touchdowns with only 1 interception. Another nice little fact...this was the highest scoring team in college football history...and they did in the Big XII.

I really don't know how you can look at this and not be impressed-
    Last edited by Nick; -11-02-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: No links

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    Under the Stoops era, this is the most can't miss prospect outside of Adrian Peterson. Like Adrian Peterson, the only real knock you can have against the guy is injuries. I guess that is what caused him to drop in the draft (I have no clue what else would have). Anybody think some the six teams that passed on him are kicking themselves?
    It's easy to say that in hindsight. But the Vikings certainly would be kicking themselves if Peterson couldn't stay healthy, and that's a risk you take when you draft someone who is injured or has had a couple of injuries in his college career. For Peterson and the Vikings, it worked out. For other teams and other prospects, it has not. And yeah, those teams probably are kicking themselves. So you can't just look at one example and kind of shrug off the concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    Bradford has just had that shoulder problem this season.
    As a Sooner fan though, you know that the shoulder hasn't been his only injury through college. He suffered a concussion in November of 2007, tore ligaments in his non-throwing hand in November of 2008, and now has this shoulder injury that's basically sidelined him for the year. So I think it's legitimate to wonder how he's going to hold up at the next level, where he'll likely be hit much more often and much harder than he has been through 31 collegiate games. Not saying he can't hold up, but saying it has to be a concern. And when you're investing $70 million into your QB of the future, you have to weigh those concerns.

If Bradford is healthy, he's right up there as arguably the top QB prospect in this class. He may be the most accurate quarterback in this class, and I think he makes very sound decisions. But he's not healthy now, and we'll have to wait and see how he looks when he is healthy again.

I'd love to see him come back in time for the Scouting Combine and show off his arm and his accuracy, but if I were a betting man, I'd wager that he skips the workouts at the combine and just throws at his own pro day. A lot of highly touted QBs have done the same, and throwing at the combine is certainly a risk if he doesn't do well, but I think performing there would be more impressive than just waiting until his pro day and doing limited work then.

Still, if the Rams are going to consider Sam with their first round pick, they're going to have to be awfully sure about his health and his durability. Because missing with the pick of a high first round quarterback can really set your franchise back, and scouting quarterbacks who have played primarily in spread offenses is a very risky trade.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

How do some of you want McCoy over Tebow..That is insane

I want Bradford or Tebow. I will support whomever we pick, however I would love to see us draft Bradford or Tebow.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I vote "None of the above". I think that the 2010 QB class isn't quite as strong as what we need. I also believe Null may have what it takes, but needs time before he gets thrown into the fire.

You may yell at me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Tx, who do you think is worth being in the top 10...QB that is...?
    None of them really. I don't see a difference maker in any of them. I believe that McCoy, Clausen and Bradford are the best of the bunch.....but:

1. McCoy's size and the fact he's played in a spread offense scares me
    2. Clausen's decision making and lack of success in big games scares me
    3. Bradford's injury and lack of success in big games scares me

npow81 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    McCoy kicked the Tigers extremely bad last year at Austin, and has never lost to Bradford in the big game in Dallas. McCoy for me
    You're just a tad bit biased though...I am a huge Boise State fan, and as much as I would want to I would never say we should draft Kellen Moore, because he doesn't have the arm strength/size to play in the NFL, and I worry that McCoy doesn't either.

I'm not saying that I don't like McCoy or that I'm one of those guys who thinks the only qbs that are successful in the league are 6'5 rocket arm qbs, but I as much as I like McCoy's intanigbles I don't think he is past the size/arm strength threshold in order to succeed in the league.

Brees is an exception, but he really doesn't have a weak arm, and is release point makes his height a moot point.

As for Bradford, I really wish he would have played this year, because as I've said before he might be a bust, he might not be, but no one, I mean no one can make a judgment on him, especially a #1 pick judgment on him, from last year, he was rarely pressured, and mostly threw dink and dunk passes. Also, his mechanics have a long way to go (he throws basically from shoulder height.)

My vote would be Pike or Locker if we can get them in the second, if not take a stab in the 3rd or 4th and see what we find.

I picked McCoy because I had to pick a QB. Actually, I don't want a QB in the first round. I do want to draft McCoy, the DT from OU.

npow81 Guest

Oh...Ok well then we are in agreeance 100%...I'd want Gerald McCoy as well, and go for qb later (and there's no bias at all if your calling for a Sooner I suppose, I guess this means you can start shouting Boomer---Sooner, right?)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast