Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    keith m. klink Guest

QB problem anyone ?

It seems many here feel BULGER is fine , we just need an ALL NEW O-LINE or at least some receivers that are not rookie idiots that can't run routes or play pro ball ( still wondering why there here on the team )

I myself feel that the receiving corps was one of the best positions on the offense this year. ( my opinion )

But DOES ANYONE besides me see a total trainwreck at QB . Do we have a solid #2 , and what about #3. If BULGER -GREEN-BERLIN is good with you , everyone dance a happy dance for me because i just don't see this as acceptable.

If we are intent on keeping BULGER because of his 10 million dollar cap , fine" just fill in the rest of the 2 spots with a young solid 2nd stringer and draft a rookie in the mid to late rounds to start grooming as a backup or whatever. But just do something with what i see as a big big problem if BULGER goes down again.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: QB problem anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    I myself feel that the receiving corps was one of the best positions on the offense this year. ( my opinion )
    That's not really saying much, since we have so many problems everywhere.

Our TEs are in bad shape. Randy is injured, Klop can't do anything, Becht is only good for blocking, and Fells isn't even used. Of course anyone would pick our receiving corps over the TEs.

Our o-line has been unstable, and allowed too many sacks. We can't open up lanes for Jackson, and we can't protect the QB. So of course the receving corps are better.

Our running back Steven Jackson was injured for 4-5 games, so of course our receving corps are better. Pittman hasn't looked very good, and Darby isn't a starter in the NFL.

Anyone would think our receiving corps are our best offensive position, because compared to everything else on the offense, they look stellar. But when you evaluate them singlely, then you find plenty of problems.

The rookie receivers are here because Devaney thinks they have POTENTIAL to be a good NFL receiver. But they don't turn into that overnight. They develop these things with good coaching and experience, and practice.

I agree with you about us drafting a QB in the mid rounds. That's the smart decision, as he will develop, while not taking any hits.

keith m. klink Guest

What do you mean that isn't saying much. I'm talking about the people that think our rookies are idiots and can't play yet. These guy's have made the most strides on the offense .Yes , there are growing pains with almost every position depending on who ya draft, but i give our ROOKIE credit for there production this year even with injuries to them both from the start of training camp,and even with all the O-LINE - QB and RB woes , I thought they did a very good job.

That being said , our O-LINE again was dismal , whatever lineup was in there it was not good. and if you tell me that our LINE doesn't have the talent that the receivers have , than your just off your rocker . our line has talent , our RB's have some talent, but i still think the receivers did the best with the LEAST .

Now if ya go back and look , it was about the QUARTERBACK position.
    and the problems with it that i see will haunt us unless changes are made. At least to the 2nd and 3rd QB's .

Mooselini is offline Registered User

We have way too many needs on this team. OL being the priority. Everytime Bulger stepped on the field, he was looking to get sacked.

Trust me when I say this. I am a huge Marc Bulger fan. Have been since he took the realms of this team. But if he blows it next year, I think we can call it quits. We need to look for a QB of the future no doubt.

I have to agree, Green and Berlin are not going to make it on this team next year. I really hope we get a QB to groom for this team, also just incase Bulger gets his brain scrambled again.

QB will be a position we draft this year. Just not before round three. We could get three solid starters in those three rounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

keith m. klink Guest

We all have been throwing some QB 's in the draft out there , but what about some FA 's to maybe replace GREEN or BERLIN at least . I think WARNER or CASSELL are the only starters that are doing well for the FA's i believe . But i think someone like a CHRIS SIMMS might be around and not expensive as a #2 or #3 . You guy's throw out some FA's we might have use of as our backups if 1 or more leave this year .

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    If you mean that the receivers on this team didn't perform particularly well, but were better than other poorer units that were more disappointing, I might be tempted to agree. But I would not agree at all if you're saying that 2008 was a good year for the Rams receivers. Perhaps that's another topic, though.

I agree completely that we need to replace Berlin with a young guy we can groom for the future. Start looking on the second day, IMO. Green proved to be even worse than Bulger under an offensive coordinator he was more familiar with. That said, is there a better option for the back-up job in free agency? Maybe you could get an old man like Jeff Garcia to come here and wind down his career backing up Bulger with the possibility of playing time due to injury or poor play. But we may be stuck with Green as the back-up in 2009.

keith m. klink Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If you mean that the receivers on this team didn't perform particularly well, but were better than other poorer units that were more disappointing, I might be tempted to agree. But I would not agree at all if you're saying that 2008 was a good year for the Rams receivers. Perhaps that's another topic, though.

I agree completely that we need to replace Berlin with a young guy we can groom for the future. Start looking on the second day, IMO. Green proved to be even worse than Bulger under an offensive coordinator he was more familiar with. That said, is there a better option for the back-up job in free agency? Maybe you could get an old man like Jeff Garcia to come here and wind down his career backing up Bulger with the possibility of playing time due to injury or poor play. But we may be stuck with Green as the back-up in 2009.
    Oh no no no no no , this was a horrid year ! When HOLT leads the team with 60 or so catches . that is not a good year for the RAMS at all. No i thouht that the young receivers did quite well .

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Honestly, Bulger has no heart and even less talent. He is only good in a Mike Martz timing offense. With that being said, the Rams MUST have a left tackle before they bring in a franchise quarterback. So if they can get a solid LT in free agency, then they should not hesitate to draft Bradford or Stafford at #2. BUT if they cannot get someone from FA (which is very likely) then Andre Smith is the only choice. As a true Rams fan, i can honestly say the Orlando pace is DONE. We cannot make the same mistake that Detroit did and throw a franchise QB into a system with no LT. It ruined Joey Harrington's career and set the lions back five years(along with drafting c. rogers and Mike Williams), and if the rams throw Bradford or Stafford in there the same thing will happen to us. Another example of a Franchise QB with a bad o-line is David Carr in Houston. Another option could be to draft a QB at two, then trade our second and fourth rounders to get back into the first to get j. smith. Anything less than j. smith, oher, monroe, or a. smith will not be a franchise LT. BULGER is not the answer.

chndlr54 is offline Registered User

O line my butt look at the steelers o line lead the league in sacks allowed.They still made the play offs with defense not offense.We need a QB,not excuses.Our defense is full of holes.Our d backs are poor and the run defense is terrible.New coaching might help more than anything.Get Marty or Ryan and maybe we wll get another superbowl.

ENN107 is offline Registered User

We need a QB that is willing to compete. Can anyone tell me the last time he broke a tackle or did anything close to motivating his team. He is the quarterback which means he is responsible for his offense. I'm not a Tebow fan but he could teach Marc a thing or two

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    Honestly, Bulger has no heart and even less talent. He is only good in a Mike Martz timing offense.
    NO heart?? The guy played nearly a full season with broken ribs in 2007, KNOWING he was going to get clobbered every other dropback. It would have been easy for him to pack it in, but he chose to play. And as good as Bulger was in the Mike Martz offense, he had his best statistical year in Linehan's system and was named to the Pro Bowl. We've seen what Bulger can do when given half a chance. He's not blameless, but he's far from being the biggest problem the Rams offense has.

bigredman is offline Registered User

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Honestly, Bulger has no heart and even less talent. He is only good in a Mike Martz timing offense. With that being said, the Rams MUST have a left tackle before they bring in a franchise quarterback. So if they can get a solid LT in free agency, then they should not hesitate to draft Bradford or Stafford at #2. BUT if they cannot get someone from FA (which is very likely) then Andre Smith is the only choice. As a true Rams fan, i can honestly say the Orlando pace is DONE. We cannot make the same mistake that Detroit did and throw a franchise QB into a system with no LT. It ruined Joey Harrington's career and set the lions back five years(along with drafting c. rogers and Mike Williams), and if the rams throw Bradford or Stafford in there the same thing will happen to us. Another example of a Franchise QB with a bad o-line is David Carr in Houston. Another option could be to draft a QB at two, then trade our second and fourth rounders to get back into the first to get j. smith. Anything less than j. smith, oher, monroe, or a. smith will not be a franchise LT. BULGER is not the answer.
    Have you watch the steelers play? Ben holds the ball forever...... Poor example....

Your probably one of the guys who wanted Warner gone.... Lets hope the Rams keep giving up on players way too soon and not pay the ones they should ieeee K. Warner, L. Fletcher, should we add Bulger now or later?

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Your probably one of the guys who wanted to run Warner out of town. Lets see if the Rams can continue to repeat history of running players out of town before they're done or not paying the talent they should ie.... Warner, Bruce, and Flecther.... when should we add Bulger to the list now or later?

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Your probably one of the guys who wanted to run Warner out of town. Lets see if the Rams can continue to repeat history of running players out of town before they're done or not paying the talent they should ie.... Warner, Bruce, and Flecther.... when should we add Bulger to the list now or later?

Madison Hedgecock, Kevin Curtis, Dre Bly... in recent memory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast