Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Ram fans I need your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Majpain View Post
    Alright here is an update.

I traded Holt for Cincy's 3rd round pick.

I then just traded the #2 selection for Vikings 22, 54, and Chad Greenway.

I want some insight on Richie Incognito should I put a orginal round tener on him or let him go in FA?
    1. The Holt pick sounds about right.

2. The #2 trade..........OUCH. Can't say I'm a fan.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Majpain is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Ron Bartell and OJ Atogwe. And Ron Bartell. And Victor Adeyanju. And Ron Bartell. Did I mention Ron Bartell?
    Alright thanks for the tips. Should I put the franchise tender on Atogwe? Its going to cost me 6+Mil in cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    That's actually not bad, you know for being fantasy and everything. I certainly wouldn't complain if we pulled something off like that in real life.
    So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    i DONT GET IT ... WHAT IS THIS FOR??? WHAT TYPE OF LEAGUE?
    Just a forum GM league where you control a team and make the decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    iNCOGNITO'S NUMBERS:

Year Team G GS Pen Yds False Start Holding Sacks Allwd Yds
    2006 StL 16 16 10 95 3 5 2.50 21.50
    2007 StL 4 4 3 35 0 2 1.00 1.00
    2008 StL 15 15 11 89 5 3 6.50 36.50

Totals 35 35 24 219 8 10 10.00 59.00
    Thanks looks like he fixed his penalties issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    1. The Holt pick sounds about right.

2. The #2 trade..........OUCH. Can't say I'm a fan.
    Well let me try to make you a fan. Chad Greenway is the best LB in his class, he was a Pro Bowl Alt a 1st round pick. So really I got 2 1st rounders and a 2nd. I wanted to move down in the draft and have a bigger variety of players and seeing how the Rams need alot more help so acquiring draft picks is the best route.

Whats everyone's thoughts on Carriker? I have him on the trading block for a high second but the offer thats on the table is Matt Speath, 3rd and a 5th for Carriker.
    Last edited by Majpain; -02-09-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Well let me try to make you a fan. Chad Greenway is the best LB in his class, he was a Pro Bowl Alt a 1st round pick. So really I got 2 1st rounders and a 2nd. I wanted to move down in the draft and have a bigger variety of players and seeing how the Rams need alot more help so acquiring draft picks is the best route.
    Greenway is a solid backer, no doubt (though DeQwell Jackson, Ernie Sims, DeMeco Ryans, AJ Hawk, & maybe Thomas Howard might disagree with that "best LB in his class" notion). My concern would be his ability to play SAM. Maybe he can, I don't know. But our two best LBs are both WILLs (Spoon & Pisa). What are we gonna do with 3 WILLs?

But here, let's put some names to this. One way to look at it, we're trading Eugene Monroe for Greenway, Britton, & Brace. Hmm.....

Looking at it that way (assuming CG plays SAM), I could live with it. Okay, Majpain, you win. Maybe I could possibly be a fan.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Greenway is a solid backer, no doubt (though DeQwell Jackson, Ernie Sims, DeMeco Ryans, AJ Hawk, & maybe Thomas Howard might disagree with that "best LB in his class" notion). My concern would be his ability to play SAM. Maybe he can, I don't know. But our two best LBs are both WILLs (Spoon & Pisa). What are we gonna do with 3 WILLs?

But here, let's put some names to this. One way to look at it, we're trading Eugene Monroe for Greenway, Britton, & Brace. Hmm.....

Looking at it that way (assuming CG plays SAM), I could live with it. Okay, Majpain, you win. Maybe I could possibly be a fan.
    Greenway will indeed be playing SLB. I'll keep you guys updated with the draft and how FA goes. I plan on doing big thing in FA.

Whats everyone's thoughts on Carriker? I have him on the trading block for a high second but the offer thats on the table is Matt Speath, 3rd and a 5th for Carriker.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I might wait on pulling a trade for Carriker just yet. I think with a new system and new coaches, along with a year of experience from Long, and a clean bill of health, he could potentially have a great season.

I want to see Carriker with a healthy ankle and two healthy shoulders before I'd assess his value. He trailed off near the end of the year, but the kid has been less than healthy as a pro, and still played well. Put a fat ugly next to him, and he could be special.

I want to see Carriker with a healthy ankle and two healthy shoulders before I'd assess his value. He trailed off near the end of the year, but the kid has been less than healthy as a pro, and still played well. Put a fat ugly next to him, and he could be special.
    I plan on getting someone big like a Pat Williams (he is going to be cut in my league.) and looking in the draft.

Whats your thoughts on Jacob Bell? I cleared over 14 Million in cap space could clear 4 more by cutting Bell but wasn't sure how he preformed. I know the Rams locked him up for 6 years but I was wondering if lived up to the expectations.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I plan on getting someone big like a Pat Williams (he is going to be cut in my league.) and looking in the draft.

Whats your thoughts on Jacob Bell? I cleared over 14 Million in cap space could clear 4 more by cutting Bell but wasn't sure how he preformed. I know the Rams locked him up for 6 years but I was wondering if lived up to the expectations.
    He didn't prove his value this year, dropped way to much weight. Not much depth behind him though might be rough dropping him and having to replace him with...?

What exactly is it that your doing this for? I've never heard of this type of league?

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    He didn't prove his value this year, dropped way to much weight. Not much depth behind him though might be rough dropping him and having to replace him with...?

What exactly is it that your doing this for? I've never heard of this type of league?
    Oh thanks for the info.

I'm doing it for fun I wanted a top 5 team in the draft to try and improve them. Its just a GM league.

Pat Williams? Go for it. Can't argue with that.

Bell dropped some weight (still not completely sure why), and had some minor injuries (maybe related). As the year went on, he played better. By the end of the season was actually looking pretty decent.

But with the ink not even dry on his contract, how would cutting him not create a boat-load of dead money with his accelerated bonus money?

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I'd think twice about trading Carriker for Williams. But then I care about the longterm future of my team, not winning a fantasy league next year.

Williams is going into his 13th year, Carriker into his 3rd. Williams is a wide body 2-gap NT. Carriker is a more athletic & quicker UT , perhaps even a run-stopping big DE.

Williams , at the least, broke NFL rules by using a banned diuretic to earn weight maintenance bonuses & put his team's success at risk by a possible ban.

Carriker has fought through injuries to contribute to his team, despite it being obvious that he was suffering in vain for most of the season.

Which guy has shown character , a team first attitude, and fits with building for the future ?

I'd think twice about trading Carriker for Williams.
    And I agree. But I believe Majpain said Williams is to be cut in this particular league. I'm assuming Williams would be a FA signing, not a trade.

And I agree. But I believe Majpain said Williams is to be cut in this particular league. I'm assuming Williams would be a FA signing, not a trade.

You sir are correct

I'm actually considering cutting Jacob Bell and totally revamping the Line. Franchised O.J. Atogwe and placed a Original round tender on Incognito.

Not sure what I'm going to do about Chavous.

Alright guys huge update FA period just started in my league and I want to update you.

I cut the following

Trent Green QB
    Chris Massey LS
    Kenneth Darby RB
    Orlando Pace T
    Anthony Becht TE
    Daniel Fells TE
    Drew Bennett WR
    Chris Draft LB
    Randy McMichael TE
    Keenan Burton WR
    Antwon Burton DT
    Corey Chavous SS

Trying to sign the following.

Jason Brown 10 Million
    Orlando Pace 1.7 Million
    Willie Colon 1 Million
    Richie Incognito 900K
    Shaun Cody 300K
    Ron Bartell 2.3 Million
    Jeff King 300K
    John DiGiorgio 750K
    Mike Brown 300K
    Victor Adeyanju 300K

The number to the right is the current offer as you cans ee I'm pushing hard for Jason Brown, Trying to resign Pace for less, Willie Colon is a Tendered RFA in my league and if I get him all I have to do is give up a 4th round pick. Incognito is Tendered.

So what do you think so far?

I'm going to link you to my Rams team page not sure if you can view it or not but let you see for yourself.

ThePHINS.com - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could not get Jason Brown Guys.

I had him offered at 10.5 Million the Chiefs put a bid in at 12 so I just put a bid on Geoff Hangartner from Carolina.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast