throwback week

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Rambos
  • 1 Post By Tampa_Ram

Thread: Rambos final mock of 2012

Rambos is offline Registered User

Rambos final mock of 2012

1.6 Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State: The Rams drop back in the draft and still get the best receiver in this draft with Blackmon. The Rams have not come close to filling the shoes of Bruce and or Holt. With Blackmon I believe they just have.

2.33 Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State: The Rams get younger on the interior line with this pick. Another area where the Rams just have not drafted well. Ryan Pickett was a solid DT, but the Rams didn't seem to know what they had at the time. The front four is complete with this pick. The front four of the Rams are young and talented, Fisher and his staff can coach them into a dominate force.

2.39 Reuben Randle, WR, LSU: I would really consider drafting a OLB here, but I'm going with the old saying "get good at something" adding Randle here gives the Rams a true number one and a solid number two receiver with Blackmon and Randle in the line up. The Rams needed to upgrade the receivers and could not land the big free agent.

3. Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State: With the O-line still in flux, Bell is not the answer. Watching him get manhandled time and time again. Meet 6-6, 333 Kelechi Osemele...that's pronounced kah-LETCH-ee oh-sem-AH-lee. He's big he's strong and just what Bradford's doctor ordered.

4. Demario Davis, OLB Arkansas State: This is the steal in the draft for the Rams. Davis plays fast and makes plays all over the field.. He's a big HITTER and a solid tackler. Has good hands to drop into coverage. He would contribute right away on ST and might just find his way into the starting line up.

6. Adonis Thomas, RB Toledo: Change pf pace back the Rams have not had, catches the ball very well out of the backfield. Could become a ST contributor as well as a punt returner or kickoffs duties.

7. Brian Stahovich, San Diego State punter: Punter

7.2 Miles Burris (OLB) San Diego State should come in and contributor on special teams... reminds me of Chris Chamberlain.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-08-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Richbert88 and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Rambos final mock of 2012

id take it in a heart beat. love the two wr's.
    FestusRam likes this.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I would be very happy with those picks.....

Go Rams

thillis is offline Registered User

Really like it. I would really like to take 2 WR's and a DT or RB with the top three picks. You went DT which is probably the smarter choice for this draft class. Having two firsts next year will make it very possible to get Jackson's successor with the talent of RB's coming out then. I also like how you addressed guard and OLB a little bit later in the draft.

harrydog is offline Registered User

I like it. But from what I've seen, there is a definite possibility that Worthy could be gone. Assuming that Devon Still is the only one of top DT's that's still there, what would you do with pick 2.33?

thermobee is offline Registered User

Osemele will not be there in the 3rd.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Nice job!

How about K Osemele at 2.33 / .39 though?

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    I like it. But from what I've seen, there is a definite possibility that Worthy could be gone. Assuming that Devon Still is the only one of top DT's that's still there, what would you do with pick 2.33?
    If Worthy is off the board I would go Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson. This draft is deep with DT we should be able to get a good one.

Osemele will not be there in the 3rd.
    How about K Osemele at 2.33 / .39 though?
    To make sure we land him, I could see that... I'm just greedy. If we took him in the second and then came back and took a receiver that would work. draftScout has him as a 2-3 round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    1.6 Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State: The Rams drop back in the draft and still get the best receiver in this draft with Blackmon. The Rams have not come close to filling the shoes of Bruce and or Holt. With Blackmon I believe they just have.

2.33 Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State: The Rams get younger on the interior line with this pick. Another area where the Rams just have not drafted well. Ryan Pickett was a solid DT, but the Rams didn't seem to know what they had at the time. The front four is complete with this pick. The front four of the Rams are young and talented, Fisher and his staff can coach them into a dominate force.

2.39 Reuben Randle, WR, LSU: I would really consider drafting a OLB here, but I'm going with the old saying "get good at something" adding Randle here gives the Rams a true number one and a solid number two receiver with Blackmon and Randle in the line up. The Rams needed to upgrade the receivers and could not land the big free agent.

3. Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State: With the O-line still in flux, Bell is not the answer. Watching him get manhandled time and time again. Meet 6-6, 333 Kelechi Osemele...that's pronounced kah-LETCH-ee oh-sem-AH-lee. He's big he's strong and just what Bradford's doctor ordered.

4. Demario Davis, OLB Arkansas State: This is the steal in the draft for the Rams. Davis plays fast and makes plays all over the field.. He's a big HITTER and a solid tackler. Has good hands to drop into coverage. He would contribute right away on ST and might just find his way into the starting line up.

6. Adonis Thomas, RB Toledo: Change pf pace back the Rams have not had, catches the ball very well out of the backfield. Could become a ST contributor as well as a punt returner or kickoffs duties.

7. Brian Stahovich, San Diego State punter: Punter

7.2 Miles Burris (OLB) San Diego State should come in and contributor on special teams... reminds me of Chris Chamberlain.
    Looking back at my final mock, I got the needs right...not really.

I had the first two position right but in the wrong order. Also had us taking two receivers and a RB. Had us taking a guard a bit higher but none the less we took one. I thought we would take a punter not a FK.

I missed big on the need for CB, the Rams really felt we needed an upgrade and they spent two very high picks on CB. Considering I did not even have us taking one shows how far off I was on this.. but I really like the move, we now have a deep and talented secondary.

Demario Davis, OLB Arkansas State: I will watch this kid he's a player was bummed when he came off the board in the 3rd.

The Jets took Demario in the third round (No. 77 overall).

Until next year...