View Poll Results: The QB Issue: Which Option Do You Favor

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take Sam Bradford with the first pick.

33 50.77%
  • Take N.Suh or G.McCoy; Hope to land Clausen or C.McCoy with second pick.

29 44.62%
  • Trade for Jason Campbell before draft.

3 4.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: The QB Issue: 3 Options

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    It would likely cost at least our third round pick to move up a few spots, and I'd rather not reduce the number of picks we have in the first three rounds.
    I hear you that we need a lot more talent, but Suh and McCoy would be a pretty good start .. On the other hand there's no guarantee either one of those guys will be Pro Bowlers either. Obviously it will boil down to what Billy and Spags really feel about the top 2010 qb prospects, which currently, no one really knows ..

No, the guarantee is that, if the Rams take Bradford, they'll have a young QB prospect. If they don't, they might not have the opportunity to get one at all.
    There's much to be said for the "bird in hand" theory .. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next two weeks ..

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I voted for the 2nd option.

1. Take Bradford with the 1st pick:
    Kiper has me wondering if Bradford is in fact the slam dunk pick as far as the QB's go. He and a few of the other experts have Clausen rated above Bradford.

2. Suh/McCoy and hope Clausen and/or McCoy is available in the 2nd round:
    Seems like Suh/McCoy with the 1st pick is the safest way to go. It is a gamble that Clausen/McCoy will be available but I have to believe 1 of 3 top rated QB's (Bradford, Clausen, McCoy) will be there in the top of the 2nd round.

3. Trade for Jason Campbell:
    NO, NO, NO....I definitely don't want to trade any of our draft picks to bring Campbell on board.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

FWIW, here's an on point comment from Mike Sando at ESPN.com:

jesse (sactown)
    Should the Rams gamble and take Ndamukong Suh with the first pick and try and get Colt McCoy in the second round?

Mike Sando (1:35 PM)
    Not sure they could stomach the suspense. Failing to get a quarterback in the first two rounds would be devastating from a P.R. standpoint and arguably from a football standpoint. I just don't think the Rams would feel comfortable rolling the dice that way. They would probably have to trade up from 33 to get Colt McCoy anyway.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

I say we stick with Bradford. Kiper and the ESPN draft analyst switch their draft boards daily and frankly, nothing they have to say, sways me (or the Rams FO im sure) in any way.

When you have a chance to take a guy you really like, you take him. Plain and simple. I dont think its wise to draft based on "what-ifs". We have a young late round guy in Keith Null already, if you can't get a top guy then why draft a late round guy at all? If All 3 QBs dont get out of the first round then the Rams are stook looking silly with their thumb up their butts.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

IMO why hope to land your Franchise QB when you could actually land your Franchise QB. Its not like another team is in our way at number, but 31 others would be at 33. I don't see Claussen falling all the way down to 33. I think someone will trade up if they see him fall to reasonable trading partner.

I can't say I am a huge McCoy fan so even if he was available at the top of the second I wouldn't really want him.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Interesting poll results so far. Right now, its tied 23 to 23 between voters who would take Bradford and voters who would take Suh/G.McCoy and fill the QB slot with Clausen, C.McCoy or Campbell.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Bradford. I like Colt's potential, but frankly I just don't have the confidence level to vest the future of the franchise in him. If we went with Suh and Colt, I'd still feel that we had done much to bolster our team, but I would also be prepared for the increased possibility that we might have to attempt to address the quarterback position again in a few years. I wouldn't be disappointed either way, but I would be disappointed if we brought in Campbell to start.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    IMO why hope to land your Franchise QB when you could actually land your Franchise QB. Its not like another team is in our way at number, but 31 others would be at 33. I don't see Claussen falling all the way down to 33. I think someone will trade up if they see him fall to reasonable trading partner.

I can't say I am a huge McCoy fan so even if he was available at the top of the second I wouldn't really want him.
    If Billy and Spags see Sam as head and shoulders above the rest of the 2010 qb class, then that's probably our pick .. However, some of the so called draft pundits don't have Bradford rated as the top guy, just as there are some folks here at Clan Ram who aren't convinced he's the best option. Whomever we select with our first overall pick (assuming we don't trade down), I'll root for. If we take Bradford instead of Suh, then so be it. I don't think we'll find out until draft day though. Billy is doing his due diligence as he should be .. I can't wait to see what player we take with our #1 overall.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: The QB Issue: 3 Options

I'm sticking with Bradford for the simple reason that I am not confident that either Clausen or C.McCoy will be there at #33 (and I don't want to be put in a position of having to trade up to get either of them, as I think that would cost too much).

If there was a way to guarantee that either Clausen or C.McCoy would still be on the board at #33, there's a good chance that I would favor taking Suh and waiting to take a QB with the Rams' second pick.

Since there is no guarantee, I just can't get behind a strategy that could leave the Rams with no QB option other than Dan LeFevour or Tony Pike.

Well said, I agree.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I believe if your in a position like the Rams are, with the QB position so bare, and your using premium draft picks looking for someone to build the team round the next decade.
    You must go with the better prospect regardless of draft positions.
    We must come out of this draft with the right QB. Their is too many if's and but's about a truly monumental need, hopeing that a player is still there in the 2nd?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Suh or G. McCoy then Colt. Doubt Colt gets by Minnesota but if he does and this plays out, the Rams will be better off.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I picked QB S. Bradford.

This is the only way to keep most Ram fans Happy.
    Most fans don't give enough time for a QB to develope before wanting him cut.
    It's O.K. to throw a QB to the Wolves of the NFL if you have a great team around him (jets, steelers, and ravens) as examples.

I'll like the Rams whatever they do. I'm a huge ram fan . i don't care if they move to another city again. Cleveland - L.A. - Anihiem - St. Louis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12