Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: QB WATCH '09: Tracking the Top Prospects

Updating w/ performances from this past weekend...

Clausen: vs. Washington State (118th pass defense)
    Clausen went 22/27 for 268 yards and 2 touchdowns in a 40-14 win over Washington State.

McCoy: @ Oklahoma State (106th pass defense)
    McCoy went 16/21 for 171 yards and 1 touchdown in a 41-14 win over Oklahoma State. McCoy also gained 34 yards on 11 rushing attempts.

Tebow: vs. Georgia (90th pass defense)
    Tebow went 15/21 for 164 yards and 2 touchdowns in a 41-17 win over Georgia. He also had 85 rushing yards and 2 rushing touchdowns on 18 attempts.

Tony Pike and Sam Bradford were both out with injury, and Jake Locker was on his bye week.

richtree is offline Registered User

Imagine playing Teabow at Strong Safety and letting him just pound WR over the middle., lol !

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Maybe Tebow can be the next big thing at middle linebacker.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Update from this weekend's games...

Locker vs. UCLA (35th ranked pass D): 23/40 for 235 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT (LOSS)
    Clausen vs. Navy (36th ranked pass D): 37/51 for 452 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT (LOSS)
    McCoy vs. UCF (85th ranked pass D): 33/42 for 470 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT (WIN)
    Tebow vs. Vandy (29th ranked pass D): 15/20 for 208 yds, 1 TD (WIN)
    Pike vs. UConn (72nd ranked pass D): Did not play

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Update from this weekend's games...

Locker vs. UCLA (35th ranked pass D): 23/40 for 235 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT (LOSS)
    Clausen vs. Navy (36th ranked pass D): 37/51 for 452 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT (LOSS)
    McCoy vs. UCF (85th ranked pass D): 33/42 for 470 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT (WIN)
    Tebow vs. Vandy (29th ranked pass D): 15/20 for 208 yds, 1 TD (WIN)
    Pike vs. UConn (72nd ranked pass D): Did not play
    I was disappointed that Clausen couldn't score in the first 3 quarters, or whatever. But I gotta say...He has heart and he is TOUGH. I think he'll do well, to be honest. He was great apparently in the 4th, I didn't get to see all of it but it shows resilience in a leader which is exactly what the Rams' new QB needs as a quality.

Didn't see Locker, but those stats aren't bad at all...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I was disappointed that Clausen couldn't score in the first 3 quarters, or whatever. But I gotta say...He has heart and he is TOUGH. I think he'll do well, to be honest. He was great apparently in the 4th, I didn't get to see all of it but it shows resilience in a leader which is exactly what the Rams' new QB needs as a quality.

Didn't see Locker, but those stats aren't bad at all...
    Mr. Heart and leadership fumbled on the Navy 2 in the 3rd quarter, and gave up the game-deciding safety with a minute left.

He is also the first Notre Dame starting QB since the 1960s to graduate without beating Navy in South Bend.

richtree is offline Registered User

I may take some flack for this, but I now watch McCoy's every throw and the more and more I watch him I don't think he can play at the next level at all.

If you were to rank the top 7 NFL QB prospects, he has one of the weakest arms, and seems to be a college guy running a really good team.

I admire Claussen's ability even in defeat. He showed a lot of hart playing hurt and trying to come back.

I am a Florida State fan so i have no loyalties to any Prospect.

I really want to see Tony Pike more .....

I think the only QB worthy of a top 5 pick at this time is Claussen.

Can't wait til the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Mr. Heart and leadership fumbled on the Navy 2 in the 3rd quarter, and gave up the game-deciding safety with a minute left.

He is also the first Notre Dame starting QB since the 1960s to graduate without beating Navy in South Bend.
    I saw that. That's where he got injured and it looked serious.

And he still played.

We don't know what kind of conditions these guys are playing under either, I bet he's in pain and he's still doing a good job as far as I'm concerned. It's not like he's got the most talented team in the world either.

I didn't see the safety, but whatever. I am still impressed with this guy.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

He should have been holding the ball tighter when he fumbled, but the safety there wasn't really alot he couldve done. Both ends got penetration and were closing in he couldve taken a big hit and sack it would have be a safety anyway, he could have thrown it away and it would have been grounding also a safety, and worst of all he could have forced and with him being so close the worst possible scenario would have happened a pick six. His play calling and his line let him down wasn't his fault the fumble was his fault. He threw one pick where his receiver was blocking instead of looking for the ball, how that happens and I don't know.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I saw that. That's where he got injured and it looked serious.

And he still played.
    So does Bulger. We still revile him anyway. Color me unimpressed if somebody else does this.

We don't know what kind of conditions these guys are playing under either, I bet he's in pain and he's still doing a good job as far as I'm concerned. It's not like he's got the most talented team in the world either.
    Notre Dame recruiting class ranks (Rivals): 2006-8, 2007-8, 2008-2(!) 2009-21

Lack of talent is not an excuse. At all. The fact of the matter is that Notre Dame is unable to play to its talent, and finds itself in situations where late comebacks are needed to defeat lesser opponents. Notre Dame was at home playing a team that lost to Temple last week. This is not a good job. NFL teams are not going to let you come back late.

I didn't see the safety, but whatever. I am still impressed with this guy.
    The safety was the second sack in a row; in both cases he held onto the ball way too long. Also, if Notre Dame doesn't convert their onside kick attempt on the free kick, the game ends and the score doesn't even look close.

So does Bulger. We still revile him anyway. Color me unimpressed if somebody else does this.

Notre Dame recruiting class ranks (Rivals): 2006-8, 2007-8, 2008-2(!) 2009-21

Lack of talent is not an excuse. At all. The fact of the matter is that Notre Dame is unable to play to its talent, and finds itself in situations where late comebacks are needed to defeat lesser opponents. Notre Dame was at home playing a team that lost to Temple last week. This is not a good job. NFL teams are not going to let you come back late.

The safety was the second sack in a row; in both cases he held onto the ball way too long. Also, if Notre Dame doesn't convert their onside kick attempt on the free kick, the game ends and the score doesn't even look close.
    Fair enough. All I know is that I like the guy. He's got a great arm and I think he's a talented player.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You realize it takes more than just heart and determination to become a successful NFL player though, right? There are numerous guys with heart and determination that can't make it in the league. You keep making it sound like it's okay that Tebow had poor fundamentals and no experience in a pro-style offense because his heart and determination will just automatically make him a good NFL QB. It doesn't really work that way.
    Now that you put it that way, I can think of a current NFL team that perfectly illustrates your point ..

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Was not impressed by how Jevan Snead played today against Tenessee. IMO, he's a round 2-3 guy so far. Nothing special from what I've seen in today's game.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I wasnt impressed by claussen in the least, i only caught the second half and it looked like his Ot's played horribly tonight. Made some bad decisions and held on to the ball way to long on some plays.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'd rather have Golden Tate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12