Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RAMarkable

Thread: RAMarkable's Final Rams Mock 2.0

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

RAMarkable's Final Rams Mock 2.0

Before getting started I'd like to post the Rams Mock 1.0 I did before the Combine.

1.) Aldon Smith DE Missouri

2.) Mason Foster OLB Washington

3.) DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma

4.) Jalil Brown CB Colorado

5.) Jeremy Kerney WR TCU

With less than one week to go my latest mock has some revisions and changes compared to the first one. So here we go....

Round 1 Cory Liuget Dt Illinois
    In my first mock I had Aldon Smith in this spot, and I would still take him here; but, alas, I'm not confident that he will be available when we pick as I've heard that Houston, Minnesota and Detroit are all very interested in him. If Smith is gone then Liuget is the pick.

Round 2 Mason Foster OLB Washington It's been kinda fun watching Foster move up the draft rankings during this draft process. From a middle 3rd rounder all the way up to the Rams at #46 he's been slowly rising with each passing week. I think this kid is going to start right after the ink dries on his contract. BTW this factored into my thinking as I believe the Rams are looking for the same kind of immediate starter like they got with their last two 2nd rounders-James Laurinitis and Roger Saffold. Foster fills a huge need and he starts now!

Round 3 DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma Personally I would strongly consider a safety at this spot, but, IMO, there is no way that Billy goes all defense with his first 3 picks. So I had to look for an offensive player that can contribute quickly and eventually push for a larger role in the future. Murray's only downside is his history of injuries, but I still think he'll be a better pro than Daniel Thomas, Shane Vereen or Jordan Todman.

Round 4 Jalil Brown CB Colorado or Greg Romeus DE Pitt If the Rams are somehow fortunate enough to land Aldon Smith then Jalil Brown is the pick in the 4th round. BTW the Rams have drafted a cornerback in each of the last 5 drafts and here the trend continues. However, if we end up with Liuget then I think the Rams take Greg Romeus here in the fourth round.

Yeah, I know that his senior year was ruined by a back injury that eventually required surgery; but I believe that this is a risk the Rams will be willing to take at this point in the draft. Remember that Romeus was considered to be at least a top 40 pick after his junior year so this pick has value written all over it. Besides, Steven Jackson came back rather nicely after his back surgery so the Rams may feel like rolling the dice with Romeus. At this point in the draft the reward certainly outweighs the risk.

Round 5 Kevin Williams OG Nebraska Back to the offensive side of the ball for Billy and the boys. Here is a guy that can sit for awhile and learn his trade and hopefully sooner rather than later push for a starting position on the OL. Again, safety remains a major concern but I truly believe that Billy wants to build both sides of the ball and therefore he goes offense here.
    So after 5 rounds its 3 picks on the defense and 2 on the offense. This is the kind of balance that we should expect to see from DeSpags and crew.

Round 7 Eric Hagg S Nebraska Here's hoping that this guy can make a special teams contribution and push for a back up role in the secondary.

Round 7 Stanley Havili FB USC With Karney gone and Britt Miller coming back from knee surgery there could be a place for Havili.

Well that's it...comments and criticism appreciated!!!

WHAT SAY YE?
    thermobee likes this.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Re: RAMarkable's Final Rams Mock 2.0

Gotta say, I like this draft.

And first and foremost it looks like a "billy" draft to me, nothing flashy, little risk and solid players across the board.

I would like Romeus over Brown think he's great value at that point.

Lovely draft, very solid.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: RAMarkable's Final Rams Mock 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rammed View Post
    Gotta say, I like this draft.

And first and foremost it looks like a "billy" draft to me, nothing flashy, little risk and solid players across the board.

I would like Romeus over Brown think he's great value at that point.

Lovely draft, very solid.
    Thanks for your comments, Rammed. I also feel that this is a "Billy" draft as that was my intention from the get-go.

I kept asking myself WWBD? And this is what I came up with.

I agree with you on Romeus; in fact, I'm starting to wonder if some team like the Saints won't go ahead a take him toward the end of the 3rd round. We've got two 7th round picks maybe we can trade one or both along with our 4th pick to move back into the 3rd round to get a guy like him.

Well in a few more days we'll find out....

WHAT SAY YE?