QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Post RamOG #FinishingStrong Mock Off-Season V2.0

Important FA Signings:

Stephen Tulloch (WLB) - Match him up with Laurinitis and we have a couple of good Linebackers for our Linebacker corps. We still need to work on the third as well as the 4th, but we will address that in Draft and next FA. In my eyes for a 4-3 defense, that 4th linebacker is just as important as the first 3. Can give valuable minutes in depth, special teams and can maybe even specialize in something specific. So still need a strongside linebacker and a 4th man in LB group after this move. By the way if made this move, do you guys think Tulloch will play WLB or SLB?

Jerome Simpson (WR) - The WR is thinning out. I don't think we have many options with the FA WR class left. My first preference is if Steelers tender Mike Wallace for a second round pick then get him. If not, we have to sign someone and I think to elevate our WR play a little sign either Simpson, Braylon or Early Doucet. Guy is strictly low #2 high #3 WR, and we will still be addressing WR problems in draft. Especially trying to find that #1 for our team!

Veron Carey (OG) - I think he is the best Offensive Guard left in the FA. This will round out our team nice. We can still draft an OT/OG in the draft to figure out our LT/RT problem as well as add depth. No question this guy is the best Guard left though. Other options include Jake Scott or Bobbie Williams.

Aubrayo Franklin (DT) - This guy was in my original Mock Offseason 1.0. Still is. I think he can be had not cheap but not expensive. Him and Langford should stuff the interior. We will also draft some one else in first 3 rounds. So whoever that is will be the third man in this group, as well as take Aubrayos position in a season or two!

LaRod Stephens Howling (RB) and/or Tashard Choice (RB) - We should maybe draft an RB in the later rounds as well. However I think Stephens howling would be a good speed/change of pace back for Steven Jackson. Pair them both up with the RB from draft or maybe even pick up Tashard Choice as well and we should be fine with the backup RB game. Atleast for a season, before we look for Steven Jackson's future replacement. I think for now we can afford for to look for a good backup rather than future replacement, that can be done next year!

On to the draft. I want to share a couple of thoughts:
    1.) I think the Buccaneers do not care about Blackmon at all. I think with the Vincent Jackson signing, I am willing to bet the house that they really really really want Trent Richardson. So I think they will take him, but if the Browns take him then the Bucs will get Claiborne. Guy is a once in a while CB prospect and with Vincent Jackson, that makes more sense than Blackmon.
    2.) I think the Browns will take Blackmon. I know we keep thinking no. I think they want to give McCoy weapons, and need a playmaker, and want to stick it to us. Just kidding, if the Browns pick Blackmon it will have NOTHING to do with spiteing us. They can think like everyone else and feel RB can be picked anywhere, so Blackmon might be more important to them. Only way I see them not picking Blackmon is if they really want Claiborne! But I have a feeling they want that playmaker. Also, I don't mind this because as the draft approaches I really want Claiborne!

1.1 Colts - Andrew Luck
    1.2 Redskins - RGIII
    1.3 Vikings - Matt Kalil
    1.4 Browns - Justin Blackmon
    1.5 Buccaneers - Trent Richardson

Rams---
    1.6 - Morris Claiborne (CB) - We saw Patrick Peterson last year, we saw Claiborne in college. With us missing out on WR FA's, I realized more and more that I love Claiborne 100x more than Blackmon. Just the thought of a Finnegan/Claiborne combo of secondary for more than a few years gets me very hype. And on top of that after Finnegan gets old, we will have Claiborne for atleast a decade after we draft him! We can get that rotation of drafting players to take place of old ones like all good teams do! Claiborne and Finnegan 4-5 years. Claiborne for 10+ Years. Long and Quinn pressuring QBs, Claiborne and Finnegan making plays in secondary. Trust me, WRs will come and go. Blackmon is good but this option sounds extremely awesome to me.

2.1 - Stephen Hill (WR) - Combine doesn't mean anything, physical measurements doesn't mean anything. Especially when he didn't show much at GT. However GT was a high running team. The stock on hill for me keeps rising. Big physical looking wide receiver with speed. This guy might have a high ceiling and I think its worth the gamble. Of course it would pay off even more dividends if he turns out great. A big target for the next decade, 6-5 and fast. Hope the draft goes like this AND he turns out all he is hyped up to be!

