Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Question for our draft Gurus

Long time listener first time caller...

It seems like several teams could use a quarterback or a wide receiver but how many are really in the market for a good running back?

I can't think of many that aren't set at that position. So will this drop some talented rbs down into the later rounds? How far can we go and still get a steal? Or do enough teams adhere to BPA to let quality far too far?

I will hang up and listen now.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Question for our draft Gurus

IMO you can find a running back that can contribute in any round whether the guy is a special teamer, short yardage back, or 3rd down back. This running back class isn't great especially if juniors don't come out. Mark Ingram and maybe Mikel Leshoure are first rounders. There are an assortment of second and third rounders.

Teams that could use starting RBs Dolphins, Colts, Bengals, Skins and Packers other teams like the Cowboys, Saints, Bucs, Cards, Hawks, and Rams could use a young RB. Are guys necessarily going to fall because of need I don't think so I would say they would fall because the RBs aren't as good.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I think the RB's from this draft will fall because of low demand. I mean the only for sure first rounder is Mark Ingram. After him we will have several opportunities to grab a running back. Particularly in the 2nd-3rd rounds there are: DeMarco Murray, LeMichael James, Kendall Hunter. Those are 3 quick RB's that I like from the draft. We can really end up with any..So it does put us in a good position.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    It seems like several teams could use a quarterback or a wide receiver but how many are really in the market for a good running back?
    I think you could make a case that Cincinnati, Washington, New England, Indianapolis, Miami, Green Bay, and New Orleans could all be in the market for a running back.

But as others have pointed out, this isn't a particularly strong class of running backs at the top, with Mark Ingram as the only prospect who seems to be viewed as a clear first rounder. So some of these teams may come back on the second day of the draft in Round Two and start grabbing some tailbacks.

Reports indicated that the Rams were eying Jahvid Best with their second round pick in last year's draft, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them take a 'back in the second round if someone they like is on the board. That being said, six of the seven teams I listed will all pick before the Rams do in the second round.