Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ram Mock

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Ram Mock

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Fair enough. I don't like McCarron much. To me he's very limited and is a game manager at best. Needs a very strong supporting core. Murray I need to study some and I'll get an opinion.

On Easley to me it's no difference. He splits time with Langford and subs in for a tired Brockers. He could probably line up on the edge in certain instances as well. I went BPA there and IMO Easley has a big time potential. Reminds me a little bit of Gerald McCoy. If we can get a guy that can penetrate like Easley next to Brockers, we will have the most dominant line in the league, if not the past 5 or 10 years. Langford is a good player, but imagine having someone behind him? Offers big time depth, pushes Langford to play better, and keeps the rotation 100% fresh. To me there is no downside what so ever. Easley could easily play 55-60% of snaps.. Much more than Isaiah Pead and Brian Quick and they were drafted in the 2nd round.
    I could see a guy like Fisher pushing for an Easley as a BPA type of guy. You can never have too much d-line depth on our squad. As for McCarron, he's exactly what I'm looking for in a backup QB. Someone who can manage the game and make intelligent plays. I think he would be great value in maybe rounds 4-5
    sosa39rams and Randart like this.

punahou is offline Registered User

IMO Id drop Ifo Ekpre-Olomu for an #1 WR or an Olineman IMO.
    If we want Dix, we can prob get him with our 2nd 1st round pick (Im assuming your order is the order of picks?)

The Duck CB is too small IMO to be a CB in todays NFL of big, fast receivers to be taken that early in the 1st round. Now if he were 6'1"-6'3".. that would be another story =)

I am also of the mindset that if you can consistently pressure the QB, then your 2ndry doenst have to work as hard to be great. We have what can be a super pass-rushing D, and if they can be consistent, then perhaps CB isnt yet another need that has materilazed when we already had other needs to be met.
    Last edited by punahou; -11-18-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Randart is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I could see a guy like Fisher pushing for an Easley as a BPA type of guy. You can never have too much d-line depth on our squad. As for McCarron, he's exactly what I'm looking for in a backup QB. Someone who can manage the game and make intelligent plays. I think he would be great value in maybe rounds 4-5
    This is a fine idea and I would love it but McCarron is going to be in the running for the heisman, he won't make it out of the 2nd round imho... He would be good combo with Barret and that would be fun to watch!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    IMO Id drop Ifo Ekpre-Olomu for an #1 WR or an Olineman IMO.
    If we want Dix, we can prob get him with our 2nd 1st round pick (Im assuming your order is the order of picks?)

The Duck CB is too small IMO to be a CB in todays NFL of big, fast receivers to be taken that early in the 1st round. Now if he were 6'1"-6'3".. that would be another story =)

I am also of the mindset that if you can consistently pressure the QB, then your 2ndry doenst have to work as hard to be great. We have what can be a super pass-rushing D, and if they can be consistent, then perhaps CB isnt yet another need that has materilazed when we already had other needs to be met.
    Yup I'm beginning to feel the same way. With out first rounder I'm really (as of right now) leaning towards taking a WR. Either Sammy Watkins or Marqise Lee, which would move Haha Clinton-Dix to our second 1st round selection.

THE DREAM TEAM

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    McCarron would make a good backup. I just prefer Morris because I feel like he has big potential. At worst he's a "meh" backup QB and doesn't see any time. At best he pushes Sam for the job. McCarron would not be a bad option in rounds 3-4 either, but I'm not sure he'll last that long.

THE DREAM TEAM

Mikey is offline Registered User

I do not like Morris at all. He just seems so inaccurate and makes some really poor decisions. I agree McCarron isn't a huge upside type guy but he and Murray fit the offense that Fisher likes well. Wouldn't be surprised to see either of them taken in round 3 or 4.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I like it except for Morris, and thats sut cause i have other QB's i like more than him. Also am not sold on Clinton-Dix and Ifo but understand the picks.

demiurge is offline Registered User

I like our young WR corps and think they will develop and work out just fine. Quick and Givens on the outside, Austin in the slot, Bailey and Pettis you can plug and play anywhere.

I also tend to think our DT will be OK. Brockers is a stud, and Langford has been playing hurt as I understand it. He'll recover to be a good DT again I would think. A mid rounder for depth wouldn't go amiss.

Barksdale is playing his butt off considering his talent level and is providing the nasty.

I think it really depends on our free agent losses and cuts.

I don't expect Finnegan back. So another CB is a good idea.

I think Wells will be. The OL has jelled and he's playing up to his contract.

Saffold is 50/50. I really hope he stays, as he's been a welcome surprise at OG. But he could easily leave to be a OT elsewhere.

And ultimately there's the QB question. I for one would be happy to see Bradford back. I just don't know if I want to see him at a $17 million cap hit - that's top 4 QB money. He's not worht that, and is coming off of 2 injuries in three years. I'd be happy to have him around the $10 million mark, and I'd be willing to give him a chance at $12. But if he won't renogotiate, I think he needs to go.

So assuming we have Bradford back and Finnegan isn't (even if he cuts his contract his play has been so bad this year there's no reason to keep him), I'd be happy with:

1) Barr at OLB. He's going high, but I think there will be several QBs taken before him, as the need there always overcomes the actual talent level, and I think the Skins will continue to implode this season. I see us drafting around #5, and there's a fair chance he'll be there at that pick. If so, pairing him with Ogletree on the outside would have amazing potential - it could end up being the best LB corps we've ever had.

With our pick, probably around #16 - If we can get a good FA safety, we have options here. If not, we go Ha-Ha. Safety is the deepest spot in free agency. We won't have a ton of money, even if we cut Finnegan and get Bradford to restructure to a reasonable number. But there's 7 or 8 quality starters at safety so the market won't be overly costly, and at the top there's guys like Byrd and Whitner.

Ha-Ha Clinton Dix would continue the youth movement, but I'd be a bit more comfortable with a more experienced guy. Stewart and McDonald aren't bad at all, but a little more athleticism there wouldn't hurt.

If we do sign a decent free agent, we'd be 3 deep at safety, and we could spend our pick here on OT (Lewan) or CB (Ekepre-Olomu, Colvin).

After that, I think the young talent level on this team is really good - mostly we just need guys to develop, as we are REALLY young.

A DL for depth in the mid round, a RB to continue the mix there, perhaps another CB. A mid to late round QB to bring up in this system.

But really I think we are better off on a talent level than most think, and we can afford to take the best available player.

The future looks bright for the Rams.
    Vinnie25 likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by demiurge View Post
    Ha-Ha. Safety is the deepest spot in free agency. We won't have a ton of money, even if we cut Finnegan and get Bradford to restructure to a reasonable number. But there's 7 or 8 quality starters at safety so the market won't be overly costly, and at the top there's guys like Byrd and Whitner.
    I would love to see Byrd sign with the Rams; I think he's one of the top Safeties in the league and always seems to be around the ball. Unfortunately. I think he'll look for the big payday and sign a ridiculous contract with another team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12