8 13.33%
  • Take Suh or G.McCoy/Take C.McCoy, Pike or LeFevour later

30 50.00%
  • Take Bradford

15 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    richtree is offline Registered User

Re: QB/First Pick: Four Choices

Bulger simply doesn't fit in our scheme any more.

He needs to be in a pass first, zone blocking scheme that is based on timing and quickness.

Colts and Pats use this not the Rams.

Rams are building a power game more similar to the titans.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I am all for taking Suh and then finding a QB later that can get some time behind Bulger/Feely.

I still have not totally written of Bulger.

I remember some years ago there was a former Super Bowl winner playing for the Rams. Suddenly he played bad and it was all his fault, he was washed out, he was broken people said. Guess what a few years later he wen't to another super bowl and almost won it! Maybe we should just give Bulger some weapons and a O-line that might help?

The only good thing I could say about trading for Vick is that it would mean we would also get Suh or McCoy with the nr 1. (I don't think we will be able to trade down).

I cannot see where all the Vick love comes from. He has never won anything big, never had a back to back winning season, has BIG character issues and even yesterday in the radio he more or less blamed the recievers for dropping many balls in Atlanta so that is why he was not so precise. Guess what when Ryan throws to the same receivers they catch the ball, could it be that it is because Ryan is on the money and does not run around trying to great plays all the time so that the receiver know where the ball will come from and when?

thickandthin is offline Registered User

I agree with getting Bulger weapons, I have not written him off either.. BUT our O-Line is pretty good the thing is that other teams blitz us all the time to stop SJax. I mean think about it Steven had probly his best season (not including amont of TDs) behind this line. So give our team some credit where it's needed.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    I agree with getting Bulger weapons, I have not written him off either.. BUT our O-Line is pretty good the thing is that other teams blitz us all the time to stop SJax. I mean think about it Steven had probly his best season (not including amont of TDs) behind this line. So give our team some credit where it's needed.
    I agree the O-line is getting there. But still we had two QB's going down with injuries last year. But off course if the QB has to wait for ever until somebody gets free they will be hit no matter how good the O-line.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Bulger simply doesn't fit in our scheme any more.

He needs to be in a pass first, zone blocking scheme that is based on timing and quickness.
    And what do you think the WCO is?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I selected Suh with retaining Bulger. I've lost a bit of my desire for Pike and Lefevour based on the combine and want to know more about John Skelton from Fordham. I know that is a real developmental pick, but he seems to have the tools and with good mentoring and tutoring he may become a great QB. Teams like the Pats seem to find a player like him and turn him into a great QB. Remember Brady was picked in round 6. There is no edict that says if we take Suh in round 1 that round 2 must be a QB.

Go Rams!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12