Thread: Quarterback

QRAM24 is offline Registered User

Quarterback

IMO I do not think the rams need to go after a quarterback in this years draft at all. Adding a franchise type guy for the OL and getting a big, aggressive LB are what I would like to see most.

However, if the Lions do not sign Stafford can you see the idea at least being contemplated. Also on ESPN Rams on the clock they were trying to suggest Sanchez with the number two pick. Both of these QB's I believe need a year on the sidelines but could potentially be top quality QB's in the NFL.

Again I do not think we should draft either one but it is not often you get the chance to select a top rated quarterback in the draft.

Hopefully the Lions make their pick before the draft and make our decision easier come draft day. But my question is how long do you think the Rams Front Office would think about drafting a QB?

Also I think next years draft will have a better QB class in Bradford and McCoy.

1 week to the draft baby!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Quarterback

I think they are giving it alot of thought,I don't think it will happen but they do need to look at it,if for some reason Stafford falls then I think they just may make that pick.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Honestly if it wasn't for the money i would take Sanchez over Smith/Monroe. Because i just dont trust Bulger anymore. Last year when he did get solid protection he did not make the throws. I can recall the end of that Miami game where he threw that pick that hurt us. Then when we got the ball back he was trying to force it to Dane Looker. ALso the Jets game. He just lost all trust in the OL and started rushing his passes. That is why we need a Qb that can be mobile.

Also if in the later rounds we get good value expect us to take a QB.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Honestly if it wasn't for the money i would take Sanchez over Smith/Monroe. Because i just dont trust Bulger anymore. Last year when he did get solid protection he did not make the throws. I can recall the end of that Miami game where he threw that pick that hurt us. Then when we got the ball back he was trying to force it to Dane Looker. ALso the Jets game. He just lost all trust in the OL and started rushing his passes. That is why we need a Qb that can be mobile.

Also if in the later rounds we get good value expect us to take a QB.

Yes, or we can just upgrade our o-line so Bulger can actually play behind a consistent, solid o-line for once, and get his old form back and rebuild his trust with the o-line.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Yes, or we can just upgrade our o-line so Bulger can actually play behind a consistent, solid o-line for once, and get his old form back and rebuild his trust with the o-line.
    Well yea if we do re-build the OL it will be Bulger's make or Break season. Im just saying i dont trust the guy this year. However if there wasnt much of a paycheck difference with a QB and OT then i would go sanchez but there is a difference so we have to go OT

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by QRAM24 View Post
    IMO I do not think the rams need to go after a quarterback in this years draft at all. Adding a franchise type guy for the OL and getting a big, aggressive LB are what I would like to see most.

However, if the Lions do not sign Stafford can you see the idea at least being contemplated. Also on ESPN Rams on the clock they were trying to suggest Sanchez with the number two pick. Both of these QB's I believe need a year on the sidelines but could potentially be top quality QB's in the NFL.

Again I do not think we should draft either one but it is not often you get the chance to select a top rated quarterback in the draft.

Hopefully the Lions make their pick before the draft and make our decision easier come draft day. But my question is how long do you think the Rams Front Office would think about drafting a QB?

Also I think next years draft will have a better QB class in Bradford and McCoy.

1 week to the draft baby!
    I agree that we don't need to go QB this year especially looking at next years draft class at QB (Bradforf, Tebow, McCoy).

Today good ole' Mel Kiper said that we'll draft Sanchez or trade back up to get freeman (which I don't agree with because he is so raw as a player). Guess we'll see in a few days.