2.6 - Jerel Worthy (DT) Jerel Worthy should be available here, so we should pick him up here. Also, if Kendall Reyes is available, we pick him but I think he will be gone by this pick. I think Worthy will be a good DT in the NFL. Will be great as our 3rd guy and eventual replacement for Aubrayo Franklin as well. If he is gone by this pick I think Jonathan Martin at OT or Mike Adams will be perfect here. One of them should be available at this point I would think. If not Kevin Zeitler or Kelechi is allright here too. If we can't get that very good DT, we should go BPAneeded.

3.2 - Sean Spence (OLB) Should fill that starting Linebacker spot. Should be available here and be a perfect pick up for us, in terms of need and starting capability.

4.1 - Tommy Streeter (WR) - Before someone picks him up, lets get him here. I think Streeter has a high chance of going anywhere Midearly 4th to Middle 5th. However we don't have a 5th, so there will be no way he comes around to the 6th round! Also, I think just putting money on a Hill/Simpson combo isn't a good idea. Streeter looks raw and could be a great receiver. This guy is in my Top3/Top4 favorite receivers of the draft. Lets get him, between him and Hill I am sure one will work out real well!

Get a combo of RB, OT, FB, a very good Kicker, and/or a very good Punter. Top preference being OT, so we have someone to work on behind Smith and Saffold. Especially because I don't trust Smith. I have faith that Saffold will be back under Fisher and claim that LT spot or at worse become our RT of the future. But I have no faith in Smith.

-------------------------------------------

2012 Rams Starting Roster! (Navy Blue - New Additions)

Offense:
    QB - Sam Bradford / Kellen Clemens
    RB - Steven Jackson / LaRod Stephens-Howling
    FB - Brit Miller
    TE - Lance Kendricks / Illinois Mike
    WR1 - Stephen Hill
    WR2 - Jerome Simpson / Tommy Streeter
    WR3 - Danny Amendola / Jerome Simpson

LT - Roger Saffold
    LG - Veron Carey
    C - Scott Wells
    RG - Harvey Dahl
    RT - Jason Smith

Defense:
    DE - Chris Long
    DT - Kendall Langord / Jerel Worthy
    DT - Aubrayo Franklin / Jerel Worthy
    DE - Robert Quinn

SLB -Stephen Tulloch
    MLB - James Laurinitis
    WLB -Sean Spence

CB1 - Cortland Finnegan
    FS - Quintin Mikell
    SS - Darian Stewart
    CB2 - Morris Claiborne

So, whatya guys think?
    Last edited by QUINNtessentialTruth; -03-18-2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Nevermind, it let me edit the title. Thank you! Finish It changed to Finishing

Re: Rams #Fini****Strong Mock Off-season V2.0

By the way, I was definitely trying to do a twitter lingo of .. 'FINISH IT STRONG', haha, there were no curse words involved. Finsh It, put together just creates one unintentionally. Also I was trying to make it say RamOG

Can a mod please change the thread title to the following: " RamOG #FinishingStrong Mock Off-Season V2.0 "

Thank you!

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Re: RamOG #FinishingStrong Mock Off-Season V2.0

I'd love for everything to play out this way. Tulloch is a longshot, tho, most likely.

Really dig the draft above

Thanks. As time progress I seem myself rooting for Claiborne to be available at 6. Sam needs help no question and its too late in FA. So why don't we take a great CB and draft two WR. Instead of Blackmon and no sure fire defensive player.

Also, why do you say no on tulloch. Any specific reason, salary cap space? Or just the fact we haven't shown interest yet and same on tullochs end, so it probably won't happen?

Draftniksince1985 is offline Registered User

Unfortunately I don't think the Rams have the luxury of being able to draft raw developmental WRs like Streeter and Hill. Don't get me wrong I loke both players but we need one maybe two guys that could make an impact day 1. There are plenty of reasons why Blackmon is ranked higher than hill even though he is shorter and slower in the 40. If Blackmon is off the board I Iike Floyd at 6, he reminds me of Brandon Marshall with his quickness off the line and great hands. I'd consider trading back for Kendall Wright or if slips to 31 I'd take him in a heartbeat. He knows how to create seperation and could produce day one. Also, Mohammed Sanu in the 3rd round could step in and start immediately.

I agree, but I think if we go after Claiborne we don't have a choice. Which I think we should by the way, if Claibornes available, we have to get him at #6. If Floyd or Wright drops to 2.1 then definitely take them. However, I don't think they will drop to that.

As an alternative...Maybe Hill at 2.1 and Sanu in 3rd round will work. Then draft Nigel Bradham in a later round rather than Sean Spence in the 3rd round where we draft Sanu?