View Poll Results: The QB Issue: Which Option Do You Favor

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take Sam Bradford with the first pick.

33 50.77%
  • Take N.Suh or G.McCoy; Hope to land Clausen or C.McCoy with second pick.

29 44.62%
  • Trade for Jason Campbell before draft.

3 4.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The QB Issue: 3 Options

Which do you favor?

Re: The QB Issue: 3 Options

I'm sticking with Bradford for the simple reason that I am not confident that either Clausen or C.McCoy will be there at #33 (and I don't want to be put in a position of having to trade up to get either of them, as I think that would cost too much).

If there was a way to guarantee that either Clausen or C.McCoy would still be on the board at #33, there's a good chance that I would favor taking Suh and waiting to take a QB with the Rams' second pick.

Since there is no guarantee, I just can't get behind a strategy that could leave the Rams with no QB option other than Dan LeFevour or Tony Pike.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Just do it...

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Give me the only Franchise QB on that list Sam Bradford

chancelandusa is offline Registered User

Bradford & the rest of our picks alot of good players to get.

SUE & McCOY for me I have to try to get this done
    IMO McCoy will do well in our WCO NFL in general IMO
    SUE worse case (barring injury) will be solid best case
    dare I say live up to all the hype

huge plus on both sides of the ball

either way RAMS 2010 will have some great prospects
    at key positions CANT WAIT GO RAMS

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

As much as I like Colt McCoy, I agree with you Avenger in that nobody can be certain he'll be there at the top of round two.

With this in mind, I think we should bite the bullet, pull the trigger, extinguish all of the other military cliches and select Sam Bradford. IMO, we take the best of the rest at the top of round two.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm no GM, which is a good thing.

But I can't help but want to roll the dice on this one. Maybe McCoy isn't there at #33, but I haven't seen too many scenarios where he goes in the first. The idea of Suh/McCoy is just too appealing to me to pass it up.

Disclaimer: My opinion is nothing against Bradford (who ironically has become the safe pick over the past couple of weeks.........weird, huh?). If Bradford is a Ram, I'm cool with that too.

But HUb, what happens if we draft Suh, then McCoy is not there at #33?

Then we either draft BQBA at #33, or even ##65 (which might be Skelton, which I'm all for). Or take next year's franchise QB.

Next year's franchise QB? But we'd have to be drafting at the top of the order again next year for that to happen, HUb?

Yea, I know. Sucks; but that may be reality.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

There are three people who could alter my feelings on this. They are: Jason Campbell, Marc Bulger and Tim Tebow.

If Jason Campbell is traded to a potential landing spot for Clausen or C.McCoy, that increases the likelihood that the Rams could rely on Option 2.

If Marc Bulger is signed by a potential landing spot for Clausen or C.McCoy, that further increases the likelihood that the Rams could rely on Option 2.

And... finally... if it becomes more likely that Tebow will be selected in Round 1 (which I am frankly amazed is even being discussed), then that could also push down Clausen or McCoy, and thereby increase the likelihood that the Rams could rely on Option 2.

As it stands now, I find Option 2 to be extraordinarily tempting, but exceedingly risky.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I have voted for DT and then Colt McCoy or Clausen in round two.

Off course there is a risc that they are gone when we get to pick nr 32. In that case we can look into getting Campbell in a deal with the Skins for a nr 4 pick (we have all night to discuss this with the before the second round start).

ramstiles is offline Registered User

i would take suh and trade for campbell if he is available for a 3rd or 4th round pick

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    I have voted for DT and then Colt McCoy or Clausen in round two.

Off course there is a risc that they are gone when we get to pick nr 32. In that case we can look into getting Campbell in a deal with the Skins for a nr 4 pick (we have all night to discuss this with the before the second round start).
    You bring up a good point.

If Campbell is not traded before the draft, he could be a good backup plan in the event that the Rams take Suh and neither Clausen or C.McCoy is still there at #33. The second and third rounds are on Friday, while rounds 4-7 are on Saturday, so there would be plenty of time to work out a deal.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

My only fear if we try and get Mccoy QB in the 2nd is that we would take Mccoy DT instead of Suh in the first. Aside from that issue, if Mccoy QB wasnt there in the 2nd which I think he might if we dont take Bradford because all QBs would then slide a little IMO, we could get Cambell for a song, but hes not real popular around here.
    I would trade for Cambell now, and grab BPA through out the draft.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

I chose taking Bradford with our first pick.

Having said that I certainly have not seen any mocks lately that have Colt McCoy going anywhere near the first round.

And even though I do not espouse this view, I really don't see that taking Suh is all that much of a risk at this point.

Besides who would be a likely candidate to take McCoy in the first round? I just don't see Minnesota at this point or any of the other clubs in the 25 - 32 range.

With Bulger and Campbell available and possibly Claussen dropping a bit I see it as quite unlikely that Colt McCoy goes in the first round.

WHAT SAY YE?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'm sticking with Bradford for the simple reason that I am not confident that either Clausen or C.McCoy will be there at #33 (and I don't want to be put in a position of having to trade up to get either of them, as I think that would cost too much).
    What do you think it would cost to say trade back into round 1, (say just ahead of the Vikes at the 29th spot via the Jets), and grab McCoy? Just curious .. I voted for the Suh / quarterback scenario - and yes it's risky, but nothing ventured - nothing gained ..

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If there was a way to guarantee that either Clausen or C.McCoy would still be on the board at #33, there's a good chance that I would favor taking Suh and waiting to take a QB with the Rams' second pick.
    No guarantees Bradford will be worthy of the #1 overall either. The only guarantee will be that Sam will get a boatload of money regardless ..

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    What do you think it would cost to say trade back into round 1, (say just ahead of the Vikes at the 29th spot via the Jets), and grab McCoy? Just curious .. I voted for the Suh / quarterback scenario - and yes it's risky, but nothing ventured - nothing gained ..
    It would likely cost at least our third round pick to move up a few spots, and I'd rather not reduce the number of picks we have in the first three rounds.

No guarantees Bradford will be worthy of the #1 overall either. The only guarantee will be that Sam will get a boatload of money regardless ..
    No, the guarantee is that, if the Rams take Bradford, they'll have a young QB prospect. If they don't, they might not have the opportunity to get one at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast