Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB's

Alec22 is offline Registered User

QB's

This is assuming the rams draft Suh #1 overall.

There are two top qb prospects, Bradford, and Clauson.

If bradford goes #4 to Wash. What other team is in the market for a qb in the first round?

There is Sea. at #6, but i am assuming they will take an OT, although they also have the #14 pick, so they could go Clauson, at either of those.

There is Cleveland at #7 with brady quinn,

And lastly Buffalo, at #9

So my question, or topic to raise i suppose, is could Clauson possibly fall to us at #33.

(Keeping in mind someone would probably trade up to the mid-20's to take him if he drops that far. (a la aaron rogers)

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: QB's

Seattle, Cleveland and Buffalo are definitely possible destinations.

I also think that Carolina (Delhomme is done), Minnesota (Favre is 40; T.Jackson is a free agent), and even the Niners (did Alex Smith secure his job?) are possibilities.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quite frankly, I'd say it'd be a miracle if Clausen was available in the 2nd round.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Other teams that could be in the market for a first round QB: Washington @ 4, Seattle @ 6, Cleveland @ 7, Oakland @ 8, Buffalo @ 9, Jacksonville @ 10, Denver @ 11, San Francisco @ 13, Seattle @ 14, San Francisco @ 17, Arizona @ 23, Minnesota @ 29.

Even if one of the top two QBs got through the majority of these teams, how do they get by a Minnesota team @ 29 who is being led by 40-year-old Favre and doesn't feel like their QB of the future is on their roster?

Thus, I don't see much hope in Bradford or Clausen slipping to the Rams at the top of the second round, unless something major comes up doing the offseason (ie. Bradford's health or Clausen's attitude).

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Not all the QB's will be taken in the first round. It's funny right now how McCoy is pretty much ignored on all forums. The guy has a 70% completion rating, 13,244 career yards, and 112 TD's. Clasuen has a 68% competion rating, 8,148 career yards, and only 60 TD's.

And most of the teams that are looking for QB's, already had QB's who were busts. Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell. Jason Campbell, etc. so it stands to reason they won't take another gamble on a QB in the first round. Bradford and Tebow are both gambles, so I think ppl will be surprised to see how far they fall. And I think the Rams will be in a position to gamble on one of the two in the second round.

sdobbers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Not all the QB's will be taken in the first round. It's funny right now how McCoy is pretty much ignored on all forums. The guy has a 70% completion rating, 13,244 career yards, and 112 TD's. Clasuen has a 68% competion rating, 8,148 career yards, and only 60 TD's.
    The reason McCoy is being ignored is because he WILL NOT be a good QB in the NFL, he will probably end up being one of the most overrated QB's in this draft. This is all coming from a Texas fan...I love him in college football, but he just won't make it in the NFL.

Why would we want to draft McCoy? The reason he has so many yards is the system he plays in. Look what happens when he finally sees some pressure for once in the Nebraska vs. Texas game...he was TERRIBLE.

And most of the teams that are looking for QB's, already had QB's who were busts. Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell. Jason Campbell, etc. so it stands to reason they won't take another gamble on a QB in the first round. Bradford and Tebow are both gambles, so I think ppl will be surprised to see how far they fall. And I think the Rams will be in a position to gamble on one of the two in the second round.
    So because there were busts in the past, they won't take a chance now? There have been busts in the first round at every position...if everyone followed this advice, no one would be drafting in the first...they would all just trade away their draft picks for later ones cause they're afraid of busts. Yes taking a QB in the first is a high risk move, but it has a high reward too. Typically QB's taken in the first round give you the best chance to win a Super Bowl...yes QB's from other rounds have made it to the Super Bowl, but the chances of finding your franchise QB are BETTER in round 1.

