Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By RebelYell
  • 2 Post By general counsel
  • 1 Post By Fortuninerhater

Thread: Questions That Must Be Answered Before I Make My Final Projections

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Questions That Must Be Answered Before I Make My Final Projections

I have a pretty good idea what my final draft board will look like, but there still are a few nagging questions:

1. How fast is Keenan Allen?
    Right now, I have Allen ranked as my #3 WR, behind Cordarrelle Patterson and Tavon Austin, and ahead of Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter and Quinton Patton. If he runs under a 4.6 at his upcoming workout (scheduled for 4/9), that probably won't chance. But what if he runs a 4.70? Or, what if he runs a 4.45?

2. How fast is Eddie Lacy?
    When you look at Eddie Lacy's film, he looks great. My concern is that I feel like I could average 4.0 yards/carry running behind Alabama's O line. I'm interested in Lacy's times at his upcoming workout (4/11)... not only in the 40, but in shuttles. He could be my #1 RB, or he could be behind Le'Veon Bell and others.

3. What clues will the Rams give us?
    The Rams selected several players who made pre-draft visits and/or had private workouts with the team last year. So far, pretty much all of the players who have or are scheduled to visit are on my draft board. Some of my top players, though (Chance Warmack, Cordarrelle Patterson) have not made or scheduled visits yet. While these clues are not definitive, they are worth watching.

4. Will the Rams make any more moves before the draft?
    Right now, the Rams have virtually no cap room. That said, with a couple of restructured contracts (most likely Chris Long and/or James Laurinaitis), they could clear enough room to make another significant move. Will the Rams sign Darryl Smith? Will they make a run at recently released Tyson Clabo? Will Rodger Saffold be put on the trading block? In all likelihood, the Rams are done wheeling and dealing until draft day but, again, its worth watching.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Questions That Must Be Answered Before I Make My Final Projections

I would be shocked if the Rams went w/ Eddie Lacy. A Bama fan told me Lacy wasn't nearly as special as Ingram or Richardson and said Yeldon was going to take over the #1 RB position in 2013 even if Lacy returned.

Allen in my opinion is a major question mark. Not a question of whether he'll be bad but a question of how great he could be. I think he's a pretty obvious NFL starter but is he a game changer? The other two WRs above him are serious potential game changers but they are both greater bust potentials. Patterson could be the next Randy Moss or he could be Ted Ginn. Is Austin the next Steve Smith or Eddie Royal? Allen just seems the safest of the 3.
    mde8352gorams and sosa39rams like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I would be shocked if the Rams went w/ Eddie Lacy. A Bama fan told me Lacy wasn't nearly as special as Ingram or Richardson and said Yeldon was going to take over the #1 RB position in 2013 even if Lacy returned.

Allen in my opinion is a major question mark. Not a question of whether he'll be bad but a question of how great he could be. I think he's a pretty obvious NFL starter but is he a game changer? The other two WRs above him are serious potential game changers but they are both greater bust potentials. Patterson could be the next Randy Moss or he could be Ted Ginn. Is Austin the next Steve Smith or Eddie Royal? Allen just seems the safest of the 3.
    Yup. Lacy is overrated in my opinion. T.J Yeldon is going to be a beast!

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is offline Registered User

How fast is Keenan Allen? I'm not too concerned with what he runs, more concerned with his health. "I was frustrated," he said. "(The knee) hasn't been feeling normal since I tweaked it."

How fast is Eddie Lacy? I'm not looking at drafting a back that high... if he runs slow maybe he will slide. I guess I'm a GM hoping for a slow time.

What clues will the Rams give us?
    Pre-draft visits is about is real as it gets from now to the draft.

As far as info coming from Snead goes...

You know what Snead did for the first 17 of his 21 years in the corps? Counter Intelligence. Snead's gone. There is no Snead.

Will the Rams make any more moves before the draft? Darryl Smith said he wanted to take several visits yet he does not have any lined up. I'm wondering if he is willing to wait until the draft is over before he signs with a team. Quintin Mikell would be nice to get him back before the draft but I don't think that would change anything in the draft if they signed him back. FS seems to be the need at safety.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-04-2013 at 03:27 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Av, while it is indeed likely that you could average 4 yards a carry behind the Alabama offensive line, you are far too modest to alert the people on this board to the fact that you are widely known as the Gale Sayers of the Florida Bar Association. Your moves are impeccable, you are much tougher between the tackles than you look, you have outstanding eyesight, and of course, you have the soft hands. While your 40 time may not be at its peak, i am still betting that you could walk outside onto the track this weekend and beat Jarvis Jones and his 4.91.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Nick and mde8352gorams like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Av, while it is indeed likely that you could average 4 yards a carry behind the Alabama offensive line, you are far too modest to alert the people on this board to the fact that you are widely known as the Gale Sayers of the Florida Bar Association. Your moves are impeccable, you are much tougher between the tackles than you look, you have outstanding eyesight, and of course, you have the soft hands. While your 40 time may not be at its peak, i am still betting that you could walk outside onto the track this weekend and beat Jarvis Jones and his 4.91.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Maybe 2 knee surgeries ago...

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Maybe 2 knee surgeries ago...
    I have it on good authority that people who have knee surgeries always come back stronger than before.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I heard Adrian Peterson is looking to have his other ACL torn and then repaired this offseason just so he's even more unstoppable. If you already had two, Av... I bet you'd be closer to CJ0K's 4.24 than to Jarvis Jones' 4.91!
    I believe!

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Its obvious the one thing that separates Lacy above the other backs is his motor, he never stops moving his feet. The guy encourages making the contact on the defense. Furthermore, I'm convinced he was a product the Bama offensive line. He's quick for his size. I'm goiing to be suprised if he runs 4.40

TekeRam is offline Registered User

For a serious post, I think the Rams will get all their answers when Allen comes to Rams Park. I'm sure that they'll have their doctors look at his knees and give the green or red flag. Because we have 3 guys who can control the middle of the field(Kendricks, Cook, Givens) as well as the wild card of Pettis, I think that a true outside, Fitzgerald/Boldin type is exactly what we need, so I'm very much hoping for a green light.

I think that we're probably out of the pool until after the draft. We do need to have space lined up for the rookies, but not until later, so we could see maybe small moves. Remember, any cap hit is likely lessened for now by ~$300-350k based on the last guy of the 51 getting kicked out. We still have that $1M hit coming at the end of cuts and we count all 53 plus practice squad.
    I believe!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    I have it on good authority that people who have knee surgeries always come back stronger than before.
    If that's the case, DX ought to be superman by now.
    TekeRam likes this.