Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rambo’s full Rams mock

Rambos is offline Registered User

Rambo’s full Rams mock

This mock includes us moving back to four and adding one additional pick in the second round.

1) Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

Still feel he is the best fit for what Fisher says he wants to do. Run the ball control the game clock. Use play action and the run to set up the pass.

1A) Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh

I have mocked Ha Ha here many times. I just think Donald has a higher ceiling and provides what we don’t have or have yet to see from Brockers. An inside pass rush equal to the edge pass rushers we already have. He would really give D coordinators a lot to think about considering the pass rush we already have on the outside.

2A) Dion Bailey, S, USC

I always like it when teams can give players any edge to have early success and already having a college teammate on the team that drafts you make it all that much easier in transition. Bailey is not a ball hawking safety, he’s more of an all around safety that can play the run and make plays on the back-end. He had career totals of 221 tackles and 11 interceptions over three seasons.

2B) Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State

This pick might seem like over kill since we already have Saffold back and Jones in the wings. But the reality is Saffold might be playing LT for the first few weeks this year as Long gets back. The other issue is Saffold seems to get hurt early every year. Having Jackson to compete with Jones at guard and add depth to a line that has not stayed healthy since 1999 is a must. At some point Jones will play center and Jackson can play guard.

3) Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB Nebraska

Fisher has talked about how rare guys like this are. At 6’3’ 218 pounds. Baptiste compares to Brandon Browner, formerly of the Seattle Seahawks. He could possibly come in and allow JJ to play slot in year one or at minimum develop over time like Tru to start on the outside.

4) Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia

I don’t see the Rams looking to draft Sam’s replacement this year but I do see the need to find a young QB that can play at a high level in case we lose Sam to injury. Murray is not the biggest of QBs but he has what it takes to make plays. He, unlike Clemens will not stop us from going down field if he’s in the game.

5) Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty

Another player that has size at 6’1” to develop. This is going to be the trend bigger DBs.

6) Anthony Steen, G, Alabama

Why not add another Alabama product. He did undergo surgery so he may slip here and if he does why not add another three-year starter from Bama to develop.

6B) Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State

Another productive back out of the SEC here would be nice. So what’s the catch? He did fail a drug test and was arrested for multiple felony weapon charges, which were later dropped. He transferred and was very productive in his last year with 15 TDs and 1,121 yards averaged 6.6 yards per.

7) Aaron Colvin, Cornerback, Oklahoma

Colvin teared his ACL at Senior Bowl practice... but he could be good value here because of it. Another late draft pick and a player to stash and develop.

7A) Ty Zimmerman, S, Kansas State

Special teams and developmental player.

7B) Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State

Just a big kid to work with 6’6’ 259
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-29-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    RamsSB99 likes this.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Re: Rambo’s full Rams mock

If this was the draft I would be like:
    citr92 likes this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

I am not sure 100% on the names but I like the positions you have laid out. I see the Rams taking an OL 1st and perhaps a safety with 2nd pick. No WR which I think makes sense. As for a late round"ish" QB, I have said this before, I think Fales from SJSU is a sleeper..........

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

A lot there that I like. I might not go so heavily on CBs. Rather take a flier on a big WR with one of those picks.

Really like the Stanley Jean-Baptiste selection.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Looks good! I would personally flip Jackson and Bailey though, as I think taking Jackson in the 2nd would require the first selection, definitely more so than Bailey there.
    Randart likes this.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Dallas could be blowing up the Rams phone to get Donald at 13.

IF that happens, what then? Assume an additional 2 and Rams throwing back a 4 (all make believe right!) to move down to 16.
    Semper Fi!

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by turbofargo View Post
    If this was the draft I would be like:
    same

i would probably pick fales or savage at qb though, but that's a pick that can go multiple ways anyway so...

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Just out of curiosity, if were drafting Robinson and Jackson, and have Long and Saffold returning, how do you envision the starting 5 lineman Rambos?

Outside of that, good mock! Lot's of talented players. Fixes the o-line in a crucial run first division. Adds length and youth in the secondary, and one of my favourite players of this draft, Aaron Donald.