Why should we take Bradford or Tebow? Tebow is not going to be a good NFL QB at all. Besides possibly Jacksonville taking him in rounds 3 or 4, I don't see any team drafting him before round 5. As for Bradford, while he's a great college QB and could potentially be a good NFL QB, I don't think we should draft him. For one, his injury history...and if you've seen us this year, you'll know we already are pretty injury prone, so why take a chance on someone who you know is ALREADY injury prone? He hardly ever saw any pressure being his magnificant O-Line, and when he finally did this year...he gets injured, not once but twice.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

There is no possible way you can judge McCoy on that one game alone. My oh my....some of you amaze me.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    There is no possible way you can judge McCoy on that one game alone. My oh my....some of you amaze me.
    So will you be eating crow about McCoy on thursday when he chokes too???/

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Texas is gonna win. No doubt about it. Everyone is focusing on the Longhorns offense but their defense has won them games all year except for A&M. It will be the defense and special teams that puts UT Number 1 again.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

mccoy has a chance to develop into an nfl quarterback i suppose but he certainly isn't close to it right now.

as far as the original question, there's no way in hell clausen drops to the 2nd. it's pretty unlikely that mccoy or mallett do for that matter.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

With all the teams mentioned, it seems to me odds are almost none of them are favored to look at a qb.
    Wash - yes. prob bradford
    Sea - To many other holes, and deff need an OT first, (i know 2 picks) but still have hass.
    Cle -quinn
    Oak - russell
    sf- smith and an 8-8 season
    buff- this one worries me the most
    minn - favre, 40, but do vikings want an aaron rogers sit. around the team
    Den - orton

Most of the qb's i listed suck i realize that, but i think they would be extremly hesitant to draft a qb with these guys on roster.

sdobbers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I guess you forgot to read the part where I said I'm a Texas Longhorns fan, so no I'm not just judging him based on that one game. Is he a great college QB? Yes he is!....Do I think he will be a good NFL QB? No I don't, I honestly don't think he has what it takes to cut it in the NFL.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    With all the teams mentioned, it seems to me odds are almost none of them are favored to look at a qb.
    Sea - To many other holes, and deff need an OT first, (i know 2 picks) but still have hass.
    Cle -quinn
    Oak - russell
    Den - orton

Most of the qb's i listed suck i realize that, but i think they would be extremly hesitant to draft a qb with these guys on roster.
    how many of those guys will still be with their team should the year go uncapped? all teams would have a free pass to cut or trade anyone without a cap penalty, which is probably the only reason many of them are still on their team.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Cle -quinn
    Oak - russell
    Den - orton

Just look at these guys QB ratings and then tell me they have no interest. I guarantee the majority of them will be considering a QB and especially MINN.

You have Shanonham coming to Washington and you know he will need a strong arm QB for his offense.

Quinn and Russell are awfull and have benched too many times this year. Play was very inconsistent and these guys are not rookies anymore.

Whinners may stay with Smith???

Buffalo not even sure who is playing QB right now? Does it matter all of them have been horrible.

I think Denver will stay with Orton but he's a free agent and you never know?

My answer is the only way these guys drop to the 2nd round will be due to talent or some kind character/rumors driving their stocks down. Hey, maybe we need to start a rumor/smear QB campaign here at the clan so these guys fall to the 2nd round.

Go Rams
    Last edited by Dominating D; -01-05-2010 at 12:33 AM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Cle -quinn
    Oak - russell
    Den - orton

But your question was which teams would be in the market for a first round QB. You agree with both Washington and Buffalo, but I think you can make reasonable cases for all of these teams.

Seattle - They certainly could use someone to groom behind Matt Hasselbeck, who turns 35 next season and has started a full 16-game season twice in the last five years.

Cleveland - Quinn has shown flashes but nothing consistent. If a new coach is hired, all bets are off. Even if Mangini stays, he might prefer "his guy."

Oakland - It's because of JaMarcus Russell's failures that this position could need to be addressed again. Is Bruce Gradkowski really the future in Oakland?

San Francisco - I agree they're unlikely, but if someone slips, I wouldn't rule them out. Smith has his moments in '09 but he's entering a contract year.

Minnesota - Do the Vikings want an Aaron Rodgers situation? Considering how Rodgers is a Pro Bowler for Green Bay, why not? The Vikes definitely need an option behind Favre for the future.

Denver - See San Francisco. I think it's slim, but if the right guy fell, I wouldn't rule it out. It's not like they're financially committed to Orton at this point.

Point being, all of these teams would have to pass on a quarterback in order for Bradford or Clausen to fall to the Rams @ pick #33. I just don't see that happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast