RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

RamJackson39 Draft Prediction

1st Round.

Chad Greenway

Although I am a bigger fan of DeMeco Ryans, I expect his stock to fall based on his size and lack of top end speed. Greenway is a talented OLB with sideline to sideline speed and great size. Will make an immediate impact on defense.

Question. Why not Michael Huff?

I expect Huff to go earlier. Possibly to Arizona to play beside Adrian Wilson or line up opposite of Antrell Rolle.

2nd Round

Domonique Byrd

I expect to see his stock rise quickly with the combine. He has good speed and solid hands. He has good size for a TE and can slide in as an H-Back as well. Will be a solid upgrade over Manumaleuna and a great target in the RedZone

Question. Why not a MLB?

This is a pretty good class of MLBs with some talented guys that should be available going into the 4th round. Domonique Byrd is probably going to be the best player on the board at that time and I expect the Rams to go with the best player on the board.

3rd Round

Roman Harper

Roman Harper was a ballhawk safety at Alabama. He was a force against the run and probably the second best in coverage behind CB Ramzee Robinson. He can play either safety position and will be an upgarde on running downs if Archuleta is not brought back.

I'm projecting most of this with the combine in mind. I expect each of these guys to see their stocks rise with strong showings at the combine.

The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: RamJackson39 Draft Prediction

Nice Mock. Also maybe if not Harper that Purdue Safety Bernard Pollard?
    RamsFan16

general counsel is offline Registered User

Ramzee Robinson, what a great name for a future ram.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Ramzee Robinson, what a great name for a future ram.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I think so. He was a shutdown corner this season that got no respect from the media. He was a one star prospect when he signed with Bama, but has since added some serious muscle and become a playmaker in the secondary. I think he would be a great second round selection in next years draft.

bruce_wannabe Guest

if we do not pick up huff, why dont we just go with atogwe and carter????? we used a 3rd and a 4th last year on these guys and they did show some nfl skill so give them a chance

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Good thoughts,your right about the MLB we could wait till the 4th round and get Aaron Harris from Texas(could be the next London Fletcher).

:clanram:

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32
    Good thoughts,your right about the MLB we could wait till the 4th round and get Aaron Harris from Texas(could be the next London Fletcher).

:clanram:
    Harris in the fifth is as high as I'd take him right now, and I think that's being a bit generous. He's a Day Two guy, but I'm not convinced he's an early Day Two guy at this point.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

pretty good choices...but how about our o-line and d-line? should we invest through FAs or the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRam!
    pretty good choices...but how about our o-line and d-line? should we invest through FAs or the draft?
    I like what our O-Line can bring. It's not like we havent added any players. We drafted three O-Lineman last season and two of them are already starters. McCollum and Timmerman will be back with Saipaia and Incognito backing them up. I think the O-Line is going to be fine.

With the D-Line, I resign Pickett and I see what we have in Jeremy Callahan (I believe that's his name) he sounded like he had some nice raw talent. Dont forget that Kennedy will be back as well and he was looking pretty good before he was pulled for no reason. Chris Hovan is definately a name I'd look at in Free Agency though.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Rule of thumb -- if the player has less than three years experience, RJ39 thinks they have tremendous potential and there is no reason to worry.