GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

QB Scenario in Draft

Back in '07 Russell and Quinn were regarded as the top 2 QB's in the draft. Some mocks had them both going in the top 3, others had them going in the top 10. But as we all saw, Quinn slipped into the 20s and was drafted as the Browns traded up to get him. I feel that this years top QB's Bradford and Clausen could possibly find themselves in a somewhat similar boat. So my questions are:

Which one of those two do you think would have a high chance of sliding on draft day?

Is there one of them that you would be willing to trade up back into the 1st to acquire, much like the Browns did in 07?

and

Where would you be willing to trade up to to ensure that you could draft one (ex. trading up to 20, 25, 27 etc.)?

Thoughts?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: QB Scenario in Draft

I think Bradford is more likely to drop given his health concerns. If he does not look 100% when he works out, teams may shy away from him.

If this were to occur, but Bradford's doctors were confident that he'll be 100% by training camp, I'd trade up from #33 to #20 if he were still on the board.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If this were to occur, but Bradford's doctors were confident that he'll be 100% by training camp, I'd trade up from #33 to #20 if he were still on the board.
    That's a scenario I'm certainly hoping and praying for. Suh at #1 then trade up for Bradford would mean an A++ draft in my eyes. However, given the amount of time Bradford has had to rehab his injury, unless he has a huge setback he should be medically cleared prior to the draft. Whether he is able to fully workout and show scouts he can make all the NFL throws is another issue.

sdobbers Guest

How interested are the Redskins in Bradford at the moment? I remember reading that Bradford's doctor is also the Redskin's team doctor. If the Redskins are interested in him, then I don't see them passing on him especially since they have extra insight to his injury situation. However, if they are interested in him but feel his rehab isn't going that well and decide to pass on him...then I could see him slip really far. Other teams would likely pass on him too then, if his own doctor doesn't feel he's ready.

sakl18 is offline Registered User

I think that the one to fall would be Bradford. However, ike itwas said before, the Redskins probably have Bradford high on their boards, and i don't expecto see Campbell back next year. I think the biggest problem wwould face intrading up isthat the Seahaks picktwice at 6 and 16 (I think) and can't see thempassing ona QB twice inthe first round.