throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: QB problem anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by ENN107 View Post
    We need a QB that is willing to compete. Can anyone tell me the last time he broke a tackle or did anything close to motivating his team. He is the quarterback which means he is responsible for his offense. I'm not a Tebow fan but he could teach Marc a thing or two
    There were several scrambles this year that could indeed have been rallying points. One in particular comes to mind when he ran for a first down, taking a big hit for in the process. Sadly, the play was called back when Incognito "intensely" held an opponent IIRC.

Unfortunately for Bulger, many members of this team appear to be unmotivatable. I think you could shoot one of them (to emphasize that you mean business) point a gun at another, and that one still would not be motivated to excel. Needless to say, breaking a tackle won't motivate those jokers either.

smizzhfx. Bly is overrated.
    Last edited by PeoriaRam; -01-11-2009 at 03:38 AM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    Honestly, Bulger has no heart and even less talent. He is only good in a Mike Martz timing offense. With that being said, the Rams MUST have a left tackle before they bring in a franchise quarterback. So if they can get a solid LT in free agency, then they should not hesitate to draft Bradford or Stafford at #2. BUT if they cannot get someone from FA (which is very likely) then Andre Smith is the only choice. As a true Rams fan, i can honestly say the Orlando pace is DONE. We cannot make the same mistake that Detroit did and throw a franchise QB into a system with no LT. It ruined Joey Harrington's career and set the lions back five years(along with drafting c. rogers and Mike Williams), and if the rams throw Bradford or Stafford in there the same thing will happen to us. Another example of a Franchise QB with a bad o-line is David Carr in Houston. Another option could be to draft a QB at two, then trade our second and fourth rounders to get back into the first to get j. smith. Anything less than j. smith, oher, monroe, or a. smith will not be a franchise LT. BULGER is not the answer.
    Let me get this straight. You want to get rid of Bulger and draft a rookie to come in here and lead this team. Seems to me as a true Rams fan you havnt even been watching Rams games. Bulger had his best statistical year under Loserhan not Martz. As for o-lines ruining franchise qb's. How come you say a bad o-line can ruin a franchise qb like Harrington and Carr but isnt responsible for making Bulger play poorly? Can poor o-lines only make rookie qb's look bad? Hmmm...blame the o-line for Carr and Harrington but blame Bulger even though our o-line was terrible. I agree that a qb of the future needs to be drafted just not at no 2 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by ENN107 View Post
    We need a QB that is willing to compete. Can anyone tell me the last time he broke a tackle or did anything close to motivating his team. He is the quarterback which means he is responsible for his offense. I'm not a Tebow fan but he could teach Marc a thing or two .
    I see Bulger avoid a lot of sacks but Bulger haters never seem to see anything he does except get sacked and throw int's. Tebow could teach Bulger how to be a completely different qb? Wow he can turn Bulger from a pocket passer to a scrambler who will never be good in the NFL, man now that sounds promising. Lets bring in Tebow to show Bulger how to avoid sack but still suck in the NFL.

Funny last year people were saying Jackson needed to be replaced and everybody wanted Mcfadden. How did that turn out for the Raiders? Last time I checked I dont think Mcfadden was the next Peterson. Now everyone wants to ditch Bulger and draft a rookie. Sure lets draft one in rounds two, or three. Hey we gave up on Kurt Warner too for the same reasons most of you are ready to give up on Bulger now. How is Kurt making out???
    Just Fix It

A-Web is offline Registered User

New to this forum, but since this is a topic that I have an opinion in, I figured it would be a good time to jump in. I am persuadable and see both sides to most things. In this case, Rammiser;

"Funny last year people were saying Jackson needed to be replaced and everybody wanted Mcfadden. How did that turn out for the Raiders? Last time I checked I dont think Mcfadden was the next Peterson. Now everyone wants to ditch Bulger and draft a rookie. Sure lets draft one in rounds two, or three. Hey we gave up on Kurt Warner too for the same reasons most of you are ready to give up on Bulger now. How is Kurt making out??? "

your opinion is led to believe you feel that Jackson and Bulger are the offensive tandem of the Rams future. I never heard anyone praise McFadden as a potential Ram, but if that was the case, is it even fair to judge McFadden vs Peterson? Look at the difference in where each went. Peterson went into an established Minnesota team that needs only a passing game to make it all the way, whereas McFadden went into the horrid (but better than St.Louis Rams) Oakland Raiders. Where the quarterback of the future keeps getting set back by either injury or injustice by the owner. As for Bulger, I do not believe Tebow could teach bulger anything. Bulger doesn't weigh (whatever it is Tebow weighs) and isn't structured the same. It would be a joke to see him try to run the ball even 10% of the ammount Tebow did in college. (For the record, Tebow, in my opinion, will end up being converted to a different position, or won't find much of his potential in the NFL. TE sounds like a good fit. Could play as a go to checkdown like Gonzalez, but with size.) Bulger is a good passer, and under a good coach, with a good offensive line, that's all you need. Problem is, the Rams don't have that offensive line. The other thing you have to take in to effect is the NFL and Fads / Trends. Did you see what happened when the Dolphins brought out that annoying wildcat formation this year? Everyone seemingly HAD to add some wildcat plays to their playbook. I believe a similar trend is going to be starting in regards to teams that are failing. (See equation immediately below for details)

To solve a problem, sometimes it is good to find an example from history, and review the resolution found in the past. So in this case, we'll take...the Falcons, Ravens, Miami, etc. All teams that were failing for repeated seasons switched up the personnel, brought in a new QB, and suddenly, instant changes occured. Is this entirely because of that one change, doubtful, but no one really pays attention to that fact. Thus, we can now use our problem and identify how to solve it.

Not good season = Bad team. Bad team + multiple seasons = Horrible team
    If horrible team + New QB = New attitude, and New attitude + New season = good year. So the new fad would be based on the belief that;

good season:good team::bad season:bad team, than a New QB = Good team.

Something to watch.

Jackson has been hurt, when he plays, he averages stats equal to the top 5 RBs in the league. This is with the fact that he is playing behind a pathetic O-line, and no passing game to keep the defense honest. Fix the O-line, and I believe you could cure the team. Bulger is overpaid, and not a franchise QB like some hoped he would become, but he is still a talented QB, and could take you to the Superbowl is given enough to work with. The Rams defense gets a lot blame, but realize that they are on the field 80% of the game because the offense can't produce first downs. It's not fair to blame them for making some mistakes after being completely worn down from not getting off the field. The offensive line needs cured. I was hoping we would have picked up Jake Long in the draft of 2008, so maybe they'll get it right this time around. I agree with the fact that Pace is washed up, and cannot remain consistantly in the starting lineup, and so therefor, a new line needs to be formed.

This is A-Web, signing off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12