Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    npow81 is offline Registered User

Re: Quarterbacks 2010 draft

NONE OF THE ABOVE
    I can't stand this Bradford going no 1 next year talk, after this year we all may have a better idea, but NO ONE i mean NO ONE can make him an NFL qb when he had went untouched throwing mainly 5-10 yard little dump passes all day. Winning the Heisman does not make you an NFL qb. The same can be said for Tebow, who just doesn't fit as a qb in the NFL, and for McCoy who runs the same dink and dunk offense. I'm not saying they may not turn out in the NFL but we should not, risk a first rounder or such on a qb who it is extremely hard to tell whether they will translate to the NFL.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by npow81 View Post
    NONE OF THE ABOVE
    I can't stand this Bradford going no 1 next year talk, after this year we all may have a better idea, but NO ONE i mean NO ONE can make him an NFL qb when he had went untouched throwing mainly 5-10 yard little dump passes all day. Winning the Heisman does not make you an NFL qb. The same can be said for Tebow, who just doesn't fit as a qb in the NFL, and for McCoy who runs the same dink and dunk offense. I'm not saying they may not turn out in the NFL but we should not, risk a first rounder or such on a qb who it is extremely hard to tell whether they will translate to the NFL.
    Boy, it's going to be an exciting next 355 days, then...

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hill_Bartell=Probowl View Post
    Its really early, but who is the front runner as of right now

What College quarterback would you like to see the rams getting?

Colt McCoy
    Sam Bradford
    Jevan Snead
    Tim Tebow
    Well since we will be 5-11 next year we should pick anywhere from 3-6. We'll have to trade up to take Bradford if not we'll probally take Colt McCoy unless Tim has a awesome year which I pray he will.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    If we screw it up big time this year, I want McCoy!

But I don't see that. I don't want Tebow on this team, he's got Alex Smith/Matt Leinart written all over her.
    "her"...man that's cold.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I have a hard time seeing Tebow or McCoy as factors in the early to mid first round. Wouldn't surprise me if we had another year like 2008 or 2007 where one guy (Bradford most likely) goes early while another one has his name called in the latter half of the first round.

Senior QBs to keep an eye on in 2009: Colt McCoy (Texas), Zac Robinson (Oklahoma State), Dan LeFevour (Central Michigan), Tim Hiller (Western Michigan), Tony Pike (Cincinnati)

Underclassmen QBs to keep an eye on in 2009: Sam Bradford (Oklahoma), Jevan Snead (Mississippi), Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame), Pat Devlin (Delaware)

rams#1 Guest

I think Jevan snead will be a better Pro that Sam bradford. I don't think Jimmy Clausen will do much at the pro Level. I also like Dan LeFeavour

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have a hard time seeing Tebow or McCoy as factors in the early to mid first round. Wouldn't surprise me if we had another year like 2008 or 2007 where one guy (Bradford most likely) goes early while another one has his name called in the latter half of the first round.

Senior QBs to keep an eye on in 2009: Colt McCoy (Texas), Zac Robinson (Oklahoma State), Dan LeFevour (Central Michigan), Tim Hiller (Western Michigan), Tony Pike (Cincinnati)

Underclassmen QBs to keep an eye on in 2009: Sam Bradford (Oklahoma), Jevan Snead (Mississippi), Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame), Pat Devlin (Delaware)
    Nick, are any of these guys lefthanded?

Someone brought up an interesting point in the thread about Smith @ RT or LT in RamTalk. Namely, why not get our new OT experience at RT in case Bulger flops this year- I'm pro-MB & don't think it'll happen but it's an intriguing out-of-the box thought- and we draft a southpaw,making RT the blindside anchor.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    If we need a QB after next season, I wouldn't mind either Bradford or McCoy.
    good point Tex, if Bulger can come back to the old Bulger and this new guy we drafted looks even ok, I think it becomes something that goes on the back burner in next years draft.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Guys none of this matters Keith Null is the quarterback of the future

txramsfan is offline Registered User

McCoy has the size and the arm to be a good pro QB. Heck, he led a Texas team last year who was preseason predicted to go 7-4 to an 11-1 record. He has a pro arm. Don't count this kid short. He has never lost to OU and plays big in big games.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    McCoy has the size and the arm to be a good pro QB. Heck, he led a Texas team last year who was preseason predicted to go 7-4 to an 11-1 record. He has a pro arm. Don't count this kid short. He has never lost to OU and plays big in big games.
    Tx wants the Texas boy

Should of saw this coming

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Not saying I want McCoy, I'm just saying for all of you who think he's not a good QB you are very wrong. This guy can play. Also, watch the resurgence of Vince Young. He can play too. Sure, his lid wasn't screwed on tight. However, I think it is now.

Ramblitz28 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81 View Post
    Guys none of this matters Keith Null is the quarterback of the future
    He possibly could be. Right now though this season Bulger definently has the start. We have WAY to much money in him to not let him play. If our line blocks for Bulger like they did back when Bulger was still young he could throw for 300 yards a game easy. Regardless of what happens in 09-10 I think we have to pick up Sam Bradford next year whether we have to trade up or we have another season like we did this year.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Let's be perfectly clear here.

TIM TEBOW IS NOT AN NFL QUARTERBACK.

Watch him play. I mean, really watch. He does not have an NFL arm. He looks good because the Gators are good at creating mismatches and getting WRs open by 20 yards. Make him throw into traffic... it would be a different story altogether. His passes arc way to high and flutter way too much.

He is a great athlete, and there may be a role for him in the NFL. But if you think he's a starting QB, you're being fooled by the hype.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12