THE DREAM TEAM

Randart is offline Registered User

Nice job on the full mock Rambos, not as high on Robinson as many are but if he is one half of 'the big O' then I am all in for him! I too like Bailey for same reasons you mention also Buchanon is a fine safety in that spot. Heck we may take two safeties in this draft that would not surprise me at all! To give us some quality depth especially if we miss out on say Donald then maybe we go Pryor or Ha Ha if he is there. I have been rethinking my needs for WR and am fine if we miss out on all that talent in this draft we are 6 deep right now. Filling our other needs is a wiser move and our young wideouts might come through this year. I would love to get Hill at RB as well if we pick up those extra second rounders! Not sure about the guy you chose but would be awesome to get a bigger back to suppliment what we already have. Overall a fine Job with the draft!

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if were drafting Robinson and Jackson, and have Long and Saffold returning, how do you envision the starting 5 lineman Rambos?

Outside of that, good mock! Lot's of talented players. Fixes the o-line in a crucial run first division. Adds length and youth in the secondary, and one of my favourite players of this draft, Aaron Donald.
    Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I can’t shake the feeling that Jake Long will not be ready week one.

LT Saffold
    LG Jones or Jackson
    C Wells
    RG Robinson
    RT Barksdale

Once J Long is back if Saffold is still up.

LT Long
    LG Saffold - Jackson
    C Wells - Jones
    RG Robinson -Jackson
    RT Barksdale

The following year if Barksdale becomes too pricey or just regresses.

LT Long
    LG Saffold
    C Jones
    RG Jackson
    RT Robinson
    sosa39rams, turbofargo and Randart like this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    This mock includes us moving back to four and adding one additional pick in the second round.

Still feel he is the best fit for what Fisher says he wants to do. Run the ball control the game clock. Use play action and the run to set up the pass.

I have mocked Ha Ha here many times. I just think Donald has a higher ceiling and provides what we don’t have or have yet to see from Brockers. An inside pass rush equal to the edge pass rushers we already have. He would really give D coordinators a lot to think about considering the pass rush we already have on the outside.

2A) Dion Bailey, S, USC

I always like it when teams can give players any edge to have early success and already having a college teammate on the team that drafts you make it all that much easier in transition. Bailey is not a ball hawking safety, he’s more of an all around safety that can play the run and make plays on the back-end. He had career totals of 221 tackles and 11 interceptions over three seasons.

2B) Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State

This pick might seem like over kill since we already have Saffold back and Jones in the wings. But the reality is Saffold might be playing LT for the first few weeks this year as Long gets back. The other issue is Saffold seems to get hurt early every year. Having Jackson to compete with Jones at guard and add depth to a line that has not stayed healthy since 1999 is a must. At some point Jones will play center and Jackson can play guard.

3) Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB Nebraska

Fisher has talked about how rare guys like this are. At 6’3’ 218 pounds. Baptiste compares to Brandon Browner, formerly of the Seattle Seahawks. He could possibly come in and allow JJ to play slot in year one or at minimum develop over time like Tru to start on the outside.

4) Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia

I don’t see the Rams looking to draft Sam’s replacement this year but I do see the need to find a young QB that can play at a high level in case we lose Sam to injury. Murray is not the biggest of QBs but he has what it takes to make plays. He, unlike Clemens will not stop us from going down field if he’s in the game.

5) Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty

Another player that has size at 6’1” to develop. This is going to be the trend bigger DBs.

6) Anthony Steen, G, Alabama

Why not add another Alabama product. He did undergo surgery so he may slip here and if he does why not add another three-year starter from Bama to develop.

6B) Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State

Another productive back out of the SEC here would be nice. So what’s the catch? He did fail a drug test and was arrested for multiple felony weapon charges, which were later dropped. He transferred and was very productive in his last year with 15 TDs and 1,121 yards averaged 6.6 yards per.

7) Aaron Colvin, Cornerback, Oklahoma

Colvin teared his ACL at Senior Bowl practice... but he could be good value here because of it. Another late draft pick and a player to stash and develop.

7A) Ty Zimmerman, S, Kansas State

Special teams and developmental player.

7B) Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State

Just a big kid to work with 6’6’ 259

Love several of those picks. Obviously Clowney would have to be off the board for me to like Robinson.

Donald for sure.

Would take Deone Buchanon over Dion Bailey.

Like Baptiste, Murray and Crowell in particular.

Sauceman is offline Registered User

This may be one of my favorites so far. I think I'd drop one of the redundant lower picks and see about a big WR and an OLB.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sauceman View Post
    This may be one of my favorites so far. I think I'd drop one of the redundant lower picks and see about a big WR and an OLB.
    A few people here have mentoned Brandon Coleman as a good pick in that range.

Just had to check my last mock to see who we are taking Friday... LOL

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

timsum1283, citr92 and Sauceman like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast