Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Rambos draft rounds 1-3 and free agency

Are you suggesting that since the Bears as a team gave up a number of rushing yards, no one on that team is worth adding to our defense?
    I said
    Not sure how well he played when the Bears got run over in the SB.
    Not sure how you made that leap?

I would love some of the bears LB's, sure why not?

Are you suggesting that since the Bears as a team gave up a number of rushing yards
    I'm saying how well did He (Ian Scott) play?

You said you couldnít quantify a NT by stats, so Iím thinking if they are getting run on much like us, how much better or is this guy any better then Kennedy.

This is the most legitimate argument against the Scott signing. The problem is there aren't very many huge starting-caliber NT's out there on the free agent market
    I think thatís what I said, lets take the best defensive play that can make us better and deeper.

So if that player was a quarterback, you'd go out and take him as well?
    Keep it real Nick, I did not see one DB from our current roster in the bowl pro how many did you see?

Would I like to have Clements on the team? Sure. And if we should happen to sign him, it's definitely going to be a big upgrade to the secondary.
    Now you are getting it.

I just think our money may be better spent by signing players at other positions where we have more of a question mark, such as the front seven
    I say lets not waste money on another Glover, because we have a need. Spend the momey on a guys that can play here for, four good years and add Quality players, not a warm body to feel needs. IMO.

wide receiver, or even the offensive line.
    Draft...
    Last edited by Rambos; -02-23-2007 at 04:19 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rambos draft rounds 1-3 and free agency

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Not sure how you made that leap?
    My mistake then. It read to me as if you were making an implication that Chicago's Super Bowl defensive performance brought into question Scott's ability as a run defender.

You said you couldnít quantify a NT by stats, so Iím thinking if they are getting run on much like us, how much better or is this guy any better then Kennedy.
    They're getting run on as much as us? Not according to what they did this season...
    • Chicago: 99.4 rushing yards allowed per game, 4.0 average yards per carry, 7 rushing TDs allowed all season
    • St. Louis: 145.4 rushing yards allowed per game, 4.9 average yards per carry, 21 rushing TDs allowed all season

Keep in mind the Bears missed Tommie Harris, who Lovie Smith calls their best overall player, for the final three games of the season. Scott started over Tank Johnson to end the season, again without Harris beside him, and the Bears allowed an average of 73.6 rushing yards per game in that span.

Obviously the defense had its issues in the Super Bowl, but they all came in the second half. Through the first half, Chicago had held the Colts to 64 yards on 20 carries (3.2 average). But they couldn't sustain drives on offense so the D was on the field quite a bit a lot (38 minutes of the game to be exact) and likely just got worn down.

Keep it real Nick, I did not see one DB from our current roster in the bowl pro how many did you see?
    I am keeping it real. You said, "Take the best player in FA available." I'm just curious where you draw the line. We didn't have any interior offensive linemen in the Pro Bowl. Why don't you go after Steinbach or Dielman? Like the secondary, the O-line played well to finish the season, but there are certainly more questions about that unit than there are about our CBs, IMO.

Draft...
    Maybe at center, but at offensive guard, I believe this team needs a veteran presence, especially if Timmerman is allowed to walk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12