TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Question Regarding Posting

Apologies to the Admins that I didn't find a better way to ask you a question. I've never posted a PM so I'm not very facile doing that. I read the threads, in the Draft Forum, regarding Michael Sam. All but one seemed to avoid the obvious non-starter with regard to him (his sexual orientation), who I believe is a model citizen in terms of his on and off field behavior and a very good football player who the Rams could use in their D-Backfield in not at DE. Isn't there a way to put a post in 'time out' if it is perhaps not very on-topic, which I guess means putting the poster in time-out also (collateral damage). I belong to two other fan forums and there have been lively on topic (Michael Sam's draft value in terms of his ability) without venturing into morality, which IMHO doesn't belong on a fan forum (no politics and no religion seem reasonable to me). If you don't mind, perhaps you'd would at least send me a PM and feel free to delete my post; don't post it or lock it if that's more convenient.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Re: Question Regarding Posting

Just re-read the threads (didn't know there were two). Perhaps my question should have been can we discuss Michael Sam's abilities and his position in the Draft without involving his sexual orientation. I trust that no one would include a players off-field 'transgressions,' and there are plenty of them in the Draft and stick to the player's ability to help a team win games. So, why should Michael Sam be any different. I'd hardly describe his off field behavior as transgressions.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question Regarding Posting

The topics strayed too far into the realm of debates/personal attacks regarding religious and/or political views. As such, they were closed.

If anyone wishes to start a thread regarding Sam as a draft prospect, that would be fine, and we can certainly moderate/delete any inappropriate comments.