throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ENN107 Guest

Lightbulb QB is the rams biggest need

As everyone is aware this team has a lot of holes and to me the biggest need is at quarterback. Marc Bulger is depressing to watch. This man will drop back to pass and then fall down as soon as he is touched and those 13 interceptions to 11 touchdowns don't help either. Back in the day his selling point was his accuracy but he hasn't completed 60% since 2006. He's not the same player he once was. And to think drafting Andre Smith would fix this problem is absurd. I understand due to cap restraints we can't cut him but we do need a replacement. We need a guy who can lead this team next year and beyond. Personally I think it comes down to one of two guys, either Stafford or Bradford, assuming he declares. We need a quarterback then everything else.

bigredman Guest

Re: QB is the rams biggest need

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ENN107 View Post
    As everyone is aware this team has a lot of holes and to me the biggest need is at quarterback. Marc Bulger is depressing to watch. This man will drop back to pass and then fall down as soon as he is touched and those 13 interceptions to 11 touchdowns don't help either. Back in the day his selling point was his accuracy but he hasn't completed 60% since 2006. He's not the same player he once was. And to think drafting Andre Smith would fix this problem is absurd. I understand due to cap restraints we can't cut him but we do need a replacement. We need a guy who can lead this team next year and beyond. Personally I think it comes down to one of two guys, either Stafford or Bradford, assuming he declares. We need a quarterback then everything else.
    we need to address the line first!
    not so that Bulger is more productive as even with protection i dont think we can expect too much from him but we need to help the one player that truly has elite ability on our team ..Steven Jackson, to open up some lanes for him!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ENN107 View Post
    You mean the Stafford that has never won a big game or played for his Conference Championship (What leadership!)? That Stafford? Or the Bradford who is a product of a system that has never produced a successful NFL QB and who looked positively pedestrian when confronted with a competent collegiate defense? That Bradford?

How about we fix the line and not pay either of those two jokers $60 million to fail for us.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    You mean the Stafford that has never won a big game or played for his Conference Championship (What leadership!)? That Stafford? Or the Bradford who is a product of a system that has never produced a successful NFL QB and who looked positively pedestrian when confronted with a competent collegiate defense? That Bradford?

How about we fix the line and not pay either of those two jokers $60 million to fail for us.
    Thank You just another stupid Bulger thread. Fix the o-line first and not waste 60 million on a guy no one knows will even be successful. Don't let Ryan and Flacco fool you, that doesnt happen very often in the NFL. Our o-line needs to be fixed and the thread creator would be stupid not to see that.
    Just Fix It

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

We do not need a new QB. What we need is fans that don't pretend to know more about football than our coaches, players, and Devaney.

A-Web is offline Registered User

Lets look at it this way. In agreeance (spelling?) with RamsFanSam, if the fans don't improve, in the upcoming years, expect a certain longhaul back west to LA. LA has an approved stadium plan this time around, and they will follow whatever the NFL gives them. Returning the Rams to their second home would revive alot of support, as well as maybe rejuvenate the program. I almost hope this happens sooner than later. As a fan not native to STL, I don't get to see many games anyways, and a nice new stadium in LA would be a trip worth making. Not to mention, I still feel like Georgia did the team and her husband some injustices in moving the team from it's heartland just because she wanted it in her hometown (ouch.) It is sad that she has since passed on, but I would hope that her children would respect their father's original decision, and return the team to where they should rightfully be.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post

Bradford did not look pedestrian against Florida, his receivers did. He threw some beautiful balls out there, only to have them dropped.

Also, if the Rams go another year relying solely on Bulger I won't be around to watch it. Not going to do it.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    Bradford did not look pedestrian against Florida, his receivers did. He threw some beautiful balls out there, only to have them dropped.

Also, if the Rams go another year relying solely on Bulger I won't be around to watch it. Not going to do it.
    It's been nice knowing you then. We'll have his replacement picked up in the middle rounds, but I doubt they'll be thrown in during the season.

SJacks039 Guest

Bulger is bad but there are many other needs to start fixing a team like this.One more year of blulger then we need a replacement. As for the fans getting better? What the hell is that richie incognito on the post? How about the team gets better then the fans can get better. we went 3-13 then we got even worse 2-14.
    Bradford is accurate and i think he can be a vevry good nfl qb. There are many other places to start like Aaron curry linebacker, andre smith, michael oher, personally i like aaron curry.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Mmkay, see ya later!

shower beers is offline Registered User

The (Clan)Rams biggest need this off season is something new to talk about.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Our biggest weapon is our RB. Our OL is bottom 5 in the league at best. How exactly is QB our biggest need?

bigredman Guest

YouTube - Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Them Goodbye
    Last edited by bigredman; -01-11-2009 at 05:43 PM.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Hmm how about some Bulger haters that think Bulger is the problem, read this.

My Opinion of Bulger

Sheesh. I'm sick of people who want to draft a multimillionare rookie QB. That option won't fix anